AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Release Date News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

A Loss For Words Motown Covers Album

Posted by - 03:46 PM on 02/26/10
A Loss For Words will release a Motown covers album on May 11th via Paper + Plastick Records. Press release in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 91
03:47 PM on 02/26/10
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
Press ReleaseBoston’s pop-punk quintet A LOSS FOR WORDS have announced their Paper + Plastick Records debut will be an as-yet-untitled Motown covers album on May 11th. In the label's typical fashion, the album will be available digitally through the Paper + Plastick webstore, and physically on vinyl and CD.

“Our band listens to anything from American Nightmare to Coldplay to New Found Glory, and everything in between,” says vocalist Matty Arsenault. “I grew up listening to R&B and have always wanted to do something like this! We just felt it was the perfect time to try something new and have some fun with it. We’re very excited for everyone to hear us spice up some classic R&B hits!”

A Loss For Words recorded the 10-song cover album with Chris Curran at Webster Lake Studios in Boston, and reworked classic R&B and Motown songs from the Jackson 5, Four Tops, Marvin Gaye and more. A full tracklisting will be revealed shortly. As a teaser for the upcoming album, the band has been performing select covers on the road, including their acoustic take on The Temptations’ “My Girl,” which can be seen here: http://tinyurl.com/loss-words. The album version is a pop-punk gem and features additional vocals from Jordan Brown of Set Your Goals, while fellow Boston-ites Dan O’Connor and Alan Day of Four Year Strong make a vocal appearance on the Jackson 5 track.

This album marks the band’s first release with the assistance of a US label, having self-released three EPs and their 2009 full-length debut The Kids Can’t Lose (which is available in Japan via In-N-Out Records). Recognized as one of the hardest working bands in the scene from band members and peers in Bayside, Set Your Goals, Four Year Strong, and Valencia, the band has spent the better part of 2009 on the road supporting the album. A Loss For Words have played alongside scene heavyweights such as New Found Glory, Fall Out Boy, Saves The Day, Cartel, Hit The Lights, and are on the cusp of heading overseas to tour the UK and head as far east as Russia.
03:48 PM on 02/26/10
raptorz44
One Who Gets Away/NJ Success Story
User Info.
Thats....interesting
03:50 PM on 02/26/10
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
This will be cool. Their Boyz II Men cover was good.
03:56 PM on 02/26/10
cory-182
User Info.
Hmm. Interesting.

It makes sense now as to why they covered My Girl. I thought it was odd at the time.
03:59 PM on 02/26/10
hiya
User Info.
wait does this mean they signed to paper+plastick, or are they just helping them release this? either way sounds awesome, band is great.
04:02 PM on 02/26/10
MikeAL4W
User Info.
Hey guys, we're fucking stoked at how all the songs came out, and we think everyone will enjoy it! I can't wait until we can show everyone! We'll post clips and vidz in the near future. Thanks guys!
04:02 PM on 02/26/10
3GunGaz
Claret and Blue
User Info.
This could be really good. Can't wait to hear it.

They are a great band.
04:09 PM on 02/26/10
prefix-core
Andy Adores Alliteration
User Info.
I want a new Me First & the Gimme Gimmes album. Stat.
04:09 PM on 02/26/10
tyramail
wake up i'm calling you
User Info.
ha, this should be awesome.
04:13 PM on 02/26/10
TwelveTribes230
<>
User Info.
interesting..cannot wait to hear with what it sounds like!
04:15 PM on 02/26/10
paperthin.
User Info.
yes please! :)
04:20 PM on 02/26/10
MATTY-AL4W
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Very excited for this release! Also stoked on coming to the u.k. And russia next week! Thanks to paper & plastic and everyone else for supporting us! Means the world to us!
04:21 PM on 02/26/10
Jake Denning
User Info.
Hey guys, we're fucking stoked at how all the songs came out, and we think everyone will enjoy it! I can't wait until we can show everyone! We'll post clips and vidz in the near future. Thanks guys!
PM me if you ever need someone to work merch for a tour or so.
04:21 PM on 02/26/10
ALEXMASONRULES
User Info.
Fuckin awesome

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News