All Posts by User
Displaying user's 2 posts.
09:17 AM on 08/15/06
Rohan Kohli
True Punk Fan
User Info.
There were a few good responses to this article on The Velvet Rope:
VornadoAs an outsider, I have three reactions:

1. If the president of a label with a roster of more than three artists is handwriting orchestral scores and conducting a recording session, because he thought that would make the songs better, something is fundamentally wrong. If he has time for that, either he's not doing his job or his job shouldn't exist. Can anyone imagine the president of General Mills futzing in his kitchen with new Cheerios recipes?

2. I'm so glad a "music guy" is masterminding the success of Black Eyed Peas, Pussycat Dolls, and, now, Slumber Party Girls. It clearly makes all the difference.

3. Running a complex enterprise takes a variety of skills, and few people have a complete background in all of them when they take the helm. But one way or another institutions create the leaders they deserve. It's comforting to know that someone who is a competent professional musician and songwriter can be just as much a craven whore as any attorney or accountant.

DanhedoniaI want to make sure I have this right: it takes a lawyer to ruin a record company because we all know that no lawyers love music, but it takes a performing arts major with a fondness for the Pussycat Dolls to bring us all back from the brink?
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS