12:39 PM on 02/05/10
PezMullet
Get ready
User Info.
Dinosaurs will slowly die
And I do believe no one will cry
I'm just fuckin glad I'm gonna be
There to watch the fall...

Came in here to post the same thing. You beat me to it.
12:45 PM on 02/05/10
StefanMaxxx
User Info.
It would be a huge shame if EMI do go bankrupt. But, I don't see that happening. Another company will probably save it, or at least buy all of the big artists on the label (and there's a lot of them).

Someone will buy it, probably WMG.
12:46 PM on 02/05/10
SLoT
Stage three has begun.
User Info.
Holy shit.
12:48 PM on 02/05/10
x13looDx
User Info.
How does that even happen?
12:48 PM on 02/05/10
GeeBee
Tertium Non Datur
User Info.
Came in here to post the same thing. You beat me to it.
Haha, I think of that song every time I see any news about the music industry.
12:55 PM on 02/05/10
Sloth7
Kitton Mittons
User Info.
I do understand if people are a bit indifferent to a major company falling, but for the music industry, this is just a shame. Record labels, record stores, the actual purchasing of physical copies, and the album format are all hurting big time. I agree, we as consumers were overcharged for too long, but I do miss the excitement of everyone going out to go buy a new cd when it came out or browsing through a music store. It's just a shame that a once fun part of the music experience is disappearing one piece at a time. I hope EMI is able to get through this somehow.
01:02 PM on 02/05/10
lbc182
User Info.
01:02 PM on 02/05/10
atticus18244fss
reddit.com/r/blink182
User Info.
How is it even possbile to lose that amount of money...
01:03 PM on 02/05/10
dismrepair08
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I do understand if people are a bit indifferent to a major company falling, but for the music industry, this is just a shame. Record labels, record stores, the actual purchasing of physical copies, and the album format are all hurting big time. I agree, we as consumers were overcharged for too long, but I do miss the excitement of everyone going out to go buy a new cd when it came out or browsing through a music store. It's just a shame that a once fun part of the music experience is disappearing one piece at a time. I hope EMI is able to get through this somehow.
I agree. This sounds like bad news for the music industry in general. I really hope that physical CDs will still be produced in the future, but if record labels keep going bankrupt and sales continue to decline like they have in the past decade, the future doesn't look too good. I know that the music industry has done a lot of bad things, but I think it's ultimately unfortunate news for music in general if a corporation like EMI goes down the drain.
01:08 PM on 02/05/10
Jodi-Kaos
TaVon Jackson
User Info.
Right behind you on this.

I still actually find joy in buying a CD, but it's not the same as it use to be. I remember the time where people literally slept out of a record store for about 2 days in hopes of being the first person to buy an album. I also remember when record labels did everything they could to sell their artists. Huge promotional events, commercial after commercial, advertisement billboards, big time performances. Stuff you don't really see anymore. Nowadays the only place you can find any kind of real advertising or promotion of music is on the Fuse channel, while MTV and VH1 and even BET are now more worried about reality shows than what they use to be: MUSIC channels.

I really hope EMI can pull through as well. No clue how they're going to, but I'm rooting for them. :/
01:10 PM on 02/05/10
Metal Now
Talking about the second and third
User Info.
Great.
01:14 PM on 02/05/10
silentjslivjak
Shorter, Faster, Louder
User Info.
a haiku:

music industry
meeting its maker slowly
why taking so long?
AaronMarsh
Copeland / Aaron
User Info.
Looking forward to this conversation...

someone - "So what do you do for a living?"
me - "I'm a musician."
someone - "oh. really? So do you have a record deal and all that?"
me - "yup"
someone - "No kidding! Who are you signed with?"
me - "ummmm... citi bank?"
someone - "oh... That's cool. I have a checking account over there."
Jodi-Kaos
TaVon Jackson
User Info.
The music industry is going through HELL right now. The art of music is dying and [actual] talented artists are becoming a dying breed.
01:15 PM on 02/05/10
Jodi-Kaos
TaVon Jackson
User Info.
Looking forward to this conversation...

someone - "So what do you do for a living?"
me - "I'm a musician."
someone - "oh. really? So do you have a record deal and all that?"
me - "yup"
someone - "No kidding! Who are you signed with?"
me - "ummmm... citi bank?"
someone - "oh... That's cool. I have a checking account over there."