AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Review
Hint: Follow a reviewer to be notified when they post reviews.
Vampires Everywhere! - Lost in the Shadows EP Album Cover
Author's Rating
Vocals 5
Musicianship 5.5
Lyrics 5
Production 7
Creativity 3
Lasting Value 2.5
Reviewer Tilt 3
Final Verdict: 44%
Member Ratings
Vocals 2.69
Musicianship 2.69
Lyrics 2.69
Production 0.25
Creativity 0.25
Lasting Value 0.25
Reviewer Tilt 0.25
Average: 13%

Vampires Everywhere! - Lost in the Shadows EP

Reviewed by: Alex DiVincenzo (04/13/10)
Vampires Everywhere! - Lost in the Shadows
Record Label: Century Media Records
Release Date: April 13, 2010

Who?

Despite taking their name from The Lost Boys, Vampires Everywhere! have more in common with Twilight. Much like how that film is an insult to real monster movies, the California sextet is a poor excuse for a post-hardcore band. For reasons Iíll never understand (or perhaps just the almighty dollar), respected metal label Century Media Records signed these self-described outcasts. Lost in the Shadows, the groupís debut EP, features their first two songs: "Immortal Love" and "The Embrace."

How is it?

Vocalist Michael Vampire (the other members go by equally laughable monikers) used to sing for the pop punk band Love, She Wrote. Now that the genre is no longer marketable, he has hopped on the latest trend. His new vocal style includes screams and cheesy, auto-tuned vocals. Listeners over the age of 15 need not apply. The worst thing about about Vampires Everywhere! is not the music itself, or even the fact that they seem to put more effort into applying their make-up than writing songs, but rather the sad truth that the gimmick will undoubtedly sell. If this junk is passable as music these days, the world is in dire need of a Van Helsing to exterminate these Edward Cullen wannabes.

Recommended if You LikeAttack Attack!; Escape the Fate; Alesana; Team Edward

myspace.com/vampireseverywhere

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 55.
12:28 PM on 04/13/10
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
Team Edward is the best RIYL I have ever seen. No way Team Jacob would go for this.

TEAMJACOBXCORE
12:29 PM on 04/13/10
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
Team Edward is the best RIYL I have ever seen. No way Team Jacob would go for this.

TEAMJACOBXCORE
Want to start a band called Team Jacob? Doesn't matter what we sound like; as long as we wear enough make-up and have a name like that, we'll get a record deal.
12:33 PM on 04/13/10
Gregory Robson
Under Rug Swept
User Info.
So glad you put this out there. Mad props. By the way that last line. Golden. You need to review more. God bless this review.
12:38 PM on 04/13/10
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
Want to start a band called Team Jacob? Doesn't matter what we sound like; as long as we wear enough make-up and have a name like that, we'll get a record deal.
I'm down. I'll be the hype man. I'll wear guyliner and hop around the stage and stick my hand out for all the 13 year old girls in the front to high five. After about a month of that, we'll have enough money to call it a career.
12:40 PM on 04/13/10
Keagan Ilvonen
@KeaganIlvonen
User Info.
EP of the year
12:42 PM on 04/13/10
Gregory Robson
Under Rug Swept
User Info.
EP of the millenium.
12:42 PM on 04/13/10
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
So glad you put this out there. Mad props. By the way that last line. Golden. You need to review more. God bless this review.
Haha thanks! I was quite proud of that last line. It's been difficult trouble finding things that inspire me enough to write to take the time to write a review during my busy semester, but this one was a no-brainer (in more ways than one).
01:17 PM on 04/13/10
xapplexpiex
&.&
User Info.
The RIYL is terrible. And the review was pretty good. Short, but enough and to the point. I actually like this style of review. The "who?" part familiarises me with the band if I never heard of them. Cool.
To me, this is kinda sad. The music is supposed be meaningful to the performer. And if the band feels solely about money/conforming to the latest trend, then I'm losing hope.
01:19 PM on 04/13/10
prefix-core
Andy Adores Alliteration
User Info.
Confirms everything I had assumed from the name and album title/seeing their ad in Alterantive Press. Haha.
01:20 PM on 04/13/10
rawspinner
Fight the Cancer
User Info.
I think Blade might be more badass.

What type of music would be Werewolves Everywhere!/ Team Jacob?
01:25 PM on 04/13/10
xapplexpiex
&.&
User Info.

I saw someone with a shirt that said something like "...and then Buffy killed Edward. The end." Made me chuckle.
01:26 PM on 04/13/10
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.

Genius. Thomas, scratch the Team Edward band. That market is over-saturated. We're starting the werewolf genre!

There is a cool psychobilly band called The Young Werewolves. Here is a review I wrote for their last album a couple years back.
01:35 PM on 04/13/10
cwhit412
User Info.
A whole 44%? Seriously?
I expected better of you guys.
01:43 PM on 04/13/10
brandon_260
Ah, yes.
User Info.
Why did this 2 -track ep even get reviewed?
Options
More From This Author

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS