AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Inside AP.net

Featured Stream: Flobots

Posted by: Lueda Alia (03/20/10)
We figured we would bring you something fun to listen to this weekend, so if you head over to Flobots' AP.net profile, you will be able to stream their new album Survival Story in its entirety. In case you did not already know, the band worked with Tim McIlrath of Rise Against on their single "White Flag Warrior." So head over there to listen and don't forget to purchase the album here after. Enjoy.

Displaying posts 1 - 12 of 12
02:26 PM on 03/20/10
thepianominstre
@joshuahedlund
User Info.
MySpace has had this stream at least since the album came out... I've been checking it out and thinking about at least buying a few songs.

They seem to get a decent amount of hate on here but I love their genuine lyrical flow over genuine instrumentation.... much more pleasing (to my ears, at least) than the computerized beats (and now computerized vocals) pumping out of most hip-hop stuff these days. And Flobots' lyrics trumps most of that stuff as well... I'm a conservative and don't agree with their whole worldview, but I love their attitude within it, their passion for justice and hope for improvement, which is much classier than typical political-song-ranting that just criticizes the other side for being stupid.
03:08 PM on 03/20/10
Loyaltabk
. . .Sure, let's go with that.
User Info.
MySpace has had this stream at least since the album came out... I've been checking it out and thinking about at least buying a few songs.

They seem to get a decent amount of hate on here but I love their genuine lyrical flow over genuine instrumentation.... much more pleasing (to my ears, at least) than the computerized beats (and now computerized vocals) pumping out of most hip-hop stuff these days. And Flobots' lyrics trumps most of that stuff as well... I'm a conservative and don't agree with their whole worldview, but I love their attitude within it, their passion for justice and hope for improvement, which is much classier than typical political-song-ranting that just criticizes the other side for being stupid.

your post actually made sense. that's rare on AP.
04:12 PM on 03/20/10
Circa1628
Long suffering Bills fan
User Info.
Got this album yesterday. Very good follow up album to Fight With Tools. They really stepped up the music on this album and tried less to find a really catchy hook for e every song.
06:17 PM on 03/20/10
RockTheWalls
Rock The Walls: http://idobi.com
User Info.

This gentleman pretty much gave my thoughts on the album.
10:50 PM on 03/20/10
Samc1803
NO WORMS ON THE BED.
User Info.
Well, I'm trying to like it. But I don't know how it will turn out.
11:04 PM on 03/20/10
HometownHero
User Info.
Don't see the appeal
08:25 AM on 03/21/10
Ryan Gardner
User Info.
Never been into these guys, but I think I'll give this a listen.

Edit: after first listen, surprisingly, I think I like it; seems like it'll grow on me
02:17 AM on 03/22/10
Lappin!
User Info.
Thanks for the stream, I'll give it a listen
02:37 AM on 03/22/10
Deadbolt23
Jacob
User Info.
This is pretty good. Not sure how it compares to Fight With Tools though. I'm thinking it's gonna be better.
12:40 AM on 03/23/10
elenar011
I'd like a waldorf salad
User Info.
Can't say I understand the hate towards these guys. Musically, they know what they're doing. On both albums.
03:04 PM on 03/23/10
bladerdude360
saved latin. What did you ever do?
User Info.
I listened to the myspace stream and I liked what I heard, definitely a solid follow up. I have to get this album soon. I'm glad to see some other people give the album a listen rather than just discard it as "nu-metal" like some other guy posted in another thread.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests