Password

Comments: Page 4
Displaying posts 45 - 60 of 70
04:37 PM on 08/01/06
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
Originally Posted by End is Forever
I really like this cd. Clothes Off is a great song, it's really catchy and Patrick sounds good on it but 7 weeks has better lyrics. Just curious Drew, who is the other Decaydance band that has gotten big besides Panic?
Fall Out Boy, technically the first band on Decaydance.
04:37 PM on 08/01/06
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
Good review for a good CD.
04:46 PM on 08/01/06
CROMagnon
Joe Cool
User Info.
the first album is much more "hip hop" than this album
this is hip pop at the core
04:50 PM on 08/01/06
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
Originally Posted by CROMagnon
the first album is much more "hip hop" than this album
this is hip pop at the core
It has a lot of R&B influence.
04:59 PM on 08/01/06
CROMagnon
Joe Cool
User Info.
Originally Posted by Drew Beringer
It has a lot of R&B influence.
this one? the only song i really hear r&b is clothes off, and that's more funk
on my own time, eh, maybe a little
the rest is poppy as hell, little r&b
06:02 PM on 08/01/06
Throwback
The Swordsman
User Info.
The Papercut Chronicles was an incredible release that came out of nowhere for me. Decrepit Bricks is lyrically incredible and while I really like As Cruel As School Children, this does seem like a step backward. Also, I prefer the guitar on PCC, even though it all sort of sounded the same, it was still sweet. However, On My Own Time is a great song.
06:08 PM on 08/01/06
i2ockbotm
User Info.
Originally Posted by LilRyan732
My main problem was the subject matter. I know Travis has more interesting things to talk about than Myspace and white girls.
'Viva La White Girl' has more depth than you may think.
06:17 PM on 08/01/06
netcity
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
terrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrible review. this cd rides1
06:25 PM on 08/01/06
FourStarters
Summer Jam
User Info.
"Sloppy Love Jingle" is better when Travis does it live, as he's done as their impromptu freestyle while the band is tuning - it's lame that it's not exactly a freestyle, but it's a pretty cool little vocal exercise that works as a transition between songs.

"New Friend Request" is legit - want band drama? It's about the dude from The Fully Down's girlfriend.

"If I had two horses, and I beat them with authority, I'd gallop all the way to Canada to see your face"

[I"]And if not, ain't no love lost between you and me
I'll be here when your man ain't fully down as he used to be "[/i]

Disashi's the nicest guy in the world too.
06:36 PM on 08/01/06
sometripe
Hopeless Romantic
User Info.
Originally Posted by i2ockbotm
'Viva La White Girl' has more depth than you may think.

Indeed. That song has a lot more to do with lines of cocaine than actual white girls.
07:26 PM on 08/01/06
DonByron
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Best CD of 2006 so far. I don't see how people don't like it. A) Patrick Stump produced it, that's why he sings on it... and that is a dead on update of the song they decided not to "sample" B) It's got an old school R&B feel to it. How is that not "hip hop"? I'm sorry if you wanted to buy a Public Enemy CD.... but this has such an Eminem or Kanye feel to it on some songs, and that's just good hip hop fun C) The lyrics are a step up I think. I especially like all the references to the behind the scenes of being in bands. Lines like "We finish up the peanut butter and jelly that you always get in your rider but never eat" make it worth it especially fun for anyone involved in the music scene D) The Papercut Chronicles was a lot more guitar based, and this is more sample/beat/layer based, but I think it makes it a more complex CD. I guess I can see where TPCC was more indie, but this album is a lot more fun. And don't get me wrong, I LOVE them both. E) I would agree that these guys will probably be on TRL and all that lame stuff sometime soon. I'd bet a major will scoop them if this really takes off like it could. One big tour wil make it possible. F) It was cool to hear shout outs to Boys Night Out and Armor For Sleep and stuff on a CD. It was kind of a new twist to an old tradition.
Bottom line.... I love every track. And William Beckett on "7 Weeks" is amazing. Best song on the CD. I think "Scandolous Scholastics" is a close second also. I can understand the "boy band" feel you mention, because in the beginning it starts off like a Backstreet Boys or Nsync song... I was trying to place what it sounded like and was sad when I figured it out. But after the first 10 seconds it is mind blowing.
08:58 PM on 08/01/06
mikedumapias
User Info.
i love this record, one of the best releases this year in my opinion. my only gripe is the number of "sloppy love jingles." theyre super clever and all but im just missing the beat in the background. but other than that i think its a rock solid album.

-miked.

oh yea, and like the dude above me said, the shout outs were sweet as hell.
for sure the best way to end the record.
fuck and yea.
09:30 PM on 08/01/06
CROMagnon
Joe Cool
User Info.
Originally Posted by DonByron
B) It's got an old school R&B feel to it. How is that not "hip hop"? I'm sorry if you wanted to buy a Public Enemy CD.... but this has such an Eminem or Kanye feel to it on some songs, and that's just good hip hop fun

there is little to no "old school r&b" on this cd, but there is funk and a small amount of soul
old school r&b consists of jazz, soul and gospel, and artists like fats domino and the neville brothers, and later sam cooke, marvin gaye, otis redding ...there is little to none of that going on here

this has no eminem feel at all, either in the lyrics or the music, so i don't know what the hell you're talking about

this is a hip pop cd, plain and simple...or, if you like, a new evolution of new jack swing
09:58 PM on 08/01/06
starcrossdlovex
Vicky.
User Info.
7 Weeks is really the only song I can consistently listen to & not be bored with immediately.
& I agree, the Love Jingles do nothing for me.
Oh well, it's still a pretty amusing & fun album.

Quote:
I know Travis has more interesting things to talk about than Myspace and white girls.
Go read the lyrics of Viva La White Girl & think about it a bit.
11:11 PM on 08/01/06
smogs
Suit Up
User Info.
I personally liked Papercut Chronicles better, this one seems a bit over produced or something.

but thats not to say its a bad cd, its great. it hasn't come out of my radio since i bought it.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos