Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 1 posts
02:39 AM on 03/23/10
fadedmemories
You'd be good for me
User Info.
I do not get what everyone seems to find so special about this band. There's nothing to separate them from the current crop of pop punk bands that you look down on in your first paragraph:

Quote:
You Me At Six are known for a few things; to the people who love them they're the standout band of the newest and, let's be honest, most lackluster generation of pop punk yet, to those who hate them they're just another one of those lackluster bands. One thing that cannot be denied about You Me At Six is this; their songs are almost as catchy as herpes

In fact that very same paragraph can even be used to describe all of the pop punk acts that are hailed as the "savior of pop punk" or the "band that does pop punk the way it should be done"

Example:

Quote:
Set Your Goals are known for a few things; to the people who love them they're the standout band of the newest and, let's be honest, most lackluster generation of pop punk yet, to those who hate them they're just another one of those lackluster bands. One thing that cannot be denied about SYG is this; their songs are almost as catchy as herpes

Quote:
Sparks the Rescue are known for a few things; to the people who love them they're the standout band of the newest and, let's be honest, most lackluster generation of pop punk yet, to those who hate them they're just another one of those lackluster bands. One thing that cannot be denied about Sparks the Rescue is this; their songs are almost as catchy as herpes

Quote:
Valencia are known for a few things; to the people who love them they're the standout band of the newest and, let's be honest, most lackluster generation of pop punk yet, to those who hate them they're just another one of those lackluster bands. One thing that cannot be denied about Valencia is this; their songs are almost as catchy as herpes

Other than that, the rest of the review was written quite well but the vocals' score is too high

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos