AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Review
Hint: Follow a reviewer to be notified when they post reviews.
Artist Vs Poet - Favorite Fix Album Cover
Author's Rating
Vocals 8
Musicianship 7.5
Lyrics 7.5
Production 8
Creativity 6.75
Lasting Value 8
Reviewer Tilt 8
Final Verdict: 77%
Member Ratings
Vocals 8.42
Musicianship 8.17
Lyrics 7
Production 9.92
Creativity 7.67
Lasting Value 7.75
Reviewer Tilt 8.67
Average: 82%
Inside AP.net

Artist Vs Poet - Favorite Fix

Reviewed by: brandon_260 (03/26/10)
Artist Vs Poet - Favorite Fix
Record Label: Fearless Records
Release Date: March 3, 2010

Artist Vs Poet could be Fearless Records' next big band. After losing Mayday Parade and The Maine, Fearless needs a new band to dominate the pop-punk genre. After listening to Favorite Fix, you won't be able to deny the catchy-ness and potential it has to be huge.

The first half of the album is the stronger part. The album starts with one of the strongest songs off the album, "Car Crash". The track pulls the listener in, leaving them with no choice but to have the urge to hear the rest of the album. We then come across "Adorable" and "Favorite Fix". While "Adorable" is an acoustic driven track, with possibly one of the strongest vocal performances, "Favorite Fix" could quickly become a fan favorite, with its catchy chorus and odd breakdown-esque idea. I then came across what I found to be the greatest track Artist Vs Poet have ever written, "Unconscious Reality". The track is based on guitarist Craig Calloway's sleep problems. It is truly the most memorable song. The song has great lyrics and vocals, and is not a generic pop-punk song like many bands out there have released.

As the album approaches its mid section, we hear tracks like "Damn Rough Night", the story of singer Tarcy's 21st birthday (the track also features guest vocals by Austin Bello of Forever The Sickest Kids), and "So Much I Never Said", another overly catchy song.

But I've been going on about the strong points, there has to be weak points too, right? Well there are, and I found them to be in the acoustic tracks. "Miserably Loving You" and "Alive" both seem to drag on and really start to get boring. But the album finished on another high note with "Giving Yourself Away". Though the track isn't a stand-out, it is a strong way to end the album.

I feel this album is one of the best releases Fearless has released recently, and this could be their next big band.

Recommended If You LikeForever the Sickest Kids; The Maine; The poppier side of Fearless Records

myspace.com/artistvspoet

Displaying posts 1 - 11 of 11.
03:36 PM on 04/06/10
11:11
Looking for the morning after.
User Info.
Good review, I'm actually a fan of this album.
04:58 PM on 04/06/10
cwhit412
User Info.
The last song is an awful end to the album. The whole album is really boring, and I love AvP.
06:15 PM on 04/06/10
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This album is awesome. Nice review!
06:26 PM on 04/06/10
providence36
generator ^ first floor
User Info.
great album, been listening to it non-stop for a while now
08:13 AM on 04/07/10
brandon_260
Ah, yes.
User Info.
This album is awesome. Nice review!

Thanks!
12:54 PM on 04/08/10
livingalive626
remember, remember...
User Info.
good review. love these guys, got into them when i played football with the bassists brother.
12:23 PM on 04/14/10
jhotmann21
User Info.
Eh I wasnt a fan of this album. I was a huge fan of AVP when they first came out, but every release has gotten worse IMO
04:27 AM on 04/26/10
Stearman77
User Info.
Cute album lol, but i digress a little less pop and more punk, pop punk bands anymore are forgetting that there aloud to play the guitar on there albums.
02:05 PM on 06/27/10
absolutebutthol
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Cute album lol, but i digress a little less pop and more punk, pop punk bands anymore are forgetting that there aloud to play the guitar on there albums.
"Aloud" = Epic Spelling Fail
06:42 PM on 03/06/13
Ryan Dennehy
it's just me & u
User Info.
good post
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums