Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 37
12:19 PM on 02/13/10
thekinison
Use the fuckin pikey...
User Info.
Everyone should check out the HIM singles collection boxset. Amazing b-sides/remixes from my personal favourtite era of the band (RR & deep shadows). The last few records have been Ok, the the older stuff is incredible though.
01:15 PM on 02/13/10
Ron57
Donuts R Us
User Info.
I don't hate this band...In fact I used to really like them. I also own a Heartogram shirt (though, I haven't worn it in a year or so due to accidentally bleaching it), and I was into them a couple years back, but it all just sounds so depressing and dreary now to me. I can't get back into it. It's like a block.

So I gave it a shot, but in all honestly it's just another one of those "eh" album's.
01:39 PM on 02/13/10
makeasound
start appreciating yourself
User Info.
Only album from this band that I can listen to is Love Metal. Everything else is just past my acceptable limit of cheesiness. And that's saying something.

Good review, Jeremy.
01:41 PM on 02/13/10
liarsenic678
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I like this album, have been a fan of HIM for years......... yes Razorblade Romance is 20 times better but so is every band who has a "great album." I am happy that Ville's vocal capabilities are starting to actually show up on the last 2 records than before, and Screamworks is probably his best album vocally. The ONLY thing i dont like.......... THE LYRICS ARENT THAT GREAT......... especially after an album of lyrics like Venus Doom, seriously Ville u could have done a little better.
02:07 PM on 02/13/10
lovemetal24
User Info.
I like this album, have been a fan of HIM for years......... yes Razorblade Romance is 20 times better but so is every band who has a "great album." I am happy that Ville's vocal capabilities are starting to actually show up on the last 2 records than before, and Screamworks is probably his best album vocally. The ONLY thing i dont like.......... THE LYRICS ARENT THAT GREAT......... especially after an album of lyrics like Venus Doom, seriously Ville u could have done a little better.

agreed on his best vocal performance.....and yes the lyrics aren't that great this time around
02:32 PM on 02/13/10
patinthehat12
User Info.
interesting review.... glad to hear this album is not worth anything, as i thought it would be.

p.s. sorry, maybe my opinion is bias, i've always hated this band.
03:23 PM on 02/13/10
HelloxAlone
stay lucky, stay free
User Info.
I thought some of the songs were alright, surely nothing special, but not too bad.
05:05 PM on 02/13/10
Kid Amnesiac
User Info.
HIM sucks. BAM rocks. Razorblade Romance was a solid CD, by no means great. CKy has more solid material then HIM.
08:03 PM on 02/13/10
Cholo_Loco
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
HIM and Nickelback are pretty much on the same level.
10:11 PM on 02/13/10
:-)
User Info.
HIM and Nickelback are pretty much on the same level.
what the hell?
10:16 PM on 02/13/10
rawspinner
Fight the Cancer
User Info.
.....Get out of my country.
lol
07:33 AM on 02/14/10
alert=danger
twitter.com/christopmclean
User Info.
Still enjoy listening to HIM from time to time, but I think it is a bit more for Nostalgias sake. Used to be very into that whole scene, but I don't know if I could get into some new stuff. Will give the album a spin and see what think, but I'm not expecting much!
09:20 AM on 02/14/10
Jamos4184
www.facebook.com/attalusmusic
User Info.
I've never gotten this band. Maybe it's the crazed-fanaticism of their cult-like following (I can't help but picture chubby girls wearing gothic makeup and "Twilight" t-shirts) that has always just turned me off. Or maybe it's the over-dramatic style of the lead singer's voice. Either way, I don't see any reason to get into them now.
10:07 AM on 02/14/10
andthetruthwill
You keep company with wolves.
User Info.
.....Get out of my country.
You have your own country? Is it like that Sealand place? That would be neat. For you. I'm not one for traveling, I've never been to your country. And unless you're a nice cute girl, I'm probably never going to visit.
12:01 PM on 02/14/10
Rysker6
I am not Tom Delonge
User Info.
You have your own country? Is it like that Sealand place? That would be neat. For you. I'm not one for traveling, I've never been to your country. And unless you're a nice cute girl, I'm probably never going to visit.

Yep its called the United States, and H.I.M. composed our national anthem.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos