Keep My Secrets 0 0%
Live and Learn 1 2.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

11:22 AM on 02/23/10 
User Info.
shawnmalloy
No Avatar Selected
Male - 30 Years Old
I'm really diggin this. It's getting harder and harder to find a solid melodic rock band that doesn't give in to the modern trends and gimmicks. Even better is that you're doing everything yourself, plus you're giving away your music for free. That's quite a statement.
04:12 PM on 02/23/10 
User Info.
COLEMAN902
acommonyear.com
Portland, OR
Male - 26 Years Old
I'm really diggin this. It's getting harder and harder to find a solid melodic rock band that doesn't give in to the modern trends and gimmicks. Even better is that you're doing everything yourself, plus you're giving away your music for free. That's quite a statement.

Thanks so much, man! I agree - all the modern trends and gimmicks are getting old - and we're definitely trying to just be an honest rock band. We're also happy to give away the album for free - we're doing what we love to do, and we didn't have to pay anyone in the process. Hopefully it's a formula that works. Glad you're diggin it, and keep listening!

-Coleman
07:43 PM on 02/23/10 
User Info.
cbaksa
www.acommonyear.com
Indianapolis
Male - 26 Years Old
Thanks a lot man. That's one of the better compliments you could've given us.
08:35 PM on 02/23/10 
User Info.
simonbelmont
No Avatar Selected
Male - 26 Years Old
I agree.
08:43 AM on 02/24/10 
User Info.
cbaksa
www.acommonyear.com
Indianapolis
Male - 26 Years Old
Well thank YOU too then. Haha.
08:55 PM on 02/24/10 
User Info.
cbaksa
www.acommonyear.com
Indianapolis
Male - 26 Years Old
good stuff man.
you guys have some solid stuff there.
downloaded.

just downloaded.. your stuff kills!

downloading now. great stuff.

Wow I'm enjoying this. Going to download it.

This fucking rules. Will download tomorrow when I am on my laptop not the home computer. Really good guys. Keep it up

Dig this man! Downloading.

Downloaded, but haven't had a chance to give it much of a listen. What I heard sounds very promising though.

This is amazing. That you produced and mastered it yourselves makes it even more so. Great work guys!

sounds great man. definitely will be getting this

Good stuff guys, on my first listen through and I'm really enjoying it. Amazing that you produced and mastered it on your own, good luck!

I'll be downloading this and giving it a chance when I get home after school. Looking forward to it.

sounds really good dude. we also record and produce everything ourselves. nice to see bands putting in the work. nice stuff

an orgasm for the ears...

My personal favorite at the moment is "Don't Take Me Seriously." I'm really enjoying all of it, though.

So I have a question for everyone...

When people find out I'm in a band, they always pose the inevitable "Oh, who do you guys sound like?" question. People don't realize that it's a terribly difficult question to answer. I never know how to respond -- so I'm asking you all. Do we sound like anyone in particular? Who do we remind you of?
09:12 PM on 02/24/10 
User Info.
Stavie Steelo
Chicago
Male - 24 Years Old
Downloading it right now, give some feedback when I'm done listening
11:08 PM on 02/24/10 
User Info.
Stavie Steelo
Chicago
Male - 24 Years Old
File won't download right and doesn't unzip have tried like 6 times now.
11:22 PM on 02/24/10 
User Info.
cbaksa
www.acommonyear.com
Indianapolis
Male - 26 Years Old
Hmmm...that's not cool.

Which format were you trying to download?
11:29 PM on 02/24/10 
User Info.
cbaksa
www.acommonyear.com
Indianapolis
Male - 26 Years Old
Go ahead and sample a few tracks on our myspace: http://www.myspace.com/acommonyear.

If you dig, let me know and we'll figure out a way to get you the album.
11:58 PM on 02/24/10 
User Info.
Stavie Steelo
Chicago
Male - 24 Years Old
Go ahead and sample a few tracks on our myspace: http://www.myspace.com/acommonyear.

If you dig, let me know and we'll figure out a way to get you the album.
I got it to work, was trying the mp3 I just downloaded the smallest one I think the low AAC. My internet is running slow tonight I'm gonna try to get the higher quality files later on when it is running better. Sound good though so far especially for a self produced first album.
12:04 AM on 02/25/10 
User Info.
cbaksa
www.acommonyear.com
Indianapolis
Male - 26 Years Old
OK right on.

If you're running iTunes, the ALAC file is the highest quality, just for your reference.

Glad you're liking it so far. We'd love to hear what you think after a few spins.
04:03 AM on 02/25/10 
User Info.
BrennanHickson
Awaiting Criticism
Podunk, Alabama
Female - 19 Years Old
So I have a question for everyone...

When people find out I'm in a band, they always pose the inevitable "Oh, who do you guys sound like?" question. People don't realize that it's a terribly difficult question to answer. I never know how to respond -- so I'm asking you all. Do we sound like anyone in particular? Who do we remind you of?
I think you hit it straight on the head with Jimmy Eat World, Brand New, and Acceptance.

If you're in a good band, different songs will sound different. "Don't Take Me Seriously" (particularly the introduction) reminds me a lot of Brand New, whereas "Be Good, Be True" sounds more Acceptance-like. I think you're fine to continue with the bands you've chosen.
12:08 PM on 02/25/10 
User Info.
cbaksa
www.acommonyear.com
Indianapolis
Male - 26 Years Old
I think you hit it straight on the head with Jimmy Eat World, Brand New, and Acceptance.

If you're in a good band, different songs will sound different. "Don't Take Me Seriously" (particularly the introduction) reminds me a lot of Brand New, whereas "Be Good, Be True" sounds more Acceptance-like. I think you're fine to continue with the bands you've chosen.
Dude -- right on for getting us posted on the news feed. That rocks.
12:16 PM on 02/25/10 
User Info.
BrennanHickson
Awaiting Criticism
Podunk, Alabama
Female - 19 Years Old
Dude -- right on for getting us posted on the news feed. That rocks.
Anytime. It's quickly become a recent favorite of mine.

And I forgot to mention earlier that the introduction and first verse of "A Final Word" remind me a lot of "Great Romances of the 20th Century" by Taking Back Sunday.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos