Password

Album Review

A Hope for Home - Realis Album Cover

A Hope for Home - Realis

Reviewed by
A Hope for Home - Realis
Record Label: Facedown
Release Date: March 30, 2010
This review is a user submitted review from Jeremy Aaron. You can see all of Jeremy Aaron's submitted reviews here.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 28
03:56 PM on 03/31/10
inthemidst
Grace and Peace
User Info.
Really great review. Probably one of the best I've ever read of yours Jeremy. I find most "metalcore" to be tedious and repetitive, but this sounds like something much more refreshing. I will definitely check it out.
04:53 PM on 03/31/10
intriguedbylife
User Info.
Nice review. I feel like the band has progressed in a strong direction with this album and that the 'lost' effect is a result of giving it a listen. Sitting back and listening to Realis, I felt that the band didn't loose their essence but progressed into a slightly harder territory with obvious similarities to It Prevails. The similarity isn't that surprising through, given the fact that they are both from the Portland area and have been/are close with one another.

To sum things up, if you are a fan of the more ambient metal/post-hardcore screaming scene, this is an album worth buying. I've listened to it three times already and find more and more qualities about it that I enjoy.
04:54 PM on 03/31/10
inthemidst
Grace and Peace
User Info.
Nice review. I feel like the band has progressed in a strong direction with this album and that the 'lost' effect is a result of giving it a listen. Sitting back and listening to Realis, I felt that the band didn't loose their essence but progressed into a slightly harder territory with obvious similarities to It Prevails. The similarity isn't that surprising through, given the fact that they are both from the Portland area and have been/are close with one another.

To sum things up, if you are a fan of the more ambient metal/post-hardcore screaming scene, this is an album worth buying. I've listened to it three times already and find more and more qualities about it that I enjoy.
It Prevails is a great band.
04:58 PM on 03/31/10
intriguedbylife
User Info.
Absolutely love It Prevails, going to see them in a few months with their new lineup and hope that it holds up to that of their old.
08:08 PM on 03/31/10
SeeTheLights
#FREETYLER
User Info.
Great album and review.
04:47 AM on 04/01/10
Romancebled
Sleep underground tonight...
User Info.
Excellent review. This album is damn good. The band definitely stepped it up on this one.
05:53 AM on 04/01/10
brothaman
is too legit to quit.
User Info.
I dont really think this is a heavier album than The Everlasting Man, but i do think its a better album. In fact, its pretty soft in contrast with the earlier material, but much more experimental and ambient.
06:23 AM on 04/01/10
Jaimehere
Support local music!
User Info.
ok because of this review, i will go and check this album out and also The Everlasting Man
06:53 AM on 04/01/10
batmannj
"No more half measures Walt"
User Info.
Awesome review, great album.
07:24 AM on 04/01/10
Smeee
AP.net's Resident Staryu
User Info.
Great review. Definitely going to check this out now.
08:28 AM on 04/01/10
xsinkshipsx
@alexmacwilliam
User Info.
ok because of this review, i will go and check this album out and also The Everlasting Man
the everlasting man is fantastic. In the vein of beloved or hopefall with a bit of a post-rock edge...this album they took the post-rock and ran with it....can't wait to get it
08:46 AM on 04/01/10
Blake Solomon
Leave a one-way note.
User Info.
the everlasting man is fantastic. In the vein of beloved or hopefall with a bit of a post-rock edge...this album they took the post-rock and ran with it....can't wait to get it

You write about this in a very convincing way but sadly I know this won't interest me. Still, it was well done.

Now I'm going to watch the dark knight
09:13 AM on 04/01/10
jasonisasleep
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Love this album
09:28 AM on 04/01/10
priceofsilver
User Info.
Loving Realis.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News