Male - 24 Years Old
Haha Bane doesn't look "cartoony" at all
03:13 PM on 04/30/12 
User Info.
jwicklun
Never forget.
San Francisco, CA
Male - 24 Years Old
I mean cartoony would have been if Nolan kept the luchador mask.
03:15 PM on 04/30/12 
User Info.
justinwho
long live RepliesWithGifs
Columbia Falls, MT
Male - 25 Years Old
MI Looked like MT for a second and I was so happy I almost exploded.

i did the same thing, man.

we always get screwed out of awesome things
03:17 PM on 04/30/12 
User Info.
justinwho
long live RepliesWithGifs
Columbia Falls, MT
Male - 25 Years Old
Do we have any way of knowing how many have been done and how many are left to go?

i've just been going off of the whole hashtag thing they have going on on twitter

#tdkr07202012
03:21 PM on 04/30/12 
User Info.
imtherealdave
Mostly Harmless
Middle of Nowhere
Male
we went almost 6000 posts without a troll... lets not start now. any comparison if Nolan to Schumaker is laughable.

BAAAAANNNNEEEE. BBBOOOOMMMMBBBB.

Lets be serious here...

You may be trying to troll, but I'm not. I just honestly don't like the look. Someone isn't trolling just because they don't agree with you.

you think Nolan Bane looks cartoony?

Maybe not cartoonish, but definitely ridiculous. I'm not a fan of his gigantic breathing apparatus. There had to be a more practical way to pull that off. I'm hoping it'll look better when it's actually in the finished film. I've read in a few places that Bane's voice is improved in the new trailer, so maybe he'll look better when everything's completed.

I still have faith. I remember everyone freaking out when Heath Ledger was named as the joker and I think everyone can agree that he did a great job.
03:24 PM on 04/30/12 
User Info.
Nolessthanblink
Are you watching closely?
Killeen, TX
Male - 27 Years Old
You may be trying to troll, but I'm not. I just honestly don't like the look. Someone isn't trolling just because they don't agree with you.

Maybe not cartoonish, but definitely ridiculous. I'm not a fan of his gigantic breathing apparatus. There had to be a more practical way to pull that off. I'm hoping it'll look better when it's actually in the finished film. I've read in a few places that Bane's voice is improved in the new trailer, so maybe he'll look better when everything's completed.

I still have faith. I remember everyone freaking out when Heath Ledger was named as the joker and I think everyone can agree that he did a great job.

You can't "have faith" and question what he's doing with the film. That's like a double negative. Just curious, what's wrong with his mask and how would you make it more "real"? I'm not trying to argue or be difficult, I'm just curious as to how you'd improve it since you're so quick to criticize. I think it looks fine, and as someone mentioned above, at least he doesn't have the lucha libre mask anymore. haha
03:28 PM on 04/30/12 
User Info.
ImTheSheriff
///
Male - 25 Years Old
i wish i wish back home and not at school because i'd be in Pittsburgh looking for all those.
03:31 PM on 04/30/12 
User Info.
Jason Tate
Portland, OR
Male - 31 Years Old
Staff Member
Thought this was the practical way to pull it off?
03:42 PM on 04/30/12 
User Info.
drudo182
You Are Not Alone
Springfield, MO
Male - 29 Years Old
He has a reason why he wears the mask. Obviously you want it to look cool and have a reason for being there and it looks and sounds like they came up with a good one.

People are going to harp all over Catwoman and Bane in this one. Just impossible to make anyone happy it seems.
03:46 PM on 04/30/12 
User Info.
drudo182
You Are Not Alone
Springfield, MO
Male - 29 Years Old
03:54 PM on 04/30/12 
User Info.
imtherealdave
Mostly Harmless
Middle of Nowhere
Male
You can't "have faith" and question what he's doing with the film. That's like a double negative. Just curious, what's wrong with his mask and how would you make it more "real"? I'm not trying to argue or be difficult, I'm just curious as to how you'd improve it since you're so quick to criticize. I think it looks fine, and as someone mentioned above, at least he doesn't have the lucha libre mask anymore. haha

Maybe not total faith.. but I have faith.. or at least I'm trying to.

I'm glad he's not wearing a wrestling mask. I can agree with you there. I'd just like it to look a little less like an action figure I might have had as a kid and maybe a little more military or medical. Besides, I don't know Nolan's exact backstory but from what I remember Bane needs to take a particular drug once every 12 hours. He doesn't necessarily need a breathing apparatus for that. In most of the stories Bane usually has it transmitted via a pump/tube but it seems like he could inject himself every 12 hours and forgo the device all together.
04:09 PM on 04/30/12 
User Info.
vivatoto56
EB was left out
Billings, MT
Male - 23 Years Old
That's like complaining that the Joker wore too much make up.
04:14 PM on 04/30/12 
User Info.
imtherealdave
Mostly Harmless
Middle of Nowhere
Male
That's like complaining that the Joker wore too much make up.

Please elaborate.
04:25 PM on 04/30/12 
User Info.
Jason Tate
Portland, OR
Male - 31 Years Old
Staff Member
Maybe not total faith.. but I have faith.. or at least I'm trying to.

I'm glad he's not wearing a wrestling mask. I can agree with you there. I'd just like it to look a little less like an action figure I might have had as a kid and maybe a little more military or medical. Besides, I don't know Nolan's exact backstory but from what I remember Bane needs to take a particular drug once every 12 hours. He doesn't necessarily need a breathing apparatus for that. In most of the stories Bane usually has it transmitted via a pump/tube but it seems like he could inject himself every 12 hours and forgo the device all together.
It's already been established he takes the pain relieving drug in aerosol form through the mask.

And Bane, the character, has a mask -- not having the mask for the character would be way worse.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos