Username
Password

08:19 PM on 09/07/10 
User Info.
ramomcferno
It Only Gets Better
The Grove, NJ
Male - 30 Years Old
It looks good. I am excited to see this on TV. I am 6 volumes into the comic and loving it. I am not usually a zombie guy either. Just goes to show how well written this is.
04:10 PM on 10/27/10 
User Info.
ramomcferno
It Only Gets Better
The Grove, NJ
Male - 30 Years Old

So excited!
09:58 PM on 11/01/10 
User Info.
ramomcferno
It Only Gets Better
The Grove, NJ
Male - 30 Years Old
great tension building throughout. i thought he was a goner when her was under the tank

Yeah that was an intense scene!

Originally Posted by Someone'sCoat;78414022[B
]Not a fan of zombies/undead etc. But this show is looking to be pretty damn good.[/b] Alot more emotionally charged then I thought it would be.

That's what attracted me to the comics and now the show. It is just so well written and the story of survival under these new circumstances is really well written.

I liked the pilot a lot. I thought the acting was great and I didn't see any problems with the dialogue. Judging from the critic's response, and the surprising amount of viewers this got, this show has a good chance to be huge.

I don't know how many Losties are in here, but could this be our next big show? I've got high hopes.

Huge Lost fan and I think the writing and characters would be a draw to any fans of LOST.

Originally Posted by colorlesscliche;78426922[B
]I'm so excited for those of you who haven't read the book. You're in for a treat. And six episodes is more than enough time to get everything in.[/b]

Watching it is cool for those of us that have read the comics because I have been visualizing what it will be like to see some of the things in the future books come to fruition, even though they said it will deviate from the books. I am anxious to see how it will.

Solid episode, should be a nice little series. It's hard to envision anything more than a season of this though, I feel like it's a bit limited of a premise

Trust me there is SO much cool stuff to go. If they stay pretty close to the comics there is probably 8 seasons worth of material there.
08:11 AM on 11/09/10 
User Info.
ramomcferno
It Only Gets Better
The Grove, NJ
Male - 30 Years Old
The way the book was immaculately written, it plays like episodic television, so yeah, I wouldn't mind if it was page-for-page, honestly. Obviously that isn't/won't happen, but the source really doesn't need much tweaking.

Definitely so true. That is what took my interest from slight to hooked. I am in for the long haul with this show because I know how great the story can be.

They've already said new characters will be added and some won't show up in the show at all. So this could very well become a "complain because it's not exactly the same as the book" thread. Frankly, I never care about changes made to a story in order to translate it from a page to the screen. If its a good show then its a good show.

I agree. It seems like they are going to take different routes on the way to the same major plot points. I am very happy about this as long as I still get to those major stories that were amazing from the comics I don't care what happens on the way to them.

to put this show in perspective... mad men premiered with 900k viewers and remained on the air. Now it has almost 3 million viewers and is considered a hit on AMC. breaking bad premiered with 1.35 million viewers and now has about 2 million... also considered a hit. Rubicon premiered with 2 million viewers and by the end of the season had about 1 million. (but a season 2 is expected.)

the reason why i mention all of this is because for this show to debut at over 5 million viewers is unheard of for AMC's original series. even if the rating drop so significantly to where there is 2 million viewers each week, it will still be in line with other AMC hit series. this show is in fantastic shape, expect more seasons to come.

and as far as tonights episode... i thought it was a pretty good follow up to the premiere. the scene where he was like "...im just a man looking for his wife and son... ill let you think about that for a second" was pretty great. as well as the "guys... he's an organ donor scene". hilarious. i didnt expect him to find his wife and kid this early (3rd ep) but im interested to see how everything works out.

I loved this. That was the Rick Grimes I love.

I'm not a comic book or horror fan, but I really love this show. Finding out that it's a 6 episode season REALLY pissed me off though. Not cool AMC. Not cool.

I come from the same background but the commics were so well written I was hooked immediately.

i think the fact that the zombies are smart enough to use tools and doorknobs and run instead of walk and climb fences just adds to the suspense. it's not weird at all. if you want to redefine the mythology (without making it suck--i'm looking at you, twilight), more power to you.

Yeah this bothers the hell out of my friends who are zombie fans. It works for me and in a way humanizes them and makes you think about whether it is ethical to kill them.

Excellent news, even though I figured this was coming.

this thread seriously makes me wonder just what it is that makes everyone's expectations of tv so unrealistically high that they complain so much about what so far has been an amazing show.

I think it is a combination of being an AMC and the source material.

The acting by the new characters ranged from bad to abysmal. I sincerely hope the black dude from the first episode becomes a main character because if I'm stuck with the department store gang and the "woods" gang, I won't stick with this show long.

I think the story is very worthy of sticking around for.

they're better, but the walking dead holds it's own in the AMC lineup.

I think so too.

Boardwalk Empire is like pulling teeth. It's so fucking slow. I havent missed an episode cause the potential is there but it's driving me crazy

I pretty much only watch Boardwalk for the Jimmy/Al parts and Miss Schrooeedurrrr

I enjoy most of the show. There are just a few parts that are annoying but overall I think it is great.
06:47 PM on 11/11/10 
User Info.
ramomcferno
It Only Gets Better
The Grove, NJ
Male - 30 Years Old
I feel the same way about shane and loris relationship. They are making her out to be less sympathetic but it works so far.

I agree. I didn't really like either one in the books but this somehow makes them worse.
07:22 PM on 11/23/10 
User Info.
ramomcferno
It Only Gets Better
The Grove, NJ
Male - 30 Years Old
All 4 episodes thus far have been fantastic, in my opinion.

I agree. But the second one was a little worse than the rest but still very good.

I agree the whole nursing home subplot was kind of stupid and the opening conversation could've been more well written. I get what they were doing with it though, setting up the death of the sister but still, could've been better written. The ending was pretty intense.

I liked all of those elements.
09:17 PM on 11/29/10 
User Info.
ramomcferno
It Only Gets Better
The Grove, NJ
Male - 30 Years Old
Kind of upset to not see the prison scene make it to television.

I still thing it will get in. I think it will be in next year though.

Kind of. In issue 53 they meet a small group, one of whom is a scientist, and they head off to Washington D.C. because the scientist guy thinks he knows what caused the zombies and how to cure it. I don't think they actually head to CDC headquarters though.

Also, I think I'm the only one who doesn't want Michone on the show. Great character, but would seem really out of place on a tv show.

I am excited to her and Tyreese.

There is nothing revealed about what causes the zombies, why the government collapsed or anything of that sort in the comic. I also think this is where a lot of takes on the genre fall short, trying to explain what is happening. Kirkman specifically said he'd never really explain it in full, so it'll be interesting to see what they do. The whole lab scene really caught me by surprise. It's nice to not know where they're going with things though. I still hope this is just a detour and they do the prison arc.

I don't know how far you made it, or if its just been a while, but the "scientist" is lying and knows absolutely nothing. There is nothing in D.C. so they end up in the Alexandrea safe zone community. That's where the comic is now

concerning Michonne, Darabont said he'd like to introduce Michonne early on next season. If anything, maybe that means they will do the prison/governor story eventually. She becomes one of the most prominent characters considering she was introduced way back in Issue 19 and is still alive. Maybe just a little less swordplay for the show? Hopefully they can make it work.

I think it is just a detour and they are gonna hit all of the really cool plot points from the book like the prison

Wow, really deviating from the comics now.

Good episode. Only problem with the show is there's always a handful of moments every episode that come off so hammy and forced, but then there's always some awesome stuff to counteract it.

I agree. I am kinda glad that they are differentiating from the books. I will be cool with it as long as they continue to handle it as well as they have been so far.

i read a rumor...

however far down the line that they would cast Nic Cage as the Gov.

that would be fucking amazing.

He would be interesting in that role but my friend really has Danny Trejo stuck in my head.

i read thomas jane is gonna get cast next season???

I really like Tom Jane and would be interested to see what he does in this.
08:01 AM on 11/30/10 
User Info.
ramomcferno
It Only Gets Better
The Grove, NJ
Male - 30 Years Old
Found an awesome torrent for every single issue of the comic

I have been looking for this. I get the volumes but wanted to keep up with the issues.
08:30 PM on 11/30/10 
User Info.
ramomcferno
It Only Gets Better
The Grove, NJ
Male - 30 Years Old
Probably bringing in new/better writers because of the bigger budget they'll be getting for season two.

That's what I figured. I am sure it will work out for the best.
05:13 PM on 12/09/10 
User Info.
ramomcferno
It Only Gets Better
The Grove, NJ
Male - 30 Years Old
Anyone who read the comics, do you think the chopper could be

setting up for the prison arc? Where they find the helicopter crashed in the woods.

When someone brought it up that is immediately what I thought. I agree that it will probably be brought up at some point. I think they will probably discover it at the end of next season. There is about a full 13 ep season worth of stuff in that arc. I think there is enough stuff to lead up to it as well like Herschel's farm, searching for food, meeting Tyreese, Wiltshire Estates and other stuff that they toss in like the CDC/Vatos storylines to keep us preoccupied next season.
07:15 AM on 12/11/10 
User Info.
ramomcferno
It Only Gets Better
The Grove, NJ
Male - 30 Years Old
God just thinking of all the shit they could stretch out before they get to the prison makes me feel impatient.

I am excited at all the possibilities I have enjoyed all of the departures this season and as long as Kirkman is still involved I am sure it will be fine.
07:40 PM on 07/19/11 
User Info.
ramomcferno
It Only Gets Better
The Grove, NJ
Male - 30 Years Old
The show had a fantastic pilot. Everything else was decent, but Christ, I hope they can capture the magic of the first episode.

This. Or live up to even half of the awesomeness of the comics.
06:44 PM on 07/22/11 
User Info.
ramomcferno
It Only Gets Better
The Grove, NJ
Male - 30 Years Old
The teaser sucked but the trailer definitely made up for it. Excited for its return!
08:08 PM on 07/22/11 
User Info.
ramomcferno
It Only Gets Better
The Grove, NJ
Male - 30 Years Old
you know what? you've got a solid point. what i bolded is a VERY good point but you have to take into consideration the amount of characters to flesh out right off the bat. obviously rick's story and how he asserts himself as the leader of these people and how he starts to lose his mind is the focal point of the whole series. it has to take SOME time for the show to develop the other characters.

we'll see how fast they kill off shane and get to hershel's farm. once that happens it should be easier to see where they're going with everything. in my mind, season 2 brings on shane's death/hershel's farm/the introduction of tyreese with the finale being them looking down at the prison. later seasons would then flesh out the prison and the woodbury invasion and whatever else they want to do after that.

of course the show isn't going to last forever, but it just started! it's going to be VERY interesting how they adapt an ongoing comic into a television series that has no endpoint.

The prison arc is the thing most of us seem to be waiting for because there was so much great stuff that happened because of it. I do think that people need to be fully invested in the characters for a lot of the stuff that is to come to be as effective as possible

Also, I hope that your idea of the finale is what we get that would be awesome. That is what I was thinking would happen as well
08:10 PM on 07/22/11 
User Info.
ramomcferno
It Only Gets Better
The Grove, NJ
Male - 30 Years Old
i know they showed maggie and hershel at the end of the video..i think most of the houses they showed in the trailer are from wiltshire estates

I hope not. The magic of that reveal was the fact that it was winter and the snow melts. The suspense that was built was so awesome.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos