AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Review
Hint: Follow a reviewer to be notified when they post reviews.
Deadlights - The Noisy Shore Album Cover
Author's Rating
Vocals 7.5
Musicianship 9
Lyrics 9
Production 8.5
Creativity 8.25
Lasting Value 8.5
Reviewer Tilt 9
Final Verdict: 85%
Member Ratings
No one has rated this album. You can be the first.

Deadlights - The Noisy Shore

Reviewed by: Schmidty Says (03/07/10)
Deadlights - The Noisy Shore
Record Label: Audubon Records
Release Date: 2008

Who?

Deadlights: a four-piece punk outfit from New Haven, Connecticut. These guys play aggressive punk that is in your face and doesn't let up until it's over.

How is it?

Short, fast, and loud. Clocking in at just under 17 minutes, you never have a chance to catch your breath. The Noisy Shore opens with the title track and blasts it's way through to second track, " Tag 'Em and Bag 'Em." The first of a couple stand out tracks, "Tag 'Em and Bag 'Em" attacks the ears, with brilliant musicianship and lyrics telling the story of a disloyal someone: "But I've watched those eyes glow/all locked up in your home/and I/dont wanna say goodbye/I'd rather say goodnight/But you don't even try." The next track, " It's Always Garbage Night Somewhere," sounds like it could be a b-side from Lifetime's self-titled album, but it works well here. The end of track 4, "G.O.L.D.R.U.S.H." serves as an introduction to closing track "McGinnis Colors," with gang vocals letting you know "How hope keeps us a float." "McGinnis Colors," is the best track on the EP, and asks if this is the best our generation can do: "Is this the best we can do?/A generation of impassionate youth?/No, we can't let ourselves down./Maybe if we could stop daydreaming,/we could live the way we dream."

The EP is a solid introduction to this band from Connecticut. The music is refreshing to hear in a scene that is saturated with neon and girls jeans. Hopefully they can help put an end to neon; only good things can come for them in the future. Also, be on the lookout for their new split 7" with Don't Say I Won't, out on Audubon Records March 19th.

Recommended If You LikeLifetime, Shook Ones, Paint It Black

http://www.myspace.com/deadlights

Displaying posts 1 - 2 of 2
02:49 PM on 06/27/11
Mario57
We can gallop upon the sea...
User Info.
What happened to this band ?
Options
More From This Author

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News