Username
Password
Rise Records News - Page 12
Displaying posts 165 - 180 of 181.
01:06 PM on 04/13/10
dookfacekillah
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Is anyone else with me that maybe Velocity Records needs to hire a new photographer? Run out of band promo ideas much?

different photographers i believe, because the WIM ones were before they were signed
01:31 PM on 04/13/10
Daniel Thompson
Act 1, Scene 3
User Info.
Oh and make sure you have a former member of a signed band
then im definitely fucked. We don't have that. But we could get Mike Miller from Count Your Blessings! Wait, does the signed band have to be good?
03:06 PM on 04/13/10
Pete-Fish101
hi, hi! hi!! HAI!!!
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
doesnt matter what they are called bro. they have similar names, and similar sounds.
03:32 PM on 04/13/10
encmetalhead
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
then im definitely fucked. We don't have that. But we could get Mike Miller from Count Your Blessings! Wait, does the signed band have to be good?
no
09:08 AM on 04/14/10
xtsukiyamax
Little Fockers.
User Info.
HAHAHAHAHAHA their drummer is flexing in every single promo. look at the way he is holding his hands...
i noticed that too . lol @ him
09:12 AM on 04/14/10
aradiantsunrise
i'm not as dumb as i am
User Info.
Is anyone else with me that maybe Velocity Records needs to hire a new photographer? Run out of band promo ideas much?

Who the hell is the second one? lol
10:15 AM on 04/14/10
Oeightyfour
User Info.
I can't remember their name ... but to me, it appeared that Velocity Records only has two bands ... this Woe, is Me...and whoever that second band is. Just go to velocity's myspace. all their bad decisions are there. hahaha.
01:19 AM on 04/15/10
aradiantsunrise
i'm not as dumb as i am
User Info.
I can't remember their name ... but to me, it appeared that Velocity Records only has two bands ... this Woe, is Me...and whoever that second band is. Just go to velocity's myspace. all their bad decisions are there. hahaha.
Oh God, this band is awful too.
09:59 AM on 04/15/10
xtsukiyamax
Little Fockers.
User Info.
i think its abandon all ships .
10:02 AM on 04/15/10
Pete-Fish101
hi, hi! hi!! HAI!!!
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
yeah its AAS!
12:15 PM on 04/27/10
IamtheDIVINE
thendobetter
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
im not blown away by this band, but i think they have talent. my questions for all the negative people -
1. why do you care how many people they have in the band, or how much money they make?
(people contradict themselves by saying their only out to make money, and then saying they made a bad financial decision by having 7 members)
2. if its SOOO EASY to cover a pop song and get big, why isnt EVERY shitty band in the country signed?
3. yeah their drummer was in that AWFUL band Of machines, but how does that automatically entitle every former band member to a record contract?
4. if you hate the "scene" so much, why is everyone spending so much time evaluating and criticizing every band in it?

ive said this before, and i stand by these words, it only takes an opinion to be a critic and therefore everyone is qualified, it takes drive, talent and dedication to be a true musician.

if you dont like these guys, i understand cuz i dont either, but not for any other reason than i just dont like their songs. who the fuck cares if they did a cover, have 15 members, do make money, dont make money. etc...

you people sound like a bunch of bitter ass failed musicians looking to take out your hostility on every band that isnt your favorite.
i would love to hear some of the garbage that your bands come up with.

music is art in all its forms. love it or hate it, if you cant do better shut the fuck up and move on.

:) tata
05:03 AM on 05/03/10
Yontsey
This Awkward Silence / Dustin
User Info.
haha if we sound like bitter failed musicians, your reply makes you sound like a talentless groupie thats so far up the shitty bands ass that you'd do anything to stick up for them.

They're still bad on a shitty label doing a shitty cover. Fact.
10:20 AM on 05/10/10
IamtheDIVINE
thendobetter
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
for the really smart individual that responded to my post- clearly you dont read very well so ill make this easy to understand. apparently you didnt read my entire post cuz you would have seen how many times i said i didnt like this band. The fact that i said it multiple times and it seems to have escaped you says very little about your reading abillities. if my post has lead you to believe that im up this bands ass i would hate to see what you say about bands you like. honestly, im not surprised that someone (you) responded in the way that you did. these forums are almost always filled with shit talking little punks who wouldnt dare say to someones face the things they say on here. my words were an attempt to open peoples minds a little bit about the nasty and unfounded comments they make in regards to bands doing things that the over opinionated shit talkers like you will never do. so you think im a groupie? youd feel pretty stupid if you actually knew who i really am, but like i said, your response doesnt surprise me in the least and if i ever start to give a shit what you or any other little coward on here thinks of me, ill be sure to kill myself. so you can continue to think, say and do all the things that show just how uneducated and bitter you are, and ill continue thinking its hysterical. id bet my career that your yet another lame ass member in a lame ass band that hates anyone doing better than you are, which probably isnt a difficult task. thanks for the laughs homie. enjoy the rest of your meaningless existence.

have a lovely day
10:22 AM on 05/10/10
IamtheDIVINE
thendobetter
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
and one more thing yontsey. what awesome label is your awesome band on, and how many CD's have you sold?
10:54 AM on 05/10/10
bertbro
User Info.
for the really smart individual that responded to my post- clearly you dont read very well so ill make this easy to understand. apparently you didnt read my entire post cuz you would have seen how many times i said i didnt like this band. The fact that i said it multiple times and it seems to have escaped you says very little about your reading abillities. if my post has lead you to believe that im up this bands ass i would hate to see what you say about bands you like. honestly, im not surprised that someone (you) responded in the way that you did. these forums are almost always filled with shit talking little punks who wouldnt dare say to someones face the things they say on here. my words were an attempt to open peoples minds a little bit about the nasty and unfounded comments they make in regards to bands doing things that the over opinionated shit talkers like you will never do. so you think im a groupie? youd feel pretty stupid if you actually knew who i really am, but like i said, your response doesnt surprise me in the least and if i ever start to give a shit what you or any other little coward on here thinks of me, ill be sure to kill myself. so you can continue to think, say and do all the things that show just how uneducated and bitter you are, and ill continue thinking its hysterical. id bet my career that your yet another lame ass member in a lame ass band that hates anyone doing better than you are, which probably isnt a difficult task. thanks for the laughs homie. enjoy the rest of your meaningless existence.

have a lovely day

the so-called "shit talkers" in this thread seem to make significantly better points than you do. this band does not have a single original characteristic to them, and are signed to a label that goes out of its way to find cookie-cutter screamo/post hardcore bands. i am into many different styles of music and have been to many live shows; and i can honestly say that this scene has notably the worst performers out of any other music style that i have ever witnessed. you obviously could care less about the passion for music that many bands have, and are perfectly okay with the fact that these atrocious/generic bands are flooding venues that once held real music.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS