05:28 PM on 02/15/10
hyliandelaisla
User Info.
thanks for having me too ap.net and friends of ours
05:30 PM on 02/15/10
hyliandelaisla
User Info.
Hey guys...thanks for chatting.

I am curious if you were tempted at all to issue your new release under the name This Day and Age?

it was of course a thought but i don't ever seriously entertained. this day and age was very much kelly, mike, joey, kenny, pete as much as jeff and i. this cd is just jeff and i..
05:32 PM on 02/15/10
hyliandelaisla
User Info.
Your new album is stunning. So good. Best album I've heard so far this year. Any chance of a physical release?

thank you! :) since we released it ourselves and had no idea what to expect as far as a response, we didn't want to go too financially deep without knowing what would happen...also, distribution of physical releases is an entire issue on its own. we figured digital was a good way to test the waters. it comes with a booklet and everything though.
05:34 PM on 02/15/10
hyliandelaisla
User Info.
Favorite authors / books.
perelandra (wrote track 2 about it) lord of the rings (see track 4 about it) narnia, harry potter, things like that but so much more besides.
05:37 PM on 02/15/10
hyliandelaisla
User Info.
Thank you Steve for playing one hell of a show with The Reign of Kindo last year in Houston to about 10-15 people. Despite the small crowd you guys gave it your all and were in good spirits and that made me respect you and your band so much more. Speaking of Reign of Kindo, when is the record coming out, or is it an EP?
thanks :) i remember that show. so cool that you can be in a different corner of the country, play what would appear to be a discouraging show to anyone else, but be reminded why it isn't anything close to that because of people like you and what you just said. anyways, new kindo is def a full length, which we are incredibly anxious and excited to share with everyone. may/june release
05:38 PM on 02/15/10
hyliandelaisla
User Info.
What does the word 'shitstorm' mean to you
hahahahaha i miss you/hate you very much
05:39 PM on 02/15/10
hyliandelaisla
User Info.
What are some of your most anticipated records this year?
just came out. pat metheny's orchestrion. check it out it will blow your mind. read about how he created it as well. also, i'd say i'm anticipating the second reign of kindo full length.
05:41 PM on 02/15/10
hyliandelaisla
User Info.
What are your favorite songs on the record?
i think my favorite of jeff's is in this story. of mine i was most excited about perelandra and farewell the company..only because like i said before they were about my favorite books
05:42 PM on 02/15/10
hyliandelaisla
User Info.
Steve, any update on The Reign Of Kindo?
yea, just wrote about our upcoming second release. also, released some videos on youtube...search reign of kindo candyrat ...hope you like them!!!
05:43 PM on 02/15/10
hyliandelaisla
User Info.
i haven't even heard the new kindo yet, steve!!!
you are my enemy
05:44 PM on 02/15/10
hyliandelaisla
User Info.
How many songs will be on The Reign Of Kindo's new full length?
looking like 12 again...
05:46 PM on 02/15/10
hyliandelaisla
User Info.
airplane question: i seem to be subconsciously obsessed with planes, even still ("runway" on the new album).. for always leave the ground, it just made sense thematically.
don't ever call me again
05:48 PM on 02/15/10
hyliandelaisla
User Info.
Awesome!
When I looked at the digital booklet before I listened to the record, my mind was blown when I read about Farewell. I feel that's the ultimate tribute to something that means so much to you.
thats really nice to hear :) yea i was happy i could end up doing that. those books are so beautiful. i like knowing that after i die i left behind a little thank you. now as long as i don't get sued.
05:49 PM on 02/15/10
hyliandelaisla
User Info.
Is there a possibility of Jeff doing vocals on a Reign of Kindo song? That would be so awesome.
all things are possible

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version