Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 3 posts
09:29 AM on 04/16/10
guitarnick20
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I was just talking with a few guitar teachers at my local music store about music and I really think that they were right when they said too many people play "music" nowadays.
11:58 AM on 04/21/10
guitarnick20
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
If I taught guitar I'd hope tons of people played music so I could make more money. That's like Gatorade saying to many athletes drink Gatorade...it'd be cool if they drunk Powerade instead.

The local music shop guitar teacher aka still sour I didn't make it.

How did I get served? I don't teach guitar, perhaps you should go back to liking From First to Last or whatever shitty "bands" who play "music" that you listen to.

The point was that too many kids play "music". It's fine to learn an instrument, but to try to write music, some people should stay away from that part. It's cool to strum guitar and bang on some drums or hum a tune, but when you try to write one, either make it good, or don't put it out unless it's a joke and it's the comedic effect you're going for.

Thanks for playing though, I'm glad you have about as much intuition as a brick.
06:03 AM on 04/23/10
guitarnick20
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Dude, do you even know anybody who teaches guitar? Nobody makes their principal income teaching guitar. You make like 10 bucks an hour. Unless you got a sugar momma/daddy you're only teaching kids because you need a way to pay for your band that's not making it anywhere. It's always supplemental income. Perhaps you should use your critical thinking skills to deduce something you didn't learn in economics class. Here's one: Musicians are lazy, they don't want to work, they want to play. So what do they do to make a little extra cash to support their passion? Why, they teach kids how to play the instrument they play! If you wanna talk economics, go to wsj.com.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos