Username
Password

Comments: Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 193
07:20 PM on 03/23/10
DevinDomino
FUCKyeah
User Info.
I don't know, I just never loved anything by these guys since The Party Scene and Put Up or Shut Up. I know that's the stereotypical answer around these parts, but it's true. I think I also just grew out of their sound, generally speaking. Still love some pop/pop-punk, just not their brand.

Understandable. I like The Party Scene and Put Up or Shut Up better than their 2 recent albums but it was like with The Party Scene they were going off of influences. With the most recent it's really showing what they want to do as a band. If you like it then cool, if not then cool.
07:22 PM on 03/23/10
blinkATL-182
User Info.
I'm excited. It seems like many people here didn't enjoy their last two releases for more than a few days/weeks. I still listen to them, and they've had incredible staying power with me. I'm looking forward to the new record. That'll be ... what? A late summer release?

i remember jack saying their shooting for the end of the year, my guess would be anywhere from september to next year january.
07:22 PM on 03/23/10
DevinDomino
FUCKyeah
User Info.
neal avron is also doing a couple tracks for the record

Where did you hear that? I will flip the fuck out if it's true! As much as I just want Squire working on it Avron created the genuis of Cork Tree so I can't complain.
07:23 PM on 03/23/10
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Not their fault. Hopeless really sucks at getting their artist radio play.

Yes this is very quick but i'm excited and feel like this will be some of their best work yet. Some of their best songs have been produced by Squire. So glad that there will only be 2 producers working on this. On NP there was like 5 and the record was good but it clashed.
Hopeless is an independent label. Do you know how hard it is for independent labels the size of Hopeless to sell a lot of albums, let alone get radio play for their artists?

that's what happens when you bomb at radio.

smart move by them.
The album actually did really well, and they definitely did decently on radio. Thus they were able to sign to Interscope...
07:24 PM on 03/23/10
mike_aaron
I sing.
User Info.
Where did you hear that? I will flip the fuck out if it's true! As much as I just want Squire working on it Avron created the genuis of Cork Tree so I can't complain.
THIS.
07:25 PM on 03/23/10
TakeItToManHat
User Info.
This band sucks, the producers suck. Put two and two together, you have a sucky album. Congratulations.
07:25 PM on 03/23/10
rollerman4221
Woof!
User Info.
Regardless of whether they hit radio big or not, they still sell-out every show (at least state-side) so I don't see what the problem is
07:26 PM on 03/23/10
anamericangod
User Info.
Pop punk resurgence, please.
07:27 PM on 03/23/10
nneandrie
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Not that I mind getting a new album to listen to with new songs, but seriously, already?
I hope that the album doesn't sound rushed. Plus, when bands release an album every year, you just get less excited for it.
07:27 PM on 03/23/10
BigAl
Here, have a sword.
User Info.
Exactly what I thought!
07:29 PM on 03/23/10
DevinDomino
FUCKyeah
User Info.
Hopeless is an independent label. Do you know how hard it is for independent labels the size of Hopeless to sell a lot of albums, let alone get radio play for their artists?

The album actually did really well, and they definitely did decently on radio. Thus they were able to sign to Interscope...

Well no i'm not blaming them for not getting radio play at all. I know how little control they have over that. Let me rephrase it: It sucks if you're looking for radio play (like they DID want with NP) while you're on an indie lable like Hopeless. I would never say hopeless sucks at anything. Thrice and ATL both have really good careers so far that I admire and I think they can do the same with We Are The In Crowd.

Yeah I think the album peaked at 4 the first week sales. They were talking to major lables before they even started writing for NP though.
07:31 PM on 03/23/10
DevinDomino
FUCKyeah
User Info.

Yeah he created the genius that is your avatar picture there haha.
HometownHero
User Info.
Have very low expectations for this seeing as Nothing Personal had zero lasting value with the exception of Weightless. Hope its good, doubt it will be
shortymcsteve
User Info.
Tomorrow!? there is already videos of new songs from the studio!
07:33 PM on 03/23/10
jeremyc
it was my only wish to rise
User Info.

Keep your mouth shut. Listen to Frank.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version