Username
Password

05:16 PM on 10/31/10 
User Info.
batmannj
"No more half measures Walt"
Toledo, Ohio
Male - 26 Years Old
I was already fairly excited to watch this, but early reaction in the thread is making me hope that work is done as quick as possible, can't wait to get home and watch this.
05:43 PM on 10/31/10 
User Info.
batmannj
Toledo, Ohio
Male - 26 Years Old
I feel like it's going to be monumental in HD.

For some reason AMC always has the best HD.
For whatever reason, my local cable company doesn't have AMC in HD. Kinda pisses me off. A lot.
09:20 PM on 11/02/10 
User Info.
batmannj
Toledo, Ohio
Male - 26 Years Old
One hell of a great pilot. AMC somehow always has a way with camera work, some of the shots were better than the majority of feature films. Can't wait for more
09:55 PM on 11/02/10 
User Info.
batmannj
Toledo, Ohio
Male - 26 Years Old
Frank Darabont knows what he's doing. And he filmed it in 16mm.

Darabont is definitely perfect with this material, especially with what he did with The Mist.
10:02 PM on 11/02/10 
User Info.
batmannj
Toledo, Ohio
Male - 26 Years Old
Do you mean The Mist?

Woops yeah. Editing post now.
04:07 AM on 11/03/10 
User Info.
batmannj
Toledo, Ohio
Male - 26 Years Old
Yeah didn't mean to nitpick, I was just thinking, "The fog was terrible, I hope he didn't direct that." haha

You know, I typed out The Fog and I was thinking it didn't feel right but I went with it anyway. The Mist was good though for me, and I think that based on that movie alone he'll be able to do this material justice too.
10:09 PM on 07/26/11 
User Info.
batmannj
Toledo, Ohio
Male - 26 Years Old
definitely not a good sign for this show going much further than this year (with any sort of quality). Dexter has changed showrunner's like crazy and well....look at the 5th season of that show.
11:41 PM on 09/18/11 
User Info.
batmannj
Toledo, Ohio
Male - 26 Years Old
Setting a high standard. I'll check it out

Saying it's on par with Breaking Bad is kind of silly. Honestly I might just check out some of the season 2 episodes and see if you like those, then go back and watch season 1. It has potential (the pilot was very enjoyable) but it really needs to show me something Season 2 for me to be impressed.
12:37 PM on 10/15/11 
User Info.
batmannj
Toledo, Ohio
Male - 26 Years Old
I don't think Andrew Lincoln (I think that's his name?) is all that great in his role. I don't want to get too caught up into the comparison with the comics, but I don't think that they way Lincoln played the character that he can give the depth and range that he'll need if they do some of the comics stories.
07:54 AM on 11/06/11 
User Info.
batmannj
Toledo, Ohio
Male - 26 Years Old
While they kill Lori, maybe they could take out Andrea while they're at it. Or at least not make her so damn pouty, I can't stand to watch a scene she's involved in
12:07 AM on 02/13/12 
User Info.
batmannj
Toledo, Ohio
Male - 26 Years Old
So...is this show still bad?

Yes
08:26 AM on 02/27/12 
User Info.
batmannj
Toledo, Ohio
Male - 26 Years Old
In regards to a theory about what Jenner told Rick at the end of Season One: This show isn't really one for nuanced or subtle story telling, so with Shane mentioning the walkers not have bite marks and Rick's paper thin explanation (plus his long stare at them when he and Randall are leaving) I would imagine that Jenner told him that anyone who dies for whatever reason will become a walker
10:11 AM on 02/27/12 
User Info.
batmannj
Toledo, Ohio
Male - 26 Years Old
Andrea is certainly terrible, and when her and Dale get together and Dale reveals his telepathic powers just about Shane and not about anything else I want to scream. Also, on a show like this, people are going to look somewhat dirty, but Dale and his wifebeater look more rancid than any of the undead we've seen to this point
08:54 PM on 03/04/12 
User Info.
batmannj
Toledo, Ohio
Male - 26 Years Old
never said that's what i wanted. i'd just prefer if the writing didn't run in circles for two more episodes over killing some random kid that is a plot device that the characters will argue over until the end of the season. this is just the first half of the season all over again.
Exactly.
See I think it's been a little bit more then just that. You can see Rick struggling with the decision, can see the other characters struggling to deal with these things in their own way. Shane has very obviously chosen the route of violence to deal with the new world, and that's cool and all, but I find the way the other characters are dealing to be a bit more realistic, at least when you're dealing with a group of decent people like all of these folks seem to be.

As for the 2nd part...like I said, I can pretend I'd know how I'd react but I really don't know. yeah, the people he was with were doing horrible things...but he's sitting in front of me crying and begging for his life and I've got a gun to his head...I don't know if I can pull the trigger or not. As i said before, I'd probably side on the "keep him locked up" side of things. At the very least, if his people do show up, he can be used as a bargaining chip if they really want him back.
The show isn't really doing a good job of anything making us wait to see if they are going to kill that kid in the barn or not. It's already been established a long time ago that Rick and Shane are different and have personalities that are eventually going to lead to a major confrontation. As someone already said, the kid is a plot device and nothing more.
This is ultimately it, Dale was one of "Frank's" guys and was one of the few notable names when this show started in season 1 to attract viewers, if you liked Frank Darabont's work, then you'd like the familiar faces on the show from his movies. Jeffery DeMunn is one of them.

And because of that, I'm not sure where Dale's death is accuracy wise or storyline wise, but I do not think the killing off of the television character is close to the comic book series.

it was killing off the character because of the actor, not because of actual good storytelling. Otherwise you have at least 10+ other support characters that are such shit (T-Dogg? the bald lady? The dude in the house that does nothing? The chick on suicide watch? the list goes on and on) that you could kill, but obviously are fine with being on the show.

And think having all these support characters eventually will lead to a mass slaughtering or thinning of the herd at one point, it has to.
I sure hope so. The cast is way too big and we don't know anything about any of them. I agree with everything you're saying.
09:21 PM on 03/04/12 
User Info.
batmannj
Toledo, Ohio
Male - 26 Years Old
Do you even have to ask? I'm sure if there wasn't a shoestring budget and this endless sequence of pulling punches and pussy writing it would be an entirely different show and people would be going apeshit about it. Instead here we are, bitching about how a 9 year old is fucking everything up. It's a shame.

Sure as hell wouldn't be stuck at Herschel's Farm, thats for sure

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS
Mobile Version