Username
Password
Ska News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Ska
Inside AP.net

Final Long Shot Hero Show Cancelled

Posted by: Brandon Allin (08/01/06)
In a complete turn of events, Long Shot Hero will no longer be performing at the Scranton, PA stop of the Warped Tour. As of right now, the band has no further dates scheduled.

Displaying posts 1 - 12 of 12.
11:17 PM on 08/01/06
Rxbandit22
1,2,3 skank
User Info.
They used to be one of my favorite ska bands.
I can't understand why Chris left, even though he told me why.
11:18 PM on 08/01/06
Brandon Allin
Rented World
User Info.
I'm going to miss this band.
11:40 PM on 08/01/06
BrandFuckingNew
User Info.
ska is for fat kids.
11:58 PM on 08/01/06
needles & pins
misses Home Movies.
User Info.
Well, damn.
12:25 AM on 08/02/06
goyoyofosoco
Koalas Aren't Hard.
User Info.
Good fucking riddance. I hate to hold grudges, but, if they'd just play music better and not be dickfaces to everyone this side of the equator, this wouldn't even be a problem.
03:33 AM on 08/02/06
Jacktheskipper
Coffeebreath & Heartache
User Info.
So what did Fat Mike say to them?!?
05:59 AM on 08/02/06
Brandon Allin
Rented World
User Info.
Originally Posted by apm158
these dudes are decent ska

but i hear they are douchebags

w/e
I've had thousands of conversations with various members of Long Shot Hero, and they've always been some of the nicest, most down-to-earth people I've ever spoken with. :)
09:38 AM on 08/02/06
Rock
THROW IT DOWN, BIG MAN!
User Info.
why does Scranton as a city name sound so familiar?
09:47 AM on 08/02/06
rr_thecrowing
twitter.com/kreeger
User Info.
Originally Posted by Rock
why does Scranton as a city name sound so familiar?

The Office, man. Every time I hear "Scranton" I think of The Office.

I'm talking about the US version, of course.
11:45 AM on 08/02/06
Drumz886
AP Addict
User Info.
For anyone that actually cares what happened here, I'll inform them since I've been a good friend of the bands for the past few years.
Anthony, Chris, Kaity and Joel all quit Long Shot Hero because Shaun and Brian were taking the band way over the edge with business. Anyone close to the band knows this. Contracts became a daily reference, Shaun ruled the band like a dictator and whenever was questioned would threaten other band members saying that him and Brian "owned" the band. (Brian owned the van and trailer, and Shaun held most ties to promoters and most management and name right that he stole from the band after being in the band only 9 months by making them sign contracts).
Chris quit because he didn't want to deal with Shaun...Joel, Anthony and Kaity quit shortly after a show where Shaun threatened a promoter with a knife when the band didn't get paid it's guarantee. The four of them had basically been forced to throw away the last FOUR YEARS of hard work they did promoting the band and writing music. I have been alongside for about 2 years, and will say that this band, despite whatever anyone has to say about them, did work their asses off. After all, they were a ska band, and ska bands arent usually the first to get any respect.

So after the band broke up, Brian and Shaun still owned the copyrights to the name. Anthony, Kaity, Chris and Joel said "Fuck it, we got invited to Warped and worked our asses off for 4 years, we deserve it - we're going to invite back Kate (who Shaun had made the band kick out) and play this last show".

No sooner did it become public that the remainder of the band was going to play Warped than Shaun called Warped Tour and threatened to sue them if they allowed the remaining members to use the LSH name on Warped. Warped said they then wanted nothing to do with the whole clusterfuck situation, and within minutes had replaced LSH from the Ernie Ball Stage. Many LSH fans that bought absurd $30 tickets to see their last show got dicked out of the last show that THEY and the remainder of this band deserved.

Most of the old heads like Joel and CHris are working on new projects. Brian and Shaun I think are starting some gay emo band called Cutthroat Academy.

Basically the 5 originals needed Shaun and Brians permission to play and use the LSH name, but they wouldn't call Warped and give it to them.
05:32 PM on 08/02/06
Rock
THROW IT DOWN, BIG MAN!
User Info.
Originally Posted by rr_thecrowing
The Office, man. Every time I hear "Scranton" I think of The Office.

I'm talking about the US version, of course.
haha, that's it!@ thank you.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests