AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Interview

Becca - 02.14.10

Interviewed by
Becca - 02.14.10The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:

Becca

www.beccahollcraft.com
www.BeccaOfficial.com
www.myspace.com/beccachanofficial

1. How did you get your band name?
Becca also happens to be my name.

2. How did this band get started?
Well, I've been singing my entire life, started playing guitar and writing songs at 10 years old, then did everything I could to get on stage. Every summer in Portland starting at age 12 I was going to an all girls "rock and roll" camp where you form bands, learn all about girls who rock, and play performances. I made a demo at age 14 after meeting Meredith Brooks through a family friend, and I'd fly out to Los Angeles to record with her then fly back home to go to highschool until I decided to make the move out to LA. I signed with Meredith's production company and really focused on recording an album and playing shows out in LA. Sony Japan discovered me at a showcase when I was 17, and here I am today!

3. What bands are you influenced by?
I've been influenced by bands such as Garbage, Muse, Heart and then artists such as Cyndi Lauper, Alanis Morissette, and Steven Tyler.

4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would it be and why?
I would want to tour with Aerosmith because their music is legendary and influences me.

5. If you were furry, what animal would you be? Why that animal?
I always wanted to be a cheetah because they are wild and can run so fast.

6. Why should people listen to your band?
Because music comes first for me and putting out good quality songs is what I'm all about.

7. If you were chosen to be in Guitar Hero/Rock Band, what song would you want in the game? How hard do you think it would be to five-star on expert?
I have never played the game actually because I'm scared I'll suck. But to have a song on Guitar Hero or Rock Band would be amazing! I have my song "I'm Alive" on a computer game called Hit Machine at omgpop.com and that's been one of the greatest things to happen so far!

8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
Man, that is the biggest dream of mine of all time. They would have to mute the microphone and drag me off stage because I have so many people to thank.

9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
I would hope I could have some influence with that by putting authenticity back into the industry.

10. Memorable tour experience?
Watching my drummer and translator shotgun red bulls instead of beer before our shows in Japan. I thought it was one of the most hilarious things I've ever seen.

11. What does AP.net mean to you?
It's an awesome place to learn more about the bands you love.

12. What is your favorite song to play?
"Shibuya" because sometimes it's fun to take off the guitar and dance.

13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
Newfane, Vermont.

14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
My childhood was 90s music or whatever my parents would make us listen to in the car which was usually The Carpenters or James Taylor or a random musical.

15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
I would want to be able to fly really fast. It would save time and money on airfare.

16. Do you feel that your band has "made it"?
I don't believe I'll ever feel that I've "made it" because to me, being a musician is forever a battle to be better and achieve more.

17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
They probably don't know that I'm a terrible swimmer.

18. What's your favorite holiday?
Halloween of course.

19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
I like to go to the gym, watch movies, and play with my dog.

20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
I have really flexible arms and can do things with them that are hard to explain but a crazy vision to see.

Displaying posts 1 - 2 of 2
12:16 PM on 02/16/10
Takuto
User Info.
I can't wait for Becca's US debut.
I saw her live last year and she's amazing.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos