Album Review

Armsbendback - Armsbendback Album Cover

Armsbendback - Armsbendback

Reviewed by
Armsbendback - Armsbendback
Record Label: Trustkill Records
Release Date: November 10,2009
Who?

Armsbendback is a rock band from Philadelphia who signed with Trustkill Records shortly after the release of their Even Though I'll Hurt You EP in 2002. The band released their debut album The Waiting Room in 2003 and toured with acts such as Hawthorne Heights, Posion the Well and 36 Crazyfists. The band was mostly known for their cover of The Police's "Don't Stand So Close to Me". The band disbanded in 2006, but last summer vocalist Mike Coasey announced that the band was back together.

How is it?

Armsbendback's new self titled album, produced and mixed by guitarist Carson Slovak, won't upset fans of their previous work. Coasey's clean vocals really shine on tracks like "We Can Change It" and "Dead or Barely Breathing". The band's overall musicianship has matured and gotten tighter since their last album. Tracks like "Take All The Time You Need" and the epic "It's Nothing New" are great examples of that. There are a couple of mishaps: "Future Whores Of America" would be better if the lyrics weren't so repetitive, and their re-recorded cover of "Don't Stand So Close to Me" falls short. Since their breakup in 2006, the music scene has been plagued with cookie-cutter breakdowns, neon-flavored electro beats and (sigh) Auto-tune. Armsbendback show that you don't need any of those overused tricks to make a good album.

Go Download"It's Nothing New"

Tracklisting1)Where's My Bourbon?
2)It's Nothing New
3)We Can Change It
4)Take All The Time You Need
5)Megan Fox
6)The Queen Is Dead
7)Hyper Real
8)Dead Or Barely Breathing
9)Solaris
10)Future Whores Of America
11)Don't Stand So Close To Me(Bonus Track)

Recommended If You LikeHopesfall-A Types,Chevelle-Vena Sera

Check them out on myspace
This review is a user submitted review from TerrancePryor. You can see all of TerrancePryor's submitted reviews here.

Displaying posts 1 - 2 of 2
08:48 AM on 02/26/10
knowthisx
brujah brujah!
User Info.
Missed these guys. Good review, I'll have to check this out.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos