AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Review
Hint: Follow a reviewer to be notified when they post reviews.
Blind Witness - Nightmare On Providence St. Album Cover
Author's Rating
Vocals 8.5
Musicianship 9
Lyrics 6.75
Production 8.5
Creativity 8.25
Lasting Value 8.75
Reviewer Tilt 8.75
Final Verdict: 84%
Member Ratings
Vocals 8.75
Musicianship 9
Lyrics 6.5
Production 8.5
Creativity 8
Lasting Value 9
Reviewer Tilt 9.5
Average: 85%

Blind Witness - Nightmare On Providence St.

Reviewed by: runningfree1 (03/01/10)
Blind Witness- Nightmare On Providence St.
Mediaskare Records
Release Date: 3/9/2010

Hailing from Montreal, Blind Witness is the best thing to come out of Canada since Canadian Bacon… Okay got that out of the way. But from the Metalcore genre, I believe that this band is truly the best I’ve heard that have come from our neighbors to the north. This being their second release, I got a chance to preview the album before it hit the streets. Lucky me! It was a experience to listen to this album.

Most of the time I try stray away form saying this in my reviews because it sounds so dumb and cliché. But I really can’t help myself though: this band has truly perfected the art of the breakdown. I’ve never heard more crushing breakdowns in my life. The great thing about these breakdowns is none of them really sound the same. At all. Which in my books is a great task to complete. Some albums seem to run together when all it is the same boring sounding breakdown. But this album is different than those. Songs like “Baby One More Notch”, “All Alone”, and “Since the Beginning” showcase these breakdowns in their full beauty.

Creativity wise, this album is spot on. Which can be said about most metal core. Blind Witness brings something new to the table creativity wise. The screaming in this record is remarkable. Very wide vocal range. The lows of the screaming are my favorite personally. The guitars and drums never have a dull moment during this album either. This is a very fast paced album with crushing musical talent.

The title track “Nightmare On Providence Street”, seems to be the most technical track on the album, this track is near flawless. Defiantly give this one a listen. One of the only tracks on the album that I didn’t enjoy was track 11. Which dragged on for about 6 minuets of boringness. Other than that, this album keeps you listening from track 1 to 10. Maybe just erase the last track.

Metal core is one of the most hated gerne’s of metal. I believe that Blind Witness can prove that wrong to a lot of different metal fans. Hope that makes sense. Pick up this album when it drops next month (April 9th). Be prepared to bang your head.

For Fans Of: August Burns Red, All Shall Perish, Unearth.
Tracklisting:
1. Prologue
2. All Alone
3. Nightmare On Providence Street
4. Since the Beginning
5. These Countless Sleepless Nights
6. 10 Minutes of Clinical Death
7. Baby One More Notch
8. Have You Ever Been Lucky?
9. Lovely Flesh
10. For Life
11. The New Year

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 17
07:42 PM on 03/01/10
ActOfPeace
User Info.
Nice review..Cant wait to hear this....BTW this is their second release...

http://catalog.ebay.com/Silences-Wor...3286.c0.m50 4
09:14 PM on 03/01/10
runningfree1
User Info.
Nice review..Cant wait to hear this....BTW this is their second release...

http://catalog.ebay.com/Silences-Wor...3286.c0.m50 4
wasn't aware of that! thanks man!
09:17 PM on 03/01/10
Color Morale
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
will def buy this
just found out abt these guys yesterday
07:28 AM on 03/02/10
JayTmusic
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I simply do not understand how this review got approved.
There is so many mistakes and typos in this, I thought my eyes were going to start bleeding before I was done reading.

It is amazing that you are supporting Blind Witness and that you are stoked on their upcoming album, I am from Canada and having listened to it as well I have to say that I agree with most things you've said (or more accuratly tried to say).

Just a little tip for your next review, please proof read your text and make sure all your information is accurate before submitting it.
06:27 PM on 03/02/10
more heart
Get Hurt
User Info.
No offense, but I didn't like the review at all. It seems that you took on the role of hyping the record and in such an informal way. I realize this isn't the most professional setting, but a little more if it your review would've gone a long way. Like the poster above me said, there were far too many typos in your review. I suggest proofreading in order to prevent this in the future.

And for the most part, if the track listing is included in the review, it's not the very first thing. Normally it's saved for the end or it's not included at all.
10:08 PM on 03/02/10
andrewa5
www.facebook.com/oftemples
User Info.
i fucking love these dudes!
10:52 PM on 03/02/10
runningfree1
User Info.
I suck. I realize that. :]
Oh well!
I enjoyed this album!
Buy it when it comes out!

No offense, but I didn't like the review at all. It seems that you took on the role of hyping the record and in such an informal way. I realize this isn't the most professional setting, but a little more if it your review would've gone a long way.
Not hyping the record.
Just writing an honest review over a great new album.
If you don't like it, I really don't care I guess?
Thanks for reading and thanks for the advice.
02:49 PM on 03/03/10
more heart
Get Hurt
User Info.
Not hyping the record.
Just writing an honest review over a great new album.
If you don't like it, I really don't care I guess?
Thanks for reading and thanks for the advice.
I was just offering constructive criticism. I'm not disagreeing with you, it's just that it seemed to me that the first paragraph of your review was a little informal. If you can't handle criticism geared to helping you be a better writer, stop writing reviews. Simple as that.
08:03 PM on 03/03/10
runningfree1
User Info.
I was just offering constructive criticism. I'm not disagreeing with you, it's just that it seemed to me that the first paragraph of your review was a little informal. If you can't handle criticism geared to helping you be a better writer, stop writing reviews. Simple as that.
Wasn't getting mad man. If you saw the thanks for reading and thanks for advice.

Haha.
09:36 PM on 03/03/10
iamgod
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
i have had this album for like 6 months now, its good stuff.
07:35 PM on 03/04/10
runningfree1
User Info.
i have had this album for like 6 months now, its good stuff.
isn't it? i love it!
08:11 AM on 03/05/10
brandon_260
Ah, yes.
User Info.
Great band, but that was terribly written
05:55 PM on 03/05/10
flks511
You can't be my friend
User Info.
I haven't heard this band, so I don't know if I agree with your opinion, but nevertheless, you're an awful writer.
02:51 PM on 03/06/10
runningfree1
User Info.
Haha. Not my best review.
Options
More From This Author

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles