AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Lovedrug News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

ABSOLUTExclusive: Lovedrug

Posted by - 07:26 AM on 03/24/10
Lovedrug might have lost some of you with The Sucker Punch Show, but they are definitely back. The band will now be releasing a series of EPs leading up to their fourth record, and we want to give you a free taste. Click here to download the new mp3 "Pink Champagne" - if you like what you hear, grab the first EP now on iTunes or predorder the CD/vinyl versions on the band's website.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 71
07:26 AM on 03/24/10
Steve Henderson
Retired
User Info.
Message from the band...Folks, Friends, Fans, Lovers and Family,

Having now been a band for 8 years, we find ourselves still feeling very much like youngsters at the starting line of our musical endeavors. Many things have changed over the years; feelings have been caressed, held, hurt, blessed, cursed, loved and generally meandered across the world in a fashion that continues to take my breath away.

One thing that has not changed is the loyalty of all of you who have been there with us since the first chord of Pretend You're Alive through now, as we prepare to make our fourth record; and every one who has joined us along the way. So as we continue to work toward a new album we’ve decided to release a series of EPs along the way. Our goal in doing this is to share music with you, get out and play some shows, and see what you all think.

We’re pleased to announce that the first release, “EP – PART I”, is now available in iTunes, Amazon, etc. Even better, we have cooked up several collectable packages including CD, VINYL, Bonus Tracks, Sticker, and T-shirt that are now available for order from http://www.lovedrugmusic.com. While we are currently enjoying the freedom of not having any label entanglements, it does mean there is no one in our corner spending money and paying for things. Every one of these packages we sell will be a huge help to our continued writing and an encouraging vote of support.

TOUR > We also have a number of upcoming tour dates on the schedule and plan to tour much of North America this coming spring/summer (more on that to come). Check the Tours section at the brand new http://www.lovedrugmusic.com.

FREE SONGS >
Finally, we're giving away some free songs and other stuff as part of the BECOME A FAN OF LOVEDRUG on Facebook, so be sure and check that out under the EVENTS tab at http://www.facebook.com/lovedrug.

Thank you all so much for continuing to care about what we do as artists, it means the world to us!
Michael, Jeremy, Thomas & James
07:39 AM on 03/24/10
ryanhorizons
User Info.
woa, this song is really good. now i want the lp
07:42 AM on 03/24/10
GrapesIndigo
User Info.
Their new EP - Part 1 is amazing. My personal favorites are We were owls and Ladders. It's a healthy change for Lovedrug, turning down the reverb and rocking out....
07:45 AM on 03/24/10
highfidelity203
Registered Member
User Info.
Loved the first two records...still haven't really listened to The Sucker Punch Show...need to get on that. Are the songs on the EP's also going to be on the full length? Does anyone know?
07:50 AM on 03/24/10
oshyjay
User Info.
You can also download the entire +/- EP at noisetrade.
https://www.noisetrade.com/#/browse
So bummed I missed them at Sxsw.

EDIT: I went back and checked and apparently it's not the whole thing though it doesn't say it's just a sampler, my bad for the wrong information.
Of course it is still a free d/l of 3 songs, I've had them for a month or so and I'm stoked to hear some new stuff coming from these guys.
07:51 AM on 03/24/10
TheProsAndCons
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I would download this, but it's by a band called Lovedrug, and it's called Pink Champagne...so no
07:52 AM on 03/24/10
Steve Henderson
Retired
User Info.
I would download this, but it's by a band called Lovedrug, and it's called Pink Champagne...so no
What the hell does this mean?
07:52 AM on 03/24/10
tfuzz
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
You can also download the entire +/- EP at noisetrade.
https://www.noisetrade.com/#/browse
So bummed I missed them at Sxsw.
actually the NoiseTrade thing is only 3 songs. The actual EP is 6 tracks and the CD/Vinyl version from the band's website has 2 additional bonus tracks for a total of 8 songs.
07:55 AM on 03/24/10
oshyjay
User Info.
actually the NoiseTrade thing is only 3 songs. The actual EP is 6 tracks and the CD/Vinyl version from the band's website has 2 additional bonus tracks for a total of 8 songs.
Right as I found out I went back and refreshed this page to see your post. Thanks for the correction.
07:55 AM on 03/24/10
hollowitout
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
dude this band is SO good live! saw them at Exit/In in Nashville the other month w/ Ocean Is Theory.
the preorder looks so good! i think i'm gonna do it
08:04 AM on 03/24/10
TheProsAndCons
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
What the hell does this mean?
It means exactly what I said?
08:08 AM on 03/24/10
Steve Henderson
Retired
User Info.
It means exactly what I said?
You are a tool.
08:10 AM on 03/24/10
Shakriel
I just need reassurance.
User Info.
Really love this band and enjoying this EP more than their last album.
08:13 AM on 03/24/10
JordanBuell
and sail belly up to the clouds
User Info.

How the hell have you never heard of lovedrug before?

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos