Username
Password

Comments: Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 48
11:49 AM on 03/10/10
smelltheglove
youarealldumbemokids
User Info.
Black Tape was a fantastic album, one of my favorite's of 2004. Saw them open for Social D in 2004 as well and they were solid live. "no revolution" and "here I am" are still played at Pittsburgh penguins hockey games from time to time and a friend of mine put Black Tape on at a party in late January, none of us had listened to them in quite some time.
11:53 AM on 03/10/10
queenofcrouton
relapsing into madness
User Info.
I was at their last show ever, at Knitting Factory NY, and it was amazing. Kids had flown in from Japan, and maybe also Scotland (?) for the show.

If my memory serves correctly, they closed the set with No Revolution, saying "This is the last song the Explosion will ever play." The crowd, of course, chanted for an encore, the guys came back out and said, "I can't believe we're doing this," and played No Revolution again. TWICE. So they stayed true to their word and gave the audience a final encore.
Man, such a good band...
I loved that they did that. So great.
12:05 PM on 03/10/10
perceptrons
[ ]
User Info.
I always felt like I should really enjoy these guys, and I had Black Tape for the longest time but I just couldn't ever get into it.
That's pretty much the same story I had with them.
12:20 PM on 03/10/10
CaryGrant
The Romantic Egoist
User Info.
The Explosion is the first band I ever actively tried to obtain every song by. Love that band, they essentially saved punk for me when I was 14.
12:40 PM on 03/10/10
dundermifflin
User Info.
i used to be obsessed with here i am, i think it was in tony hawks undergound? haha
01:16 PM on 03/10/10
RyanFTW
ATTACK POP PUNK
User Info.
Why don't you just push play on one of the videos above and decide for yourself? I can't make it any easier for you to check them out.
I would preferably like a 5000 word essay on why I should like them, plz. Play buttons are against my religion.
01:55 PM on 03/10/10
Jeremy Aaron
User Info.
I would preferably like a 5000 word essay on why I should like them, plz. Play buttons are against my religion.
Nah. A typical response to that would be "tl;dr. RIYL?" The first "l" of course stands for "lazy".
01:59 PM on 03/10/10
RyanFTW
ATTACK POP PUNK
User Info.
Nah. A typical response to that would be "tl;dr. RIYL?" The first "l" of course stands for "lazy".
I blame victory records marketing post-thursday/TBS
02:22 PM on 03/10/10
Jeremy Aaron
User Info.
I blame victory records marketing post-thursday/TBS
That thought never crossed my mind. I just attribute it to RIYLs on almost every review making people pass over any real writing. But yeah, there were those "For Fans Of" on every Victory ad and CD sticker comparing the shitty-ass band to more popular (and usually better) bands.
02:24 PM on 03/10/10
RyanFTW
ATTACK POP PUNK
User Info.
That thought never crossed my mind. I just attribute it to RIYLs on almost every review making people pass over any real writing. But yeah, there were those "For Fans Of" on every Victory ad and CD sticker comparing the shitty-ass band to more popular (and usually better) bands.
That stuff drove me up the wall. I mean, I'm sure it sold records for victory (and Tony Brummell would eat puppies to sell records at this point) but it really took away from the concept of maybe going to a show and finding out what a band is like, instead.
02:39 PM on 03/10/10
3GunGaz
Claret and Blue
User Info.
Love this band!
02:58 PM on 03/10/10
Crimson_Curse
Breathe In, Breathe Out, Survie
User Info.
Fantastic band.
03:12 PM on 03/10/10
Rid Ickulous
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Ah, the era when they got signed is when the music business ate itself. Why did labels all of a sudden spend millions and millions of dollars on random rock bands? No one became "the next Nirvana" and few even got gold records..

I like the first record though!
04:33 PM on 03/10/10
windigo11
User Info.
hahaha i remember hearing one of their songs in tony hawk and checked em out right after. they're pretty badass but i completely forgot about them.
04:50 PM on 03/10/10
Chris Fallon
Boom.
User Info.
This was my next pick for Weekly Nostalgia -- glad you beat me to it!

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos