Username
Password
Video Games News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Video Games
Inside AP.net

Games Round-Up (04/17/10)

Posted by: Linda Ferreira (04/17/10)
A new round-up for your reading pleasure. Marcus has put together a Games Round-Up. It can be read in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 43
08:28 AM on 04/17/10
Linda Ferreira
The Retired Maillady
User Info.
Thanks to Marcus for putting this together.

Games Round-Up General News
Instead of Climax Games, the next Silent Hill entry will be handled by Vatra Games .

Indie hit Machinarium is now moving on to Sony after being rejected from the Xbox Live Arcade

Australia might not be getting that 18+ rating that they’ve been wanting.

Apocalypse Now might get a game. Maybe I’m too young to know why it shouldn't get a game?

Interested in Ghost Recon: Future Soldier? Check out the impressions below, but maybe you should consider picking up Splinter Cell: Conviction.

Check out the Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days box art here.

Japanese developer Level-5 is working on Time Travelers.

Wonder what Hideo Kojima has for us next? He wonders too.

Green Day: Rock Band won’t have DLC. It still has achievements, though.

Dead Space fans get to know what happens before the said game in the novel Dead Space: Martyr.

Could the developer of Heavenly Sword, Ninja Theory, be working on Devil May Cry 5?

Remember XCOM? I don’t, but it’s coming back for the PC and 360.

Here’s some Sam & Max gameplay for their upcoming game.

Assassin’s Creed 2 is in the Guinness World Records.

It’s okay, Xbox 360, we all knew people were unhappy with the Final Fantasy XIII port. They were so unhappy, in fact, that it sold nearly twice as much on the PS3 than the 360.

The DSi XL can sell, apparently.

Grasshopper Manufacture's new project is coming up...but it's not called Closer.

Play all the violent video games you want before bed.

Nier has some DLC in planning.

Left 4 Dead 2's DLC is coming next week.

-----------------------------
PS3/PSP News

After announcing the giant black lollipop now known as the Playstation Move, the less lollipop, more Nunchuk-esque controller has been officially named the Navigation Controller.

If you like your snakes’ solid, you might be happy to know the Collector’s Edition of MGS: Peace Walker is worth $50 and has a special artbook just for you.

The PS3 sells a lot in Japan. Over five million, to be exact.

3D Dot Game Heroes is reminiscent of The Legend of Zelda.

Peek into the future of LittleBigPlanet2's soundtrack.

What's this? No 3D Blu-ray?

Realistic, 60 frames per second fighting with the Playstation Move? You betcha.

----------------------------
Xbox 360 News

Now you don’t have to deal with messy point transactions over Xbox Live; you can now buy in increments of 400 rather than 500.

Sexual tensions over Xbox Live will now double; in Fable 3, you and a partner playing co-op can make babies.

Here’s some more Halo: Reach beta screenshots for viewing pleasure. Along with these, new multiplayer modes have been announced.

Also, some Nintey-Nine Nights II screens are here.

Gears of War 3 is to be released April 5th, 2011 in North America/Asia, April 7th in Japan and Europe on the 8th. Included is 4-Player Co-op, new weapons, and female characters. Check out screenshots and a trailer over at IGN’S GOW3 site.

Who likes Yu-Gi-Oh? I do. Expect the Yu-Gi-Oh XBLA game to be one of my instant buys.

Take a look into how Natal works.

---------------------------------
Wii/DS News

Check out the first glimpse at the upcoming 5th generation of Pokemon in Pokemon Black and White.

Famed creator Shigeru Miyamoto claims that his best work is yet to come. What could top Legend of Zelda or Mario?

Miyamoto also says he doesn’t wish to retire at his old age of 60.

You can now watch movies on your Wii via Netflix, though why you would is beyond me.

For any of those who had a crush on Lindsey Lohan a few years ago, live it up with the DS game of Mean Girls.

If you’ve needed more of an incentive to buy a DSi, consider getting Mario & Luigi: Bower’s Inside Story free with this new bundle.

Falling off the Wii Balance Board can easily lead to sexual-arousal syndrome.

While not Dragon Quest X, it is indeed a Dragon Quest game.

---------------------------------
PC News

The folks behind Crysis are upset over Apple and their lack of enthusiasm about computer gaming.

Check out Kotaku’s review over the new Alienware M11x gaming laptop

Preorder Sam and Max on Steam and get some nice gifts for your TF2 characters .

Apparently StarCraft II will be rated Adults Only in Korea.

-----------------------------------------
iPhone/iPad News

Namco’s first non-arcade remake game is now on iTunes, titled Lt. Fly: Rise of the Arachnids.

Is Sonic 2 coming to the iPhone?

The iPad won’t be released internationally till May.

Return to Ninjatown is coming to the iPhone.

--------------------------------
Developer News

In one of the larger battles between developers and producers, ex-Infinity Ward Jason West and Vince Zampella have already joined with EA to form Respawn Entertainment AND are already preparing for their first game. Check out Joystiq’s interview here.

To go along with this, numerous different IW devs have quit their jobs. What will this mean for Modern Warfare 3?

Misc. News

One of the Final Fantasy artists is now working on his first film titled Zan.

Japanese men aren’t the only people who get addicted to video games.

I don’t have this kind of money to blow on a video game that’s nearly 28 years old.

Korea’s gonna ban late night MMO gamers.

Help a gamer in need.

-------------------------------------
Previews, Impressions, Hands-on, Reviews, etc.

Ghost Recon: Future Soldier, and here

Dead to Rights Retribution, and here

Lucha Libre: AAA Heroes of the Ring

MGS: Peace Walker Tutorial

Lost in Shadows

Two Worlds 2

Nier

---------------------------
Out this week:

UNITED STATES
Wii: Military Madness: Nectaris (WiiWare), Zaxxon (WiiWare), Arcade Shooter: Ilvelo (WiiWare)
DS: 7 Card Games (DSi Store), AiRace (DSi Store), AlphaBounce (DSi Store), Gangstar 2: Kings of L.A. (DSi Store), Easy Piano
Xbox 360: Massage Me (XBLA), Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell: Conviction, Final Fight: Double Impact (XBLA)
PS3: Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City, Final Fight: Double Impact (PSN), Lead and Gold: Gangs of the Wild West (PSN), Sam & Max: The Devil’s Playhouse Episode 1: The Penal Zone (PSN)
PSP: Blood Bowl
PC: Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City, Sam & Max: The Devil’s Playhouse Episode 1: The Penal Zone, Dark Void Zero, Wings of Luftwaffe,
iPhone: Dark Void Zero

EUROPE
Wii: Diva Girls: Diva Ballerina, Mega Man 4 (WiiWare), Playmobil Circus, Rugby League 3, Sin and Punishment: Star Successor, Spellbound Party (WiiWare), World Party Games
DS: Diva Girls: Diva Ballerina, Little Book of Big Secretsk, Mystery Tales of Time Travel, Playmobil Knight: Hero of the Kingdom
Xbox 360: Fireburst, Samurai Showdown Sen, Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell: Conviction
PS3: Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City, Fireburst, LittleBigPlanet: GOTY Edition
PSP: n/a
PC: Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City, Men of War: Red Tide
iPhone: n/a

All news related information obtained off of IGN, Kotaku, Joystiq and Gamespot. Release dates gathered from GameFAQs and Gamestop.

Contributor: lemontie
08:47 AM on 04/17/10
BigG1392
I have a crippling fear of heights
User Info.
Cool idea! Sucks that Green Day Rock Band has no DLC... it definitely needed more Nimrod/Warning..
Pokemon is still alive and well... B&W will be fun :)
08:50 AM on 04/17/10
shawnPLAGUES
Steve Holt is a bastard.
User Info.
Neat idea, but I already get all of my gaming news from Kotaku. I'll probably still read this to see if they missed anything though.
08:51 AM on 04/17/10
deezee
geekrevolt.com
User Info.
Awesome Round-Up!! I like how the iPad is included! I've been doing a good amount of gaming on mines...

Also I can't wait for the new Pokemon games!!
08:58 AM on 04/17/10
troubledbyinsects
~
User Info.
This is awesome.
09:00 AM on 04/17/10
iden22
close call
User Info.
Great round-up. The Yu-Gi-Oh XBLA news intrigues me a bit, but I'd feel incredibly out of touch with so many cards that have come out since 2005 (when I stopped playing).

The AAA wrestling game doesn't look too shabby. The good graphics remind me of the TNA Impact game, although it does look like it has that arcade fighting style that Impact carried as well. Hopefully the mechanics will be executed better here.
09:01 AM on 04/17/10
-whisp-
HelixSkies
User Info.
Fantastic, I approve of this.
09:32 AM on 04/17/10
TheProsAndCons
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
And AbsolutePunk just got better!
09:34 AM on 04/17/10
sleepyseanzzz
Get in that ass, Larry!
User Info.
Cool idea! Sucks that Green Day Rock Band has no DLC... it definitely needed more Nimrod/Warning..
Pokemon is still alive and well... B&W will be fun :)
yea i was thinking about it and im happy with the tracklisting except i wish they would have added waiting, J.A.R., walking contradiction, and redundant
09:41 AM on 04/17/10
Yellowcard2006
I'll buy you a raincoat
User Info.
Great roundup
09:50 AM on 04/17/10
wall e
@mattobrien37
User Info.
Lol @ the Fable 3 news.
10:01 AM on 04/17/10
Protested Hero
Jon
User Info.
Good stuff, but I usually check Kotaku.com every single day anyway.
10:08 AM on 04/17/10
Spenny
Hearts without chains.
User Info.
Great idea. My only suggestion is to use more sources. I visit Kotaku, IGN and Joystiq daily, so I've seen most of it before.

But it definitely serves a purpose for people that don't read those sites and want to keep up with gaming news.
10:32 AM on 04/17/10
TSTLSOOM
Hayley > Hayley
User Info.
And AbsolutePunk just got better!
this.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives