Username
Password

06:40 PM on 10/27/10 
User Info.
DickfaceChillah
I'm just beautiful me...
Upstate New York
Male - 25 Years Old
Great pilot. One of my favorite pilots I've seen since Lost. It was so beautifully directed by Frank Darabont, and even though the performances were quite hammy, they were very effective.

Kirkman isn't really my cup of tea. I don't fancy him all too much, but I do enjoy The Walking Dead books a bit. I find all the cornball, douche-chilly stuff from the comics is easier to swallow in TV form. It works very well. Though, the last panel of the first TPB is so bad. I am not anticipating that scene in the finale.

I also really hope they steer of course of the comics in later seasons, such as Dexter did with it's source material. I do not want to know what to expect. The first book is a good jump-off, but still...
05:45 PM on 10/31/10 
User Info.
DickfaceChillah
I'm just beautiful me...
Upstate New York
Male - 25 Years Old
I feel like it's going to be monumental in HD.

For some reason AMC always has the best HD.

Cause they shoot their shows with that in mind. They shoot those things like fuckin' movies, I swear. This pilot looked glorious in the shitty quality I saw it in, can't WAIT for HD...
05:51 PM on 10/31/10 
User Info.
DickfaceChillah
I'm just beautiful me...
Upstate New York
Male - 25 Years Old
Definitely, I think that's what put AMC over the edge as my favorite channel.

I saw one HD commercial and it looked like the detail on the zombies is just fabulous.

Only one word of warning: lots of terrible looking CGI'd blood in it.
05:55 PM on 10/31/10 
User Info.
DickfaceChillah
I'm just beautiful me...
Upstate New York
Male - 25 Years Old
That's kinda sad. But as long as the acting is great I won't feel cheated.

Well... the acting won't win any awards like most AMC shows. But it's good.
12:45 PM on 11/15/10 
User Info.
DickfaceChillah
I'm just beautiful me...
Upstate New York
Male - 25 Years Old
I'm loving how much they deviate from the book. Kirkman's book is underwhelming, but Darabont and crew has shaped it to be quite an incredible narrative.
01:04 PM on 11/15/10 
User Info.
DickfaceChillah
I'm just beautiful me...
Upstate New York
Male - 25 Years Old
Sounds like the Dexter books - cool idea, shitty execution.

A bit. Kirkman's got a flair for over-dramatics. So far, all the scenes that gave me douche chills in the comics haven't in the series, though I fear for the final panel of the first TPB. It's horrible.
01:44 PM on 11/15/10 
User Info.
DickfaceChillah
I'm just beautiful me...
Upstate New York
Male - 25 Years Old
I still stand by the pilot as the best yet. Some of the stuff this episode was so corny, like Shane beating up what's his fucking face that beats his wife. I got douche chills.
04:25 PM on 11/15/10 
User Info.
DickfaceChillah
I'm just beautiful me...
Upstate New York
Male - 25 Years Old
One question I have is if the show is going to try to preserve the principle characters or if there's a sense that no one is off limits like in the books, which are not underwhelming in the least.

Doubt it. Most AMC shows do not follow this ideal. I don't think this will be much different. These shows are built as long narratives as opposed to one off's.
07:55 PM on 11/15/10 
User Info.
DickfaceChillah
I'm just beautiful me...
Upstate New York
Male - 25 Years Old
Been ages since I read it, but is that when Carl just shot Shane and said it feels different to kill a normal person and Rick's all "It never should feel normal, Carl..........It never should" or something? If so I know what you mean. I feel like it'll be pretty passive and less melodramatic if he says it on the show though. Or at least I hope that's the case.

yeah, thats the one. The way the show is going, i'm thinking it'll come off a lot less heavy handed and corny, but its still got me worrying... The shows on such a great track right now.
08:30 PM on 11/21/10 
User Info.
DickfaceChillah
I'm just beautiful me...
Upstate New York
Male - 25 Years Old
WORST episode yet. I hate Guillermo and crew, and the heavy-handed melodramatic reveal of them keeping the nursing home alive was TERRIBLE. The opening sequence was douche-chilling, that dialogue between Andrea and her sister was some of the worst I've heard on the show.

However, I do really dig the end and hope Merle's still around. He's my favorite supporting character thus far.
12:07 AM on 11/22/10 
User Info.
DickfaceChillah
I'm just beautiful me...
Upstate New York
Male - 25 Years Old
what the fuck is "douche-chilling" and why do you say it all the time?

google it, ******.
03:38 PM on 11/22/10 
User Info.
DickfaceChillah
I'm just beautiful me...
Upstate New York
Male - 25 Years Old
For those interested, last nights episode was written by Robert Kirkman, the man who writes the comic books. I feel that the last 15 minutes were incredibly well done and was an incredible high point in this season.

Noticed this at the beginning. The opening sequence was very poorly written, and I've always found Kirkman to be a fairly bad writer. Still, I tried not to watch this episode with that in mind. Sadly, he proved my thoughts.
03:34 PM on 11/28/10 
User Info.
DickfaceChillah
I'm just beautiful me...
Upstate New York
Male - 25 Years Old
I watch this show on demand, so I'm only on episode three (on demand for me is always one or two episodes behind)...and what I dont get is how you have the time to have sex when your whole world is falling apart and when you should be on alert for zombies.

...it's sex. Why would you deny yourself one of the greatest and most fulfilling experiences? And on top of that, it takes you away from the situation for a few minutes. I think it'd be HEALTHY.

Plus, they live quite a normal existence in the spot they're in. Every day things have become a part of their life again.
03:40 PM on 11/28/10 
User Info.
DickfaceChillah
I'm just beautiful me...
Upstate New York
Male - 25 Years Old
But zombies have come to where they are before. You're never safe. And lol at the "greatest and most fulfilling experiences" comment. Do you really think it's a good idea to fuck around then get pregnant (with a lack of protection, it's bound to happen) and then have to run for your life with an infant or with a woman who is 9 months pregnant?

Then why sleep? Why try to maintain some sort of normal life despite your conditions?

I don't think Lori's pregnancy is a very smart thing, but I'm not defending that. I'm not defending sex during a zombie epidemic purely in the boundaries of the comic/show. I don't think sex is something to condemn in a situation like this.
03:49 PM on 11/28/10 
User Info.
DickfaceChillah
I'm just beautiful me...
Upstate New York
Male - 25 Years Old
Because you need sleep.

Unless you were 100% safe (which they arent) and you knew you werent going to get pregnant, why have sex in a situation where your life and your child's life is on the line.

I do not understand how anyone could ask this question. I do not see how at any point in life sex could become something that wasn't vital to your personal needs, despite the precautions. There are risks when you do anything in a zombie filled world. Not having sex just to be sure you don't bring another life into a world of this sort probably wouldn't be a priority to me. And there are many ways to abort a child, most unethical, but they are ways nonetheless.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos