Password

Comments: Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 70
01:45 PM on 08/01/06
LilRyan732
Token Blackie
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
My main problem was the subject matter. I know Travis has more interesting things to talk about than Myspace and white girls. Granted there was some playful tracks on the last CD--Cupid's Chokehold, Make Out Club, etc, but they mixed it up with some thoughtful, hard-hitting songs. If they would have stayed with this formula I would have liked to CD a lot better.
02:00 PM on 08/01/06
Steve Henderson
Retired
User Info.
Originally Posted by LilRyan732
My main problem was the subject matter. I know Travis has more interesting things to talk about than Myspace and white girls. Granted there was some playful tracks on the last CD--Cupid's Chokehold, Make Out Club, etc, but they mixed it up with some thoughtful, hard-hitting songs. If they would have stayed with this formula I would have liked to CD a lot better.
Well said, sir.
02:00 PM on 08/01/06
saving jonathan
everything in transit
User Info.
overall, a great album. catchy and influenced by some good stuff. travis is headed in the right direction i think, and so is this band. i just hope they don't get tooo big.
02:06 PM on 08/01/06
whatchokesbegin
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

I agree. The Papercut Chronicles is much better than this album. This sounds like a combination of Fall Out Boy and MTV hip-hop. Their last album was excellent musically and lyrically, and this one falls short in both categories.

In the same vein, I'm pretty fucking sick of hearing Patrick Stump's voice.
02:11 PM on 08/01/06
carxunderwaterx
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
at warped they played a really fun acoustic set. and why are there 6 of them that play? not 4...
02:53 PM on 08/01/06
ren989
User Info.
Excellent review. I also agree that the sloppy love jingles really kill the flow of the album. Still pretty good stuff overall though.
02:53 PM on 08/01/06
CorporateFish
Viva la Weez
User Info.
I really liked this release. However, if you were to pick up a hip-hop album, Jurassic 5's new one is much better than GCH.
02:56 PM on 08/01/06
xglassjawx
Sergio Georgini
User Info.
There is no way in hell that the POS album is better than this hahahaha.
03:22 PM on 08/01/06
InochiSagashi
snarky b
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Originally Posted by whatchokesbegin
In the same vein, I'm pretty fucking sick of hearing Patrick Stump's voice.

Agreed! I mean, he's got a pretty good voice, but how many guest vocals has he done lately??
Probably more than the actual amount of decent songs on the next Fall Out Boy record.
03:32 PM on 08/01/06
trustmeimokay
Hi
User Info.
Originally Posted by xglassjawx
P.O.S. is my album of the year.

I don't see how you can say that.
03:35 PM on 08/01/06
BlackBear
User Info.
Originally Posted by xglassjawx

Except it is. Do not challenge the Bear.
03:51 PM on 08/01/06
*crying stars*
... are you crazy?
User Info.
i agree with your review.

sure is a fun album.
04:08 PM on 08/01/06
lava890
User Info.
If you need hard-hitting lyric's about a stranger's life, you have the last album. What's wrong with tracks that are easy to enjoy?
04:13 PM on 08/01/06
End is Forever
User Info.
I really like this cd. Clothes Off is a great song, it's really catchy and Patrick sounds good on it but 7 weeks has better lyrics. Just curious Drew, who is the other Decaydance band that has gotten big besides Panic?
04:15 PM on 08/01/06
JTrain12
User Info.
i bet the people who diss on GCH really like MC Lars =0

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News