AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Epitaph Records News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Settle, Victory in Numbers, Floral Terrace to Tour

Posted by - 04:59 AM on 03/02/10
Settle will be heading out on a full US tour in April and May with Victory in Numbers and Floral Terrace. Dates will be announced soon.

Displaying posts 1 - 14 of 14
06:23 AM on 03/02/10
bankrom
breakin' up.
User Info.
settle's record was one of the hidden gems of last year.
07:44 AM on 03/02/10
Kbuff
User Info.
Is Floral Terrace's name making fun of Evergreen Terrace?
08:01 AM on 03/02/10
hiya
User Info.
Settle is easily the most underrated band on Epitaph, their album is soo good. and awesome for Floral Terrace, hopefully they'll get signed this year.
10:26 AM on 03/02/10
PopPunkKid
extremely old username
User Info.
Go V.I.N.
10:32 AM on 03/02/10
andthetruthwill
You keep company with wolves.
User Info.
Floral Terrace is unprofessional. The last tour they did with The Upwelling, they were just "deciding" not to show up for certain dates because they didn't feel like it. The venue runner and the kids who were there for the show were not impressed by their nonsense. I wonder if that behavior will continue on this tour.
11:15 AM on 03/02/10
TerrancePryor
twitter.com/terrancepryor
User Info.
Is Floral Terrace's name making fun of Evergreen Terrace?
Floral Terrace is a street in Paramus. That's where they got the name from.
03:28 PM on 03/02/10
PawelPotapowicz
www.myspace.com/thelifeilead
User Info.
Floral Terrace is unprofessional. The last tour they did with The Upwelling, they were just "deciding" not to show up for certain dates because they didn't feel like it. The venue runner and the kids who were there for the show were not impressed by their nonsense. I wonder if that behavior will continue on this tour.
Agreed! I played a show where they were supposed to show up and just decided to never come. Really just ruining a reputation for themselves.
10:02 PM on 03/02/10
andthetruthwill
User Info.
okay you have absolutely NO IDEA what you are talking about, I am Adam Fox the tour manager for Floral Terrace, and we didnt show up to the first half of those shows on The Upwelling tour because we had trouble with our van/ trailer and our merch coming late. So before you go and bash on FT for not showing up to your date because we had van/trailer trouble get your facts straight.
Those are completely the facts I was told and witness to. In January, on the 24th I believe, Floral Terrace was supposed to play at Deering Grange in Maine. They did not bother to show, nor cancel, nor give any notice whatsoever to the venue, the person who booked the show, or the kids who came out to attend that show. There was no notification via the internet, on myspace, nothing. In fact, the date was still up on their myspace the day after. What I said in the previous post came straight from the person who booked that band and ran that show. He was disappointed that Floral Terrance "decided" not to show up. He wasn't told or contacted by Floral Terrace. He was told this by the guys in The Upwelling. And it was said that the Maine date was not the only date this stunt was pulled on. And as you can see, someone else had the exact same experience as me. My friend even commented the Floral Terrace myspace expressing her disappointment that very night that the band bailed, and she didn't even receive a reply. And she was at that show because she had made out with the Floral Terrace drummer five years ago and was excited to see him again, and had spoken to him some time prior to that show, so she wasn't a random nobody on myspace. The band messed up. That's the fact.
11:58 PM on 03/02/10
andthetruthwill
User Info.
did you even read my post? you are ignorant and stupid, we had van and trailer problems so how did you expect us to get there? and why o you come into AP.net an talk smack like you are actually someone? come to me when you have some sort of reputation
I think whoever you are, you are just backpedaling now because the band got called out. I'm going to believe someone who actually puts on shows weekly and that I respect to not lie to me. I was there, you weren't. There was no mention about van or merch problems from him, the Upwelling, or from Floral Terrace at the time of, leading up to, or after that show. A "professional" band, if what you say is true, would have handled their business and contacted the venue and booker and promoter and would have provided explanation of why they weren't or couldn't be there. That, in no way, happened. I am not talking "smack." I am relaying what I experienced and what I was told from the person who booked that show and who was given no notice of the band not being there that night, and instead heard about it from the other band that Floral Terrace wasn't coming and that they had been doing this on other dates, just picking and choosing when to show up or not.
12:03 AM on 03/03/10
andthetruthwill
User Info.
we didnt pick and choose when to show up thats what you dont get, okay we didnt tell the venue that we werent showing up, but did the upwelling? why yes they did so just get over it and quit being a baby about it
The band was unprofessional in their dealings on that tour. And whoever you are obviously leans against the same tree.
03:53 AM on 03/03/10
flo teezy
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

Floral terrace

to floteezy, bcc: Space, bcc: Subrosaparty, bcc: 242, bcc: jake
show details ***Jan 23

Floral Terrace is not able to make our scheduled performance @ your club.
Our vans transmission is overheating at random and were positive its going to shit the bed if we dont fix it
we are super sorry about this !!!
FT

--
floral terrace
AIM: Flo Teezy
floralterrace@gmail.com

response was
Jacob at NEBooking

to Floral
show details Jan 25

You owe it to the kids. There were a lot of upset people at the show last
night.

-js

normally we dont come on here and acknowledge these sorts of shenanigans
10:51 AM on 03/03/10
andthetruthwill
User Info.

Floral terrace

to floteezy, bcc: Space, bcc: Subrosaparty, bcc: 242, bcc: jake
show details ***Jan 23

Floral Terrace is not able to make our scheduled performance @ your club.
Our vans transmission is overheating at random and were positive its going to shit the bed if we dont fix it
we are super sorry about this !!!
FT

--
floral terrace
AIM: Flo Teezy
floralterrace@gmail.com

response was
Jacob at NEBooking

to Floral
show details Jan 25

You owe it to the kids. There were a lot of upset people at the show last
night.

-js

normally we dont come on here and acknowledge these sorts of shenanigans
Nice that you present that after Killedxatxnight turned to private messaging me, with other excuses and this was the last one that came up. Still shows my point. Neither the venue or the kids were aware that Floral Terrace would not be there until after the show date. This should have been announced prior to the show, via whatever way possible. The dates should have been taken down from myspace. At the time of show, neither the kids nor the venue knew where Floral Terrace were or why they weren't there, aside from what was said in the venue about them at the time of the show.
12:42 AM on 03/04/10
andthetruthwill
User Info.
Dude you are seriously ignorant
the email was sent on the 23rd and the show was on the 24th they replied on the 25th so how is it OUR fault that they don't read their email?
With your swearing and name calling, you even further demonstrated what I initially said in regards to the unprofessional aspects of this band's actions. I'm happy you refined a story to stick to now. I'm not going to go into detail about how you previously said you didn't tell the venue and your story kept shifting to where it is now. But I do believe a screen capture of the original email is in order. And, once again as I said before, I hope the band and it's speaker persons learn from experience, take some responsibility, and better handle their affairs in the future. Best of luck to them.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos