Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 60
10:03 PM on 08/01/06
ACA
Next Show: RIOT FEST CHICAGO!!!!!!!
User Info.
Originally Posted by oldprospector
I don't really agree with ACA completely but I definatly have to disagree with your statement. AFI is probably bigger than ever now days.

Heh, yea; AFI is completely off topic to this convo :)

Ten years ago, AFI had JUST signed to small Nitro Records; it'd be another 3-4 years until they'd define their new, amazing sound (1999).

-ACA
10:03 PM on 08/01/06
UltimoScenester
It's true. I am.
User Info.
Coheed is better than most of the shit bands mentioned on this site.

If you don't like them it's your opinion, but seriously recgonize the fact that they don't play the same run of the mill junk 98% of the bands mentioned here play.

But hey some like hellogoodbye or whatever it is you like.
10:04 PM on 08/01/06
ACA
User Info.
Originally Posted by deadkidsean
getting kinda worked up arnt you buddy?

He asked me to forcibly insert the lifeline excerise card into my anus!

-ACA
10:11 PM on 08/01/06
wuninseven
User Info.
i gotta defend coheed here. they are one of the more unique sounding bands out there and theyre also fantastic musicians. i hope mic and josh come back because theyre badass. just because they don't throw their guitars around or play "killer breakdowns" doesn't mean they're a shitty live band. these dudes can play better than 90% of the bands mentioned on ap.net easy.
10:11 PM on 08/01/06
Amplifried
Kamikaze Chivalry
User Info.
Originally Posted by deadkidsean
exactly. i loved SSTB and IKSOSE:3, but with the latest album and there piss-poor performances, i havnt listened to them for quite sometime.
i just wish chiodos was out with another band so i didnt have to pay $35 and sit through 2 shitty bands just to watch dillinger escape plan and chiodos.

"My knee hurts."
10:14 PM on 08/01/06
xdosmil
is running from the rain
User Info.
Originally Posted by ACA

-ACA

whatever your opinion, kudos to you for referencing that
10:15 PM on 08/01/06
KetchupMan36
Idle Will Kill
User Info.
yeah what's up with all the coheed hating? people are probably just upset that coheed is now popular. it's a shame they have a new drummer for the tour, i just loved watching the old one play.
10:24 PM on 08/01/06
ACA
User Info.
Originally Posted by KetchupMan36
yeah what's up with all the coheed hating? people are probably just upset that coheed is now popular. it's a shame they have a new drummer for the tour, i just loved watching the old one play.

I speak only for myself, but:

I don't hate them "because they're popular". That's completely not my style--from Jersey, I've seen bands like MCR in the smallest of basements and houses. When they exploded, I most certainly never hated on them for a moment.

Coheed is a different story:

I saw them many times. On the Thursday/Thrice tour, Claudio stopped in the middle of my then-favorite CoCa song (Delirium Trigger) and just started going on some baked out rant about him getting high and stepping on a nail, while the rest of the band tried to force him to carry on. It was embarassing.

I saw them in Webster Hall; they had to play Welcome Home twice. The second time, Claudio was a complete dick to everyone.

I know all about Claudio's drunken rampage in Canada.

I saw them open for Underoath, it was weak.

In the SSTB era, their live show was more spot on (perhaps because the songs were much simpler). I appreciate a long song, but some of their newer songs border on excessive--some of them are very excessive. Just because you CAN, doesn't mean you SHOULD.

Coheed has just been on a downward spiral for me. I imagine other people feel the same way, though I do imagine your'e correct--a lot of douchebags hate on a band for getting success.

-ACA
10:40 PM on 08/01/06
xearlynovemberx
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
coheed is good live...and claudio was super nice when i met him
10:40 PM on 08/01/06
ETIDISGOOD4U
Music<3
User Info.
That seriously blows. The bassist is so awesome live.
10:52 PM on 08/01/06
sethface
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Co&Ca have always been one of my favorite bands and will always be there
the 3 times I have seen them they put on a great live show everytime
never stopping or getting too drunk to play or anything
I have heard rumors circling around the band from close people that both Mic and Josh are doing hard drugs and that might just have a hand in the line-up change

p.s. AFI's best has already been long gone where as I feel Coheed's is still to come
10:53 PM on 08/01/06
ilovebsb
Originally Posted by ACA

-ACA

haha donnie darko! good shit right there. i hope i wasnt the only to get that too.
11:01 PM on 08/01/06
Panda
AP Addict
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Finch
11:03 PM on 08/01/06
bust_a_move
high heels, red dress.
User Info.
Originally Posted by fedhed7
Nyackkkkkk

yay.

REPPIN THE 845!

wow i suck.
11:42 PM on 08/01/06
a hybrid
User Info.
Aca first off the webster show is not something you can faul the band on. The microphones were not set up properly and fuse had to have them reshoot it so it would pick up the song.

With that said I agree 100% that their live show has considerably gone down hill. Quite sad.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos