AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Maverick Records News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Deftones Album Info

Posted by - 08:10 AM on 08/16/06
Billboard has posted an article about Deftones upcoming 5th album, Saturday Night Wrist, which will release on October 31st. The article tells of a few special appearances on the album and also includes the album's tracklisting.

I am so excited for this record.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 31
08:17 AM on 08/16/06
spencersface
Dutchess
User Info.
Billboard has posted an article about Deftones upcoming 5th album, Saturday Night Wrist, which will release on October 31st. The article tells of a few special appearances on the album and also includes the album's tracklisting.

I am so fuckin excited for this record.

SWEET. The track they released briefly on their myspace off of Saturday Night Wrist entitled "Beware the Water" is awesome. It looks like they've shortened the title to that song simply to "Beware." I'm very excited to see what direction they go in on the new release.
08:24 AM on 08/16/06
obeng
tonightifeellikemore
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
ohhh this album is gonna be sweet. i cant wait!!!
08:26 AM on 08/16/06
Chemical Love
-
User Info.
I'm so glad its finally finished.
08:38 AM on 08/16/06
irthetyler
Coachillin'?
User Info.
same day as isis....could be a very good day
08:41 AM on 08/16/06
wiReZ
asdf
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
awesome! :D
08:42 AM on 08/16/06
zeketheplmbr
erection selection
User Info.
yesssss!
08:47 AM on 08/16/06
kevinhagan
k-hag
User Info.
deftones never disappoint, except jumpin on crap tours like family values. i may pay the ten dollar fee to just watch them from the lawn though. this album should own.
08:56 AM on 08/16/06
quixotic
User Info.
I hope this is good. I likes me my Deftones.
08:58 AM on 08/16/06
ilovebsb
deftones clearly rule. this album shouldnt be a letdown because they do even though they've never topped adrenaline. maybe b/c its my favorite record by them :)
09:11 AM on 08/16/06
xTJx
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

I am so fuckin excited for this record.
Nice Drew, nice.
09:24 AM on 08/16/06
love_american_style
User Info.
cool i hope its good.....i didnt like their last album at all....and white pony wasnt as good as their first two.....i saw them play a free show recently at a park in downtown sacramento a couple of months ago and it was so fucking awsome......they put on a good show.
09:26 AM on 08/16/06
live4music
Digitally Bathing
User Info.
this is my favorite fuckin band and chino is my favorite singer but im not too keen on beware the water. the music is awesome in it but chinos vocs drag. then again i heard them play a dif new song on TOC and it was fuckin insane. adrenaline style
09:30 AM on 08/16/06
gonz
///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\
User Info.
I'm glad it's the 31st and not the 3rd cus there's way too many CDs I want to buy on the 3rd as it is.
09:38 AM on 08/16/06
spencersface
Dutchess
User Info.
this is my favorite fuckin band and chino is my favorite singer but im not too keen on beware the water. the music is awesome in it but chinos vocs drag. then again i heard them play a dif new song on TOC and it was fuckin insane. adrenaline style

Yeah, "Beware the Water" is a more melodic/intimate song. However, just think of the contrast between a song like "Minerva" (the single off the self-titled CD) compared to "Bloody Cape" on that same CD. I'm sure the album will exemplify the same diversity, as outlined in the article. :) I personally love the Deftones's fearless sense of experimentation.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos