AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Comments: Page 11
Displaying posts 150 - 165 of 173
05:16 AM on 02/23/10
James RE Hughey
User Info.
haha, didn't read all the postings, but the conversation with placestogo is pretty hilarious.

is everybody going to flame me if i say i really don't see what the big fuss is about butch? for me, it's a little more personal, and, erm, specific than placestogo. i find his voice a little grating. it's very nasally, there's a lot of influence from country, which is my least favorite vocal style. #

also, in terms of being a pop songwriter, i don't find his stuff to be all that poppy. 'the weight of her' is probably the catchiest song i've heard from his solo work. then again, i'm no expert to butch. i'm a sycamore meadows n00b like a lot of people on this forum. just from what i've heard, he's not the best melody writer out there.

i want badly to like him. 'if you're wondering...' is one of my favorite weezer songs ever, and i can definitely hear his influence in that...

edit: p.s., radiohead's 'house of cards'>butch's 'house of cards'. not that it matters or whatever, just sayin'...
I would say when he first came out solo he was very much a pop centered song writer, but now he has become more evolved and to call him a singer songwriter would be very accurate, but to try and label him one of just pop, no to because he has matured to become more.
07:40 AM on 02/23/10
oliviaemmer
It's time to duel!
User Info.
95% holy shit what is this Butch doing Brand New covers?
LOL. This.
09:21 AM on 02/23/10
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
User Info.
haha, didn't read all the postings, but the conversation with placestogo is pretty hilarious.

is everybody going to flame me if i say i really don't see what the big fuss is about butch? for me, it's a little more personal, and, erm, specific than placestogo. i find his voice a little grating. it's very nasally, there's a lot of influence from country, which is my least favorite vocal style. #

also, in terms of being a pop songwriter, i don't find his stuff to be all that poppy. 'the weight of her' is probably the catchiest song i've heard from his solo work. then again, i'm no expert to butch. i'm a sycamore meadows n00b like a lot of people on this forum. just from what i've heard, he's not the best melody writer out there.

i want badly to like him. 'if you're wondering...' is one of my favorite weezer songs ever, and i can definitely hear his influence in that...

edit: p.s., radiohead's 'house of cards'>butch's 'house of cards'. not that it matters or whatever, just sayin'...
Listen to Don't Move. His vocal on that song is phenomenal.

And since you brought up Radiohead, I'll say I've never gotten what the fuss was with them. Thom Yorke's voice bores me to tears most of the time...
11:16 AM on 02/23/10
albatrossflyer
movies never made you famous
User Info.

And since you brought up Radiohead, I'll say I've never gotten what the fuss was with them. Thom Yorke's voice bores me to tears most of the time...
More like brings me to tears. Thom's got a beautiful voice, especially his falsetto.

12:29 PM on 02/23/10
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
User Info.
More like brings me to tears. Thom's got a beautiful voice, especially his falsetto.

I remain unimpressed. Trust me, it's not like I haven't tried to get into Radiohead. I have all of their albums, I've just never enjoyed any of them all the way through.
01:03 PM on 02/23/10
James RE Hughey
User Info.

Don't Move is definitely one of Butch Walker's best tracks. That song shows how he is like Ryan Adams where a simple song can pull your heart strings in the way it is written and performed.
02:59 PM on 02/23/10
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
User Info.
Don't Move is definitely one of Butch Walker's best tracks. That song shows how he is like Ryan Adams where a simple song can pull your heart strings in the way it is written and performed.
Don't Move's bridge is my favorite part of any song from the last ten years. Still gives me chills.
09:41 AM on 02/25/10
gunbuster
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Stripped Down Version is channeling Fleetwood Mac via Rilo Kiley. I love it!
10:44 AM on 02/25/10
S9Dallasoz
Knows the words to 'Bye Bye Bye'
User Info.

Listen to his 1st 2 solo records, then come back.
12:31 PM on 02/26/10
kco24lp
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Well written!
12:07 PM on 02/27/10
Matthew Tsai
Born and raised
User Info.
Butch is superior to Adams in every way possible.
Please, don't embarrass yourself.
02:12 PM on 02/27/10
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
User Info.
Please, don't embarrass yourself.
The funny part is I love Adams too, and I still think that's true.
01:04 AM on 02/28/10
AsfAstAswegofar
User Info.
This album is awesome. Butch is awesome. Adams is awesome. Can't we all just get along.

DMX lyric:
I got blood on my dick cause i fucked a corpse.

Talented talented man BARK BARK!
12:35 AM on 03/02/10
pleasedontpanic
I believe. Help my unbelief.
User Info.
Great album, but not a 95%.
04:54 AM on 03/10/10
overdrive91
set if off and let it burn
User Info.
Great great album. Specially love she likes hairbands and temporary title.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos