|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:|
1. How did you get your band name?
Evolutia (n); a place where evolving occurs.
2. How did this band get started?
A love for music, a boredom with the mundane, a fascination with instruments, a desire to express ourselves, a desire to create, and a desire to give away what we create.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
Radiohead, The Mars Volta, mewithoutYou, Say Anything, Best Interest, Foals, Dredg, Muse, Nine Inch Nails, Rage Against the Machine, Simplistic., Underoath, Tool.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would it be and why?
I would love to tour with any of the bands listed above (the "influenced by" question) because all of these bands have very unique but effective methods of performing, promoting, and delivering their music. The methods, band image, and stage presence of these bands are all different but all effective. I'd just love to see them in action.
5. If you were a furry, what animal would you be? Why that animal?
I would be a furry, because that's the only choice I was given. If I could choose what color furry I am, I would choose white with large green spots.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
I used to write and record music that wasn't that demanding of me intellectually and after it was recorded I rarely, if ever, put it into my stereo and listened to it. After I took a break from music for a couple years I decided that if I was gonna write and record music again I would have to love the music that I was making. What I love about the music we create for Evolutia is it's evolving. Any given part of our new Fear's Fall EP hardly sounds the same as the next part or any other part on the EP - it's interesting, it paints a picture, creates a setting, you can space out through it or be enveloped in it. I love music with a somewhat complex but heavy head-bobbing groove (Tool, Mars Volta, Foals, Rage), melodic thought-through vocal lines (Thom Yorke), great drumming (Mars Volta), complex but charming bass grooves, and pleasant surprises at every turn (whether that means samples, punches, syncopation, tempo change, key change, mood change, instrument change, etc). If you can relate, you'll probably like Evolutia and our new Fear's Fall EP.
7. If you were chosen to be in Guitar Hero/Rock Band, what song would you want in the game? How hard do you think it would be to five-star on expert?
"Half Awake" would be pretty tough I think.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
God, my wife, my family, everyone who has supported my music in any way.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
I think "open-source" would be the word I'm looking for. More Do-It-Yourself friendly. Less elitist. More partnership and collaboration with other fine art forms. More talk about real talent (Radiohead), and less talk about instant mix (Taylor Swift). These are things that I would like to do with music and hope to influence others to do more of.
10. Memorable tour experience?
Scatting with a bum.
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
Good news. I don't care about newspaper headlines and some politician's new book. All I care about is new albums, artwork, leaks, live videos, new singles, interviews with Max Bemis, and the next new band for me to bump.
12. What is your favorite song to play?
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Neil Diamond, so lame.
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
Mind Manipulation because I feel like sad people could live the happiest lives if they just had a slight mental/worldview adjustment.
16. Do you feel that your band has "made it"?
I don't know what that means, but we surely have goals that we have yet to accomplish and when those are accomplished there will be more, so no.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
We spent over 9 months (most of 2009) writing and recording the 5 songs on our Fear's Fall EP because we wanted to make the best music that we could possibly make together. It was an enjoyable and educational uphill struggle.
18. What's your favorite holiday?
Christmas, of course.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Besides the obvious (find/listen to/write/record/practice/play music), I've recently been obsessed with digital art, photography, and website design. I smoke to much and drink a little to much. I read for educational purposes (and I enjoy it), longboard, disc golf, talk.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
An eye for fashion and design (feminine, I know), I'm crafty. I'm way more athletic / coordinated than I seem and even though I don't excercise much or eat well, I seem to stay in good shape.
No one has commented on this interview.You can be the first. |
Buy The Music