AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
This Day and Age News - Page 13
Displaying posts 180 - 195 of 267.
05:44 PM on 02/15/10
Lueda Alia
User Info.
Have you guys ever written / recorded a song and then regretted it? If yes, which and why?

The recent drama with Chad Gilbert and Max Bemis made me think about this. I wonder how many bands wish that they could take certain songs back. I'm not implying anything about the drama that's going on, but yeah.
05:44 PM on 02/15/10
hyliandelaisla
User Info.
I have a serious question - what do you guys think about the scene now? It's certainly way different than it used to be when This Day & Age were around. It's almost as if new good bands are hard to come by.

Do you feel like the quality of music has dropped?

:) i think any person that plays any kind of music could write a book on their opinion on this topic. i absolutely think the quality of music has dropped. now its so much more than what you hear. its what you look like, who you're friends with, the label you're on, who your fans are, what movie or show your music is in, alll that stuff. i mean, look at the grammys. it is what it is..i watched a little and whatever, i somewhat understand the entertainment value, and not everyone in the world is a musician...but sometimes it does get to a ridiculous point. i rolled my eyes as far back as i possibly could when they showed lady gaga wearing whatever it was she was wearing. some of the lip syncing was astonishing. again, i'm not hating anything and everybody has an opinion. i just think its hilarious sometimes when people that don't know much about music are making millions of dollars by making music and some people that make beautiful music are ignored. again, it is what it is. i'd never expect everybody to like pat metheny because he is a musical genius. it comes down to taste as well. i have so much more to say but like i said, so does everybody else i'm sure. who am i really.
05:45 PM on 02/15/10
oh_justin
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Jeff how often on tour have you gotten punched in the chest repeatedly
Phllpcbllrs
Phillip Caballeros
User Info.
Draw any inspiration from certain cities?
hyliandelaisla
User Info.
Whats your guys favorite song off of Start Over On Monday?
haha. wallis, looking for answers, sunset, and the secret song.
05:46 PM on 02/15/10
jmartin
User Info.
Have you guys ever written / recorded a song and then regretted it? If yes, which and why?

The recent drama with Chad Gilbert and Max Bemis made me think about this. I wonder how many bands wish that they could take certain songs back. I'm not implying anything about the drama that's going on, but yeah.
i started reading the post about max, but it was way too long.. but, to answer the question, i haven't... no tdaa song or first joke song has been malicious or slandering in anyway and each song meant something to us at the time
05:47 PM on 02/15/10
jmartin
User Info.
Jeff how often on tour have you gotten punched in the chest repeatedly
hahahahaha.. might be the harded steve has EVER laughed.. only in small michigan apartments
05:47 PM on 02/15/10
hyliandelaisla
User Info.
I don't know if you guys are into these two bands but my favorite band is Jimmy Eat World and my brother's is Saves The Day, which is your favorite out of the two?
never got into to either that much except for saves the day's in reverie. i really like that cd.
05:48 PM on 02/15/10
jmartin
User Info.
sometimes on those long drives on tour.. certain landscapes would pull emotions out of me.. but nothing i can remember specifically.
05:49 PM on 02/15/10
hyliandelaisla
User Info.

i've personally never really regretted anything. youhave to remember who you were and what you were thinking when you wrote something. of course, sometimes you cringe at the skill level with which you wrote. but as long as you're better, full speed ahead.
Lueda Alia
User Info.
:) i think any person that plays any kind of music could write a book on their opinion on this topic. i absolutely think the quality of music has dropped. now its so much more than what you hear. its what you look like, who you're friends with, the label you're on, who your fans are, what movie or show your music is in, alll that stuff.

That's what really depresses me. I mean, in a way, bands from this scene have always had a certain image, but that's not what fans liked about them. When I look at newer pop punk / screamo / hardcore bands, it feel as though they rely more on their image.
HoAx007
User Info.
haha. wallis, looking for answers, sunset, and the secret song.
Is there a name to the secret song? I always wondered
05:50 PM on 02/15/10
jmartin
User Info.
That's what really depresses me. I mean, in a way, bands from this scene have always had a certain image, but that's not what fans liked about them. When I look at newer pop punk / screamo / hardcore bands, it feel as though they rely more on their image.
so true, lueda.. music has become so secondary for a lot of these new bands
05:50 PM on 02/15/10
Phllpcbllrs
Phillip Caballeros
User Info.
sometimes on those long drives on tour.. certain landscapes would pull emotions out of me.. but nothing i can remember specifically.
Yeah. In Louisville, if you are wanting to go to any surrounding city, you are going to see some farms and cornfields. Most people here find it boring but I tend to have certain emotions get triggered too.
05:51 PM on 02/15/10
hyliandelaisla
User Info.
tokyo
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News