Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 5 posts.
05:49 PM on 03/23/10
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This is ridiculous. So hard to believe that it's already time for them to start the next record... Hope it's amazing!
06:23 PM on 03/23/10
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Not their fault. Hopeless really sucks at getting their artist radio play.

Yes this is very quick but i'm excited and feel like this will be some of their best work yet. Some of their best songs have been produced by Squire. So glad that there will only be 2 producers working on this. On NP there was like 5 and the record was good but it clashed.
Hopeless is an independent label. Do you know how hard it is for independent labels the size of Hopeless to sell a lot of albums, let alone get radio play for their artists?

that's what happens when you bomb at radio.

smart move by them.
The album actually did really well, and they definitely did decently on radio. Thus they were able to sign to Interscope...
06:35 PM on 03/23/10
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Well no i'm not blaming them for not getting radio play at all. I know how little control they have over that. Let me rephrase it: It sucks if you're looking for radio play (like they DID want with NP) while you're on an indie lable like Hopeless. I would never say hopeless sucks at anything. Thrice and ATL both have really good careers so far that I admire and I think they can do the same with The Dangerous Summer.

Yeah I think the album peaked at 4 the first week sales. They were talking to major lables before they even started writing for NP though.
Fixed.

Not interested in a band that doesn't even write their own songs. I swear to god the last record seemed to be more of a producers effort than theirs.
No, they definitely wrote the songs.

Keep your mouth shut. Listen to Frank.
What?
08:33 PM on 03/23/10
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
The album or radio campaign did not do well by mainstream standards (which was the point of the record)...i would bet the band would admit that (maybe not publically, but definitely to each other). If by "decent at radio", you mean "bombed", then yes...I agree, they did "decent".

They should be feeling the heat, and I bet they are. "Nothing Personal" was their best shot at Top 40 and their best shot at taking the next step... the boat is about to leave the port. They peaked in this 'scene' 3 years ago, and they're still stuck here. Nothing has progressed.

You don't have names like Sam/Sluggo, Bendeth, Squire & Butch Walker involved with your record and fail to have anything better than 12 'album tracks'. It's pretty inexcusable. Nothing personal to them (had to).
Pretty sure that the album did what they expected it to do. They were on a small label, they knew how far they could get on the label, and I'll bet that Nothing Personal met their expectations for radio.
08:43 PM on 03/23/10
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
wow thats real quick..
yeah nothing personals really good cant wait =)
hope they dont go collabing with gay disney stars
COUGH
We the kings- demi lovato
boys like girls- taylor swift
cobra starship-i forgot her name
Hahahahahaha. Taylor Swift is not a disney star, and neither is the girl from Gossip Girls(Cobra Starship).

Oh, and gay is not a synonym for stupid.

It's gotta be an EP.
Actually think it's gonna be a full length...
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests