MA
Male - 23 Years Old
excited to say the least
09:37 AM on 03/05/10 
User Info.
ThisIsNotDan
MA
Male - 23 Years Old
never woulda pegged you as a MtB fan, Stephen. but yes my favorites would have to be

Drilling
Pachuca Sunrise
Monkey!!! Knife!!!! Fight!!!
Dr. L'Ling
Just Kickin It...
Absinthe Party
Burying Luck
09:36 PM on 03/25/10 
User Info.
ThisIsNotDan
MA
Male - 23 Years Old
I feel like Planet of Ice had some good jams. "Burying Luck" "Knights" "Dr. L'Ling" "Throwing Shapes" to name a few IMO
07:54 AM on 03/26/10 
User Info.
ThisIsNotDan
MA
Male - 23 Years Old
Throwing Shapes might be the worst song they've ever written.

And didn't they play that live on Jimmy Kimmel? Talk about a terrible career move.

yes performing a song on a nationally broadcasted late night talk show sounds like a terrible career move.
03:48 PM on 03/26/10 
User Info.
ThisIsNotDan
MA
Male - 23 Years Old
I agree with you but I wish they'd played "Knights" or another better song.

well I think "Throwin Shapes" was their single at the time, but I agree, I'd rather have heard "Knights"
06:55 PM on 04/21/10 
User Info.
ThisIsNotDan
MA
Male - 23 Years Old
do "Into The Mirror" and "Broken China" sound any different than they did on the digital single
08:49 PM on 05/05/10 
User Info.
ThisIsNotDan
MA
Male - 23 Years Old
Especially since none of those two camps have any sort of definitive set of bands whatsoever. People lump bands that you've expressed disdain for into "ap.net bands" and people who hate on p4k ignore the fact that they love a lot of bands who get some serious love around these parts too.

agreed. people who shit on supposed pitchfork/ap while riding the nuts of the other tend to ignore that they cover many of the same bands, and many users here listen to artists from both camps

The only thing I like about Pitchfork (I mean, over AP) - is that they're not afraid to give out low scores. Look at a lot of the staff (and indeed user) reviews on here and like 90-95% of them are a 6/10 or above. Which gives a very small scale to work on, and doesn't set albums that are really good apart from albums that are just average.

I feel more inclined to read a review if a score is extremely high or extremely low. not that I don't enjoy reviews more in the middle, but maybe it's the "car crash" factor to reading low-score reviews. If I'm browsing reviews here I always click on the ones that are really bad

If I get a grade on a test less than an 80%, I consider that to be a poor test. Same with reviews, If I see an album with a score of 7.9 or below, I'd consider it to be a poor score. So for me, I find pitchforks scores to be much too low most of the time, so I don't really rely on what they say at all. AP.net, on the other hand, gives out scores 8 and above all the time, so I'm more inclined to listen to what reviewers here have to say. But that's just me.

I hardly consider a 7.9 a poor score whatsoever when it comes to a review score
01:41 PM on 10/28/10 
User Info.
ThisIsNotDan
MA
Male - 23 Years Old
really need to get this. I like their new direction, personally
03:57 PM on 12/28/10 
User Info.
ThisIsNotDan
MA
Male - 23 Years Old