Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 5 posts.
01:54 PM on 04/12/10
HeavenResign
Registered Member
User Info.
*face palm*. For every decent band they sign, there are 5 terrible ones.

Also, so fucking sick of these bands covering top 40 songs. They know if they don't write any decent music, but do a "hardcore" cover of a popular song, they'll get big way quicker, and get signed. And it fucking works, and I wish it didn't.
01:58 PM on 04/12/10
HeavenResign
Registered Member
User Info.
this sounds exactly like sleeping like sirens
this sounds exactly like of machines
this sounds exactly like broadway
this sounds exactly like we came as romans

i am so sick of the state of heavy 'underground' music. i could write a fucking book.
Go check out Pianos Become The Teeth, Touche Amore, La Dispute, Octaves, and Periphery. Those bands are full of awesomeness. They've given me a breath of life in this decaying scene.
02:26 PM on 04/12/10
HeavenResign
Registered Member
User Info.
Pianos Become The Teeth sounds amazing. Thanks for showing me them. Good stuff, has that old As Cities Burns feeling to it. Something I don't understand, is why does everyone like this kind of music now? I want to say TDWP started it all, and I really respect TDWP, they make some good music and put on very energetic shows. But now I see everyone listening to these to this style of pop hardcore music and I don't understand why. I will agree it all sounds like a Rise Records band, and I used to like them until they started signing all of these bands that sound like TDWP and Breathe Carolina. I mean, keep 1 band, not something that sounds the same, but I guess it's whatever makes them money. Quick question, what on earth do all these kids see in TDWP. I can't go to any mall without seeing someone wearing a TDWP shirt, or a Myspace without having someone's name say "Dood, Rulez, or Wears Prada". I mean TDWP has some pretty smart lyrics, imagery lyrics IMO, so what on earth do these scene kids see? I know they can't relate to the lyrics, no way. I like TDWP, but I can't stand their fanbase.
I'm not going to lie, I was 15 when I heard Dear Love, and I loved it. At the time, I found it heavy, fun, and almost music you could dance to (I was 15, keep in mind). I still enjoy it for the nostalgia, and I thought the titles of the songs were witty. However, so so many bands copied off of this band, that random song titles have gotten trite, along with the keyboard and breakdown heavy style of music, mixed with very clean (probably auto-tuned) singing. At the time, I don't think there were a lot of bands like DWP, and kids wanted more music like it, and so labels (mostly Rise) just signed band after band after band after band that replicated the sound.
05:20 PM on 04/12/10
HeavenResign
Registered Member
User Info.
pianos is aight
already love la dispute
love native, though you didn't mention them
touche amore though, my homie just dropped from college and joined as their drummer
much love there.
Haha I love Native too, seeing them in June hopefully.
09:01 PM on 04/12/10
HeavenResign
Registered Member
User Info.
Certainly not gods of music... but they are popular cause they're local and kids love that "post-hardcore" scene music here. They are from my area, Flowery Branch/Buford.
Lol at kids thinking this shit is post hardcore.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests