AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Interview: Valet Parking - 03.04.10

Valet Parking - 03.04.10

Interviewed by
Valet Parking - 03.04.10The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:

This interview was answered by Matt Lagattuta, (vox, guitar) of Valet Parking

1. How did you get your band name?
I started the band with some friends right before our freshman year in high school and we were thinking of names. Someone said "Valet Parking" and everyone liked it, but me. It was a two to one vote and I was shit out of luck. Fast forward to present day and the guys that voted for the name are no longer in the band and were kind of stuck with the name.

2. How did this band get started?
Just three kids who wanted to play music together for fun.

3. What bands are you influenced by?
Although we really don't sound anything like them, my favorite band of all time is The Lawrence Arms. I'm also really into The Ataris, Brand New, Third Eye Blind. But everyone in the band is into a lot of different music, everything from Every Time I Die, to Jason Mraz, to Manchester Orchestra, to Blink-182. 

4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would it be and why?
Blink-182, New Found Glory, or Jimmy Eat World would be the biggest dream come true. Those bands had a huge impact on me growing up.

5. If you were a furry, what animal would you be? Why that animal?
I would be a cougar. I would love nothing more than to be a hot middle aged woman seeking a young male companion.

6. Why should people listen to your band?
People should give Valet Parking a chance because we're a pop-punk band that tries to be a little different, especially with the newer songs were writing now. We have two lead singers to try to keep things more interesting. We also try to play more than just power chords and we write lyrics about real things going on in our lives. We don't use rhymezone.com to throw together a song that has a super catchy chorus and the rest won't really matter. 

7. If you were chosen to be in Guitar Hero/Rock Band, what song would you want in the game? How hard do you think it would be to five-star on expert?
I would pick our song "The Greatest Story Never Told". It's got some cool rhymes and uses some weird chords throughout the song. I don't think it would be too hard, but not too easy, somewhere in the middle.

8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
I would thank @Jesus_M_Christ on twitter for tweeting the most ridiculous, insulting, and hilarious things.

9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
How image comes first and music comes second. There are all these "bands" where the members all look the same, and use live auto-tune and sample their guitar leads for their live show. It's sad, it really is.

10. Memorable tour experience?
We were bro'ed out of Conneticut. We were in Taco Bell promoting our band to these girls, and their drunken boyfriends with tape ups and Affliction shirts came in and were giving us an attitude; I guess because we were hanging out and sold a cd to their girlfriends. So we got the hint and began to leave, they followed us out and kicked and punched our van and trailor as we drove away. But we decided to be that guy and yell offensive things and make fun of their "bro-ness" as we drive away. They actially tried to chase us down on foot as we were getting onto Highway 95. Hilarious.

11. What does AP.net mean to you?
Ap.net is a place where i get all my news on bands that I love and hate. When were on tour and there's a couple days when we have no internet, I always go way back into the news to see what I've missed haha. 

12. What is your favorite song to play?
Right now my favorite song to play is our new song. It doesn't have a name yet, but we call it "Poppy". It's a really cool song, it starts off like a pop song and half way through it turns into this straight up pop-punk song that's really fun to play.

13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
The van being on tour. We love playing shows and touring, nothing is more disappointing than coming home.

14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Blink-182's Enema of the State. That was the first cd I ever bought.

15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
Being able to stop time would be bad ass. I'm not very good with being on time so this would really come in handy. I remember when I was way younger there was a movie about this or something, I don't know I remember it being awesome.

16. Do you feel that your band has "made it"?
No way, we still have a lot of accomplish, were just getting started.

17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
Nick and I have an obsession with pokemon for the gameboy color. Nick plays them all, but I only stick to the old school Red and Blue version. Don't judge.

18. What's your favorite holiday?
I'm pretty sure I can speak for everyone in the band when I say Christmas. Our drummer Cj everynight on our winter tour, even in mid January, would tell everyone in the crowd Merry Christmas and he hopes they got what they wanted from Santa. 

19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
I really enjoy eating food. A good ol' 89 cent burrito from taco bell really goes a long way. Or a "gotta have it" size cake batter ice cream with cookie dough mashed into it from cold stone. It's great, really.

20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
I'm actually training to be a professional curler. It's probably one of the most invigorating sports out there today.

No one has commented on this interview.
You can be the first.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests