Username
Password
Fuse News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Fuse
Inside AP.net

Fuse Rock Monster March

Posted by: Garett Press (03/04/10)
Fuse will be covering the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductions this month in what they are deeming, "Rock Monster March". A list of the history-of-rock themed shows they will be airing is in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 27.
02:47 PM on 03/04/10
Garett Press
User Info.

Fuse is set to be the rock music mecca during the month of March with an extensive lineup of classic rock programming. “Rock Monster March” will feature concert footage from former Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees, a 10-part documentary series spanning the history of rock music, and the live airing of the 2010 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony.

Throughout the month, Fuse will feature concerts from music megastars Bob Marley, David Bowie and 2010 Rock Hall inductees Genesis, in addition to the comprehensive documentary series “The History of Rock ‘N’ Roll.” A chronological look at rock landmarks starting in the 1950’s, “The History of Rock ‘N” Roll” includes movements such as the British Invasion, Elvis on The Ed Sullivan Show, punk, grunge, metal and much more.

For the second year in a row, Fuse is the exclusive television partner of the prestigious Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony, bringing viewers front and center for the biggest and most celebrated night in rock. The 2010 ceremony will welcome five new artists into the Hall of Fame including ABBA, Genesis, Jimmy Cliff, The Stooges and The Hollies. The show will air live on Monday, March 15 at 8:30pm ET from New York City’s historic Waldorf Astoria and include performances from rock legends and speeches from music icons, all in celebration of the history of rock and roll.

The History of Rock 'N' Roll

Episodes 1-5 premiere March 2nd from 8pm- 1am ET

The History of Rock 'N' Roll traces rock from its humble beginnings in the '50s to Lollapalooza in the '90s, revisiting defining moments in the movement. The 10-part documentary series is a chronological look at landmarks in rock including the British Invasion, Elvis Presley's first appearance on The Ed Sullivan Show, Motown, Woodstock, metal, punk, grunge, and everything in between.

Major highlights are the soul years, the Elvis breakthrough, the British invasion, Woodstock years, the new wave, punk, the beginning of MTV, and rap and hip hop. Elvis shook his hips, parents winced, and kids went wild. Ten years later, it happened all over again as the Beatles took the stage. And now music has come full circle as hip hop is controversial and on the rise. This “Rockumentary” is an entertaining, informative, and inspirational history of rock ‘n’ roll.

Episode I -- "Rock 'n' Roll Explodes"

This episode explains Rock’s beginning. It came out of nowhere as a sound the music business called “rhythm and blues” (pop music made by black artists, and marketed for black audiences). White artists then began to copy what they heard and in the 1950’s records began to slowly “cross over” and got airplay on white stations.

Episode 2 -- "Good Rockin' Tonight"

This episode documents Rock’s transformation from an unknown and unacceptable form of music, to the most popular, yet still unaccepted kind of pop music. Elvis Presley gave the new music sex appeal in 1956, but the anarchy of this new style of music alarmed parents, spurred congressional hearings, and led some churches to hold “Rock Record Burnings” (a church gathering to burn rock records). In 1959 however, an airplane crash carried Buddy Holly, Richie Valens, and the Big Bopper to their death, casting the first big shadow over the timeless youth of Rock and Roll.

Episode 3 -- "Britain Invades, America Fights Back"

Episode 3 highlights the death of President Kennedy, and the sadness that struck all Americans during that time. In January of 1964 however, four British young men made their first American appearance on the “Ed Sullivan Show” and the British invasion took America by storm. At the same time, the west coast saw the rise of the beloved Beach Boys, and the east coast responded with the poppy sounds of the Supremes and the Temptations. All these things made one thing clear, “rock ‘n’ roll was here to stay.”

Episode 4 -- "Plugging In"

Episode 4 documents the maturing years of rock ‘n’ roll. Bob Dylan was Americas chosen lyrical genius, and bands all around had a new moral seriousness. The artistic stakes were raised and songs started to take on deeper and more important meaning. As the bloody and controversial Vietnam War raged on, rock ‘n’ roll grew up, and found its mature cultural voice.

Episode 5 -- "The Sounds of Soul"

This episode is specifically about the evolution of rock ‘n’ roll in the American south. Just as the Beatles were taking rock ‘n’ roll to a new level of global importance, a host of passionate black voices rose in song, often with the help of white musicians. They called this music “soul” and its popularity grew alongside the civil rights movement and Dr. King. This indicated a golden moment of hope and tolerance in post WWII American history.
02:52 PM on 03/04/10
Aperi Oculos
find me a place to begin
User Info.
Fuse has gone downhill since the departure of Steven
02:53 PM on 03/04/10
demondays524
welcometonormal.tumblr.co m
User Info.
Fuse has gone downhill since the departure of Steven
Fuse was going downhill WAY before that. I actually tried to watch it recently, but I just couldn't.
02:54 PM on 03/04/10
truth or dare
don't just stare at it, eat it
User Info.
nothing that interests me. something about the 90s/grunge era would though
02:59 PM on 03/04/10
Aperi Oculos
find me a place to begin
User Info.
Fuse was going downhill WAY before that. I actually tried to watch it recently, but I just couldn't.
Yeah that is true. But when Steven's Untitled Rock Show ended it really ended Fuse for me. Everyone I knew used to watch Fuse but now most people I know haven't even bothered to look up what channel Fuse is on in our new channel format for Time Warner since SURS has been taken off.
03:01 PM on 03/04/10
magicmike_1234
abraca-fucking-dabra
User Info.
fuck fuse
03:12 PM on 03/04/10
onetwentyseven
Settler / Jimmy
User Info.
I think the only big thing Fuse has going for it now is that it's still primarily a station dedicated to music. I don't watch it often, but I've rarely seen anything non-music related (aka mtv material) on that channel.
03:21 PM on 03/04/10
muttley
Drop all your things and go outside
User Info.
I forgot Fuse existed.
03:46 PM on 03/04/10
drawndead
Bllllratttt
User Info.
yeah i didn't realize they were still on
04:05 PM on 03/04/10
Raarzipan
Registered Member
User Info.
Fuse was so good, I don't bother with it now because all that is ever on it is Rap
04:19 PM on 03/04/10
joppyxtsl
hun?
User Info.
Fuse still exists?
04:20 PM on 03/04/10
atticus18244fss
reddit.com/r/blink182
User Info.
Fuse used to be good. True story.
04:27 PM on 03/04/10
Hay
Workin on my night cheese
User Info.
Every time i pass fuse i want to write them a letter on how bad they suck now
04:47 PM on 03/04/10
jco3
Oh, hello there, internet.
User Info.
Every time i pass fuse i want to write them a letter on how bad they suck now
This. They had a solid thing going for them... But, yeah. Now, not so much.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS