Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 36
11:48 AM on 02/17/10
Phil507
Cynical and sarcastic dick
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Beautiful Midnight remains one of my favorite albums of all time. I love how dark all the subject matter is:

Load Me Up/Jenni's Song : alcoholism
Going All The Way: teen suicide
Let's Get It On/A Boy In His Machine Gun: mental illness

etc.

I'm a fan of the man's whole catalog and I'm psyched that people are into him on this site.
11:56 AM on 02/17/10
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
Didn't he kick everyone out of the band and is still touring and recording?

Either way, the man knows rock/pop songwriting and penned some incredible tunes back in the day.

Yes, he has a solo career and I mentioned that in the first sentence of my blurb. EDIT: But with that awesome comment below about Big Shiny Tunes, I think you have to have watched MuchMusic 10 years ago to understand the real nostalgia factor. The Matthew Good Band era of his career is not the same, nor is it as commercially successful with the demise of MuchMusic. I hear old MGB songs on the radio more frequently than I hear his solo stuff too.
11:58 AM on 02/17/10
providence36
generator ^ first floor
User Info.
Love everything this guy does. Beautiful Midnight is by far one of my favorite albums of all time, and Hospital Music comes in at a close second. He's got a great collection of songs that showcase his talent
12:09 PM on 02/17/10
thechetearly
thechetearly
User Info.
This dude is SOOOO fantastic.

LOVE LOVE LOOOOOOOVE his solo record. I'm glad he was mentioned on this site, I feel like he is WAY under recognized for his talent.
12:17 PM on 02/17/10
Nourez
Here's to the Crazy Ones
User Info.
Matt Good is amazing. The Audio of Being is a stellar album and my personal favourite MGB album, although out of all of his work I have to say I like Hospital Music the best. Hospital Music is honestly one of the most haunting records I have ever heard, dealing with his depression and attempted suicide... great album.
Agreed, Hospital Music is fantastic, but at the same time I find it hard to listen to fully, end to end.
12:19 PM on 02/17/10
anamericangod
User Info.
Hospital Music is an incredible album.
12:25 PM on 02/17/10
ugman_2000
May your music break my ear drums
User Info.
Never heard of this band or his solo efforts before this, I'm diggin the videos posted so I'm definitley gonna be checking out some of the mentioned albums
12:49 PM on 02/17/10
SuNDaYSTaR
[Pull The Trigger]
User Info.
Any Canadians out here remember the early Big Shiny Tunes? Good stuff.
01:12 PM on 02/17/10
DandonTRJ
~~~ヾ(^∇^
User Info.
01:47 PM on 02/17/10
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.

Yes! I have a copy of the third one somewhere.
02:31 PM on 02/17/10
maffy
User Info.
i love matt good solo, as well as him and the band back in the day. forever is, and forever will be one of my favourite artists, and definitely a favourite canadian. from ghetto astronauts, to avalanche, right up to vancouver, and everything in between - outstanding.
03:12 PM on 02/17/10
goodarmcindy
I've hated airports ever since...
User Info.
Audio of Being is probably my favourite (MGB) album, put it on shuffle and if you hit the trifecta of Man of Action, Carmelina and Anti-pop you know you are going to have a fantastic day.

That being said he probably hasn't released a bad album, Vancouver was seemingly criminally under-rated and under-exposed on release and all of his solo stuff has been consistently good. I see a lot of love for Hospital Music, and rightly so, but Avalanche probably wins out as his best.
05:35 PM on 02/17/10
TJR
We Want the Airwaves Back!
User Info.
Thanks for posting this. One of the most underrated acts and artist of our generation. If you haven't heard his newest record 'Vancouver' yet, do yourself a favor.
07:05 PM on 02/17/10
happygilmoreat
User Info.
Yes! I have the second one in my room, no Matt Good, but Paranoid Android and other good songs are on there
07:33 PM on 02/17/10
gr33ndayfr3ak
www.nickferran.com
User Info.
I'm listening to these songs for the first time, and I could totally hear these songs being played on the radio and everyone thinking they were just released. It's crazy these were recorded 10 years ago.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos