AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Interview
Hint: Have a band you'd like to see interviewed? Tell us.

A Hole Inside - 04.05.10

Interviewed by: Keagan Ilvonen (04/05/10)
The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:

A Hole Inside - Marcus Carlzon (Vocals & Guitar)

www.myspace.com/aholeinside
www.aholeinside.com

1. How did you get your band name?
We actually had another name before (Vilitas, it means worthless in Latin). Anyway, we had a song that was called "A Hole Inside" and Joachim (bass) asked, "Why is not our band name A Hole Inside?" and we have used it since then.

2. How did this band get started?
Me (Marcus) and Simon wanted to start a band so we started to write a couple of songs in Simon's bedroom. We actually tried to play some covers but we thought that was boring. We have never played any cover with this band because we don't know any songs.. haha. We found a drummer and another guitarist but after a while we felt like they didn't make the cut so we told them to leave the band (yeah we are bad people.. haha).

We found Aron(drums) by accident. Simon had written a song for fun that was about a guy in school that he called "Burning Aron." One night he decided to ask Aron if he played bass and he replied, "No, but I have been playing drums for 12 years." So we sent the songs over that we had written and he was really stoked on the sounds.

Joachim, our bass player, was forced to start to play bass since he was also stoked on the songs but had just played a little guitar before. That was May 2008 and here we are now with a lot of good stuff going on.

3. What bands are you influenced by?
Bands such as Slipknot, Metallica, A Day To Remember, From Autumn To ashes, The Used and Underoath were the early influences, now its so different with each individual in the band since we listen to a lot of different music.

4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would it be and why?
I'd like to tour with A Day To Remember since they seem to be such fun guys to hang out with. Also it would be cool to be opening act for such bands as Metallica, Slipknot or such.

5. If you were a furry, what animal would you be? Why that animal?
I would be a dog, because they seem to have loads of fun all the time!

6. Why should people listen to your band?
We don't want to copy or sound like any band that's out there, and we don't. We have many influences and I think that shows in our songs. Our genre is posthardcore-metal where at least I think 90% of the bands sound the same, but we got great songs, haha!

7. If you were chosen to be in Guitar Hero/Rock Band, what song would you want in the game? How hard do you think it would be to five-star on expert?
"Bottoms Up", because it's really catchy and the riffs are heavy. I think it would be really hard since in guitarhero most songs are harder to play than on a real guitar :D

8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
My band members and all of our fans, also my mom and dad for putting up with such endless hours of vocal exercises (na-na-na-na-naaaa), haha

9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
Better songs on the radio, some songs are just written to make money, not to be good. Haha.. too many greedy individuals, I think. I don't want to dig so deep in this really... it works as it is, almost...haha

10. Memorable tour experience?
That must be when we showed up at a venue and there was like 10 people there. That might sound horrible, but it was the funniest show ever (up til then), we really rocked out.. haha. Actually, our driver took a chair and sat himself in front of the stage with his feet on it and headbanged.. it was a blast. And it also proved to ourselves that we can play in front of nobody and have a real good time.

11. What does AP.net mean to you?
It's a great resource for reviews of Cds and also news.. I visit AP Daily.

12. What is your favorite song to play?
"Bottoms up", it's catchy and pretty hard to play and sing, which makes it fun!

13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
Somewhere that the sun always shine, and that is not Sweden.. haha

14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Nordman, it's a Swedish folk/rock band. They have such good melodies and lyrics!

15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
Fly, so I can travel to great countries for free.

16. Do you feel that your band has "made it"?
We are miles away, but "getting closer" would describe it. Actually I stole that line from a Yashin song.. haha

17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
I can't play drums for shit haha

18. What's your favorite holiday?
The summer, I hate Christmas..... it was just fun when you were a kid.

19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Be with my wonderful girlfriend and rehearsing/writing songs with the band =)

20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
I am really good at never shutting up.. maybe that's why I am a singer.

Displaying posts 1 - 3 of 3.
10:20 AM on 04/11/10
harylmu
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Good. Nice interview. (i was snypox from utube)
12:40 PM on 04/11/10
Co and Ca
What are you doing here?
User Info.
a fire inside!
Options
More From This Author

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music