Username
Password

Album Review - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 75.
07:58 AM on 08/23/06
Steve Henderson
Retired
User Info.
all right, pn.o did a shit job reviewing this by giving it two stars when it's obviously a pretty good metalcore cd....but a 96%? are you fuckin retarded?
So let me get this straight...

You come here to slobber all over Darren's knob every time he writes a review, and you shit all over everyone else's? Please correct me if I am wrong.
08:02 AM on 08/23/06
perrone
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
i give props where they're due
08:25 AM on 08/23/06
irthetyler
Coachillin'?
User Info.
i dont think the vocalist is what has taken them any further, he really doesnt have much different of a sound/range than jesse...i like him more, mainly because he sounds like sean ingram. Id say the songwriting has improved dramatically and they were able to blend melodic/heavy parts a lot better this time out. Good record.
08:41 AM on 08/23/06
irthetyler
Coachillin'?
User Info.
because the way i see it, every year there's probably one or maybe two at most cds deserving of a 95%+...and some metalcore album isn't it

this is one of the better metalcore albums in recent memory (probably since hot damn), but the 96% makes my brain hurt

haha wow you are a moron.
08:53 AM on 08/23/06
perrone
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
care to go a little more in depth, hoss?
08:55 AM on 08/23/06
Steve Henderson
Retired
User Info.
because the way i see it, every year there's probably one or maybe two at most cds deserving of a 95%+...and some metalcore album isn't it

this is one of the better metalcore albums in recent memory (probably since hot damn), but the 96% makes my brain hurt
First of all, why does the fact that it is metalcore forfeit it from the running as one of the year's best?

What makes you think Drew does not think it is 1 of those 2 for the year?

Why do you try and argue things like score instead of concrete points discussed during the review?

Grow up.
09:08 AM on 08/23/06
irthetyler
Coachillin'?
User Info.
care to go a little more in depth, hoss?

your quote says it all. the fact you namedrop hot damn! as one of the best metalcore cd's to come out further proves my point.
09:10 AM on 08/23/06
duffe
_________________________ _____
User Info.
great album.
09:12 AM on 08/23/06
Big_Guy
Idle Will Kill
User Info.
your quote says it all. the fact you namedrop hot damn! as one of the best metalcore cd's to come out further proves my point.

If you want to call Hot Damn! metalcore (which it probably is) then it is one of the best metalcore cds to come out.

I'm sure you are one of those Botch rip-off loving tards.
09:14 AM on 08/23/06
irthetyler
Coachillin'?
User Info.
If you want to call Hot Damn! metalcore (which it probably is) then it is one of the best metalcore cds to come out.

I'm sure you are one of those Botch rip-off loving tards.

if you believe that you havent heard enough metalcore.
09:24 AM on 08/23/06
Big_Guy
Idle Will Kill
User Info.
list some good metalcore bands besides Shai Hulud, Misery Signals, ETID.

other bands that might be considered metalcore that I like: Unearth, A Life Once Lost

I'm always open to new bands.
09:26 AM on 08/23/06
weworemasks
save the drama for wilmer valderama
User Info.
with this score, this better be your album of the year.

people gave scott so much shit when he dropped a 9.5 on pretty much his favorite band, don't know whats going on here.
10:06 AM on 08/23/06
irthetyler
Coachillin'?
User Info.
list some good metalcore bands besides Shai Hulud, Misery Signals, ETID.

other bands that might be considered metalcore that I like: Unearth, A Life Once Lost

I'm always open to new bands.

from a second story window (both their EP and full length trounce anything by misery signals/etid

Leng T'che although most people would consider them grindcore...same family

At the gates-slaughter of the soul

Darkest Hour-pretty much anything

Embrace The End-its a recent release but its infinitely better than anything ETID has done

Agoraphobic Nosebleed, Converge, Breather Resist, Coalesce, Arsis, Blood Has Been Shed, Curl Up And Die, Deadguy etc.

all those bands have put out better albums than ETID have/ever will. I have no problem with people liking them, but to say they have put out one of the best metalcore albums is insanity.
10:14 AM on 08/23/06
perrone
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
that from a second story window album is trash, my man...talk about a half rate red chord ripoff

converge? metalcore? darkest hour? deadguy? you obviously have no idea what you're talking about

and i said in recent memory (2003, big boy), slaughter of the soul was in the 90s! and no, grindcore is NOT what we are talking about here

you missed the point completely
10:15 AM on 08/23/06
Big_Guy
Idle Will Kill
User Info.
from a second story window (both their EP and full length trounce anything by misery signals/etid

Leng T'che although most people would consider them grindcore...same family

At the gates-slaughter of the soul

Darkest Hour-pretty much anything

Embrace The End-its a recent release but its infinitely better than anything ETID has done

Agoraphobic Nosebleed, Converge, Breather Resist, Coalesce, Arsis, Blood Has Been Shed, Curl Up And Die, Deadguy etc.

all those bands have put out better albums than ETID have/ever will. I have no problem with people liking them, but to say they have put out one of the best metalcore albums is insanity.

most of those bands are great but far from what I consider metalcore. At The Gates metalcore? I don't really think so, but yeah, Converge, Coalesce, Deadguy, Curl Up And Die and Breather Resist are all great. I guess it just comes down to what you consider metalcore.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums