AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Rise Records News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Change Up With Burden Of A Day

Posted by - 11:02 AM on 03/14/10
Burden Of A Day as a project is done. The band will continue under a different name and will make new music. A statement from the band can be seen in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 55
11:02 AM on 03/14/10
Keagan Ilvonen
@KeaganIlvonen
User Info.
We have just posted the dates for two home shows and yes they will in fact be the two last BOAD shows. But this is not the end...seriously...kinda. Burden has been hard at work on making another album almost immediately after oneonethousand hit shelves. From album to album BOAD has stylistically grown, superseding efforts each time. With those efforts comes risk. And now we are taking a risk that we never have before. We are so proud of the new CD we are writing and are confident in its ability to take the band places we have all never been. With that being said, we want to give it a fair chance with a fresh start. NO members are leaving, NO break up is happening, but everything is changing. The members of Burden are more passionate about making movement with their music than ever. and that is simply what we are doing. A NEW band is coming, one that we know no one will expect, no one can avoid, and wont disappoint. Burden Of A Day was the shell that was growing what we have now; we are so excited and know our strong BOAD fans will understand the jump when they hear it. When it is ready, the name and the sound will be revealed here...and that will be sooner than you might imagine.

Now as for the upcoming shows...it will be like no other BOAD show. Expect to hear over a dozen songs spanning three ALBUMS, and expect to see an old face or two join us on stage for the set and yes, it's most likely who you are getting gitty over. It will be the most emotional, exciting, fun, and loving show we have put on. So come out and
make these shows as special as they are. We love you all, and everything we do is for you.
11:04 AM on 03/14/10
JoeSledger
Registered Member
User Info.
11:05 AM on 03/14/10
Greg.Kushlan
Ghostbusting makes me feel good
User Info.
Too bad about the still making music thing.
11:07 AM on 03/14/10
DCFCutie
Synapse to Synapse
User Info.
They're going pop.
11:07 AM on 03/14/10
rockandsemo
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
what a lame comment don't waste your time on posting such a stupid comment!! their a great band and can't wait to hear new music from them with their new band name
11:11 AM on 03/14/10
COREhorizon
Scrote Season
User Info.
One of the better bands in the genre IMO. Hopefully they continue to make good music, even though I grew out of this genre.
11:13 AM on 03/14/10
troubledbyinsects
~
User Info.
hahahaha
11:14 AM on 03/14/10
ndoleman
Registered Member
User Info.
I figured they were going poppy or really heavy.
11:20 AM on 03/14/10
JoeSledger
Registered Member
User Info.
Please don't go poppy, please don't go electronicore, please stay hardcore.
11:24 AM on 03/14/10
more heart
Endure and survive
User Info.
Oh look at me being all edgy saying this bands sucks and all. You have to give these guys credit for being some of the most passionate musicians out there and for the genre they're in, they certainly didn't feel the need to be an image-oriented band.

In regards to the actual news post, I do remembering hearing something about this. I'll be curious to see exactly what change it is that they're talking about and whether or not they'll still be signed to Rise.
11:24 AM on 03/14/10
schmohawk
schmucko supremo
User Info.
good cuz the last cd sucked
11:27 AM on 03/14/10
newfoundmichael
@SirDaveyBoy
User Info.
One of the better bands in the genre IMO. Hopefully they continue to make good music, even though I grew out of this genre.
Basically my feelings on the topic. One of the only Rise Records bands I would ever consider listening to still. Their first full length was so awesome as a kid.
11:39 AM on 03/14/10
incognitojones
http://auburn-hills.tumblr.com/
User Info.
I was just thinking about how Burden of A Day never really seemed to get bigger. Hopefully with a different style and name they can start getting a larger fan base instead of just being a support act for Rise tours.
12:23 PM on 03/14/10
hardpill
Get Well Incentive
User Info.
Every time I hear something like this, i can't help but wince at the thought that some watered down and diluted experimentation is coming our way...

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos