AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Sold! News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Record Store Day 2010

Posted by - 07:45 AM on 04/17/10
Today is like Christmas morning for us vinyl nerds and tangible music collectors. Today is the third annual Record Store Day. In celebration, come in and talk about your purchases and what exclusives or classic used finds you got your hands on today. Also, Nate Ruess of fun. was kind enough to talk with us about their live EP Live at Fingerprints which is part of the giant batch of releases today. So head in the replies and show off your finds and discuss your love of the tangible form of audio. More importantly, do all that when you get back from the store.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 156
07:47 AM on 04/17/10
nizzlefoshizzle
Sweet! Coins!
User Info.
There are so many releases I want but all the record stores near me went out of business...
07:52 AM on 04/17/10
drawndead
Bllllratttt
User Info.
My favorite day of the year and i'm completely broke. oh well, maybe next year
07:55 AM on 04/17/10
The Revisionist
Loves shittyass pop music
User Info.
Sooo stoked, I'm picking up the Springsteen 10" (the record store has already guaranteed they will have it for me) and playing an in-store. I never play solo shows, so this should be interesting haha.
08:06 AM on 04/17/10
iAMhollyood315
Rest is for the dead
User Info.
sweet. The Fall of Troy and Envy on the coast are doing an acoustic in store at SoundGarden in Syracuse today...then they are playing a regular set tonight....stoked!
08:18 AM on 04/17/10
brandnewsheep
Walking Is Still Honest
User Info.
I don't have a record store near me, but I went to All Ages in London at the beginning of the week and I've been saving the copy of Minor Threat I bought for today :)
08:19 AM on 04/17/10
lack of colour
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
The Bon Iver/Peter Gabriel split, kasdlfjsadjalw;3agksasla;
08:29 AM on 04/17/10
SexyJeff
Pfft. This Is Dildos
User Info.
I'm just about to leave but I'm hoping to pick up Mancheter Orchestra's Live At park Ave, The new Against Me single, and I heard there is possibly a Jimmy Eat World Clarity Live vinyl and something by City and Colour. Pretty intense release day.
08:39 AM on 04/17/10
Chris Collum
User Info.
I really would like to get the new Hold Steady album...but if there are only 600 I doubt I'll be there in time. If not, maybe the fun. or ManOrch live albums. Or Simple Science on cd...
08:44 AM on 04/17/10
MKEcasey
twitter.com/caseycuene
User Info.
I just got back to work. But I ran across the street quick and picked up the Bon Iver / Peter Gabriel split, Beach House Zebra, and the Flaming Lips take on Dark Side of the Moon. Time was limited, so I might stop over again after work.
09:02 AM on 04/17/10
stfu_man
Bury your memories
User Info.
I hope everything is still available when I get there. Ughz.
09:06 AM on 04/17/10
HometownHero
User Info.
Got up early and am about to leave fort this. Stoked!
09:07 AM on 04/17/10
Blake Solomon
Leave a one-way note.
User Info.
just buy something today, even if it's on amazon or itunes. make this the one day you buy something.
09:21 AM on 04/17/10
indiesuperman
User Info.
Went to Electric Fetus here in Minneapolis, MN.
Was able to get my hands on everything I set out for:
Josh Ritter prerelease vinyl of 'So Runs the World Away', Nada Surf prerelease of 'If I Had a Hi-Fi', Bruce Springsteen 10'', Jakob Dylan/Court Yard Hounds split single 7", The One A.M. Radio 7", and Julian Casblancas 7".

A pretty good haul, and a very well orchestrated event by the Fetus staff. A great experience this year!
09:22 AM on 04/17/10
HBdoubleJ
User Info.
Picked up the Beach House 12", Fun Deluxe vinyl, Steel Train 7" (By the way, their cover of La Roux's "Bulletproof" is amazing. Reminded me of Scissor Sisters for some reason.) Bon Iver split, Helio Sequence/Menomena split, Tegan and Sara 7", Fanfarlo 7", and the Passion Pit 7". Spent a whopping 75 bucks. Worth it.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos