Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 5 posts
10:41 PM on 04/02/10
sweetfootaction
Cake-eater
User Info.
Can we resolve that no matter what 'the kids' are calling him that we can still just call him Travis from now on?

Also, I hope this bombs.
07:31 AM on 04/03/10
sweetfootaction
Cake-eater
User Info.
why do you care enough to go as far as hoping he fails?

I'm sick of these artists who are in bands going off and doing their own solo stuff. You ever hear of the expression "having your cake and eating it too"? That's what they're doing. It's a huge insult to their original band. It's like saying, "I can do this without you." The horrible part of this is that Travis is making the EXACT same type of music, and still expecting to go back to GCH. I really hope this album fails, for the sake of the rest of GCH.
07:52 AM on 04/03/10
sweetfootaction
Cake-eater
User Info.
shut up.

oh give me a break. are you intentionally making him out to be a giant prick? I don't even listen to this dude's music, but ever consider that maybe...just maybe...they want to make music without any other input? or something that sounds different than their original bands? you are probably more pissed about him going solo than the rest of his band is, they are actually probably really supportive of him. while you're ripping on artists who go solo, you gonna rag on side-projects too?

He's making the EXACT same type of music! He's going to spit the same shit rhymes about dated pop culture references like he did in GCH. There is no difference here.

However I should haven't been so broad in my last post. Artists that are doing something completely different outside of their original band aren't having their cake and eating it too. See, I appreciate Alexisonfire AND City and Colour. Two completely different things. That is NOT the case with travis.
08:29 AM on 04/03/10
sweetfootaction
Cake-eater
User Info.
when someones says 'travis' i think 'travis barker'

Of course. Because he's the only person to have that first name.......
08:53 AM on 04/03/10
sweetfootaction
Cake-eater
User Info.
Yea, man. When I go to a Ben Gibbard solo show, I get so pissed he's playing music with an acoustic guitar! I mean, WTF!? I didn't come here to hear Death Cab. He should automatically do something completely different because all solo projects have to do that.

I'm not sure what you're getting at here. Ben Gibbard isn't releasing solo albums that sound exactly like Death Cab. See: THE POSTAL SERVICE. Numbnuts.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos