Username
Password

Album Review - Page 5
Displaying posts 60 - 75 of 75.
05:05 PM on 08/23/06
InaGreendase
Registered Member
User Info.
Your one of those "Jesse was better" folks arent you.

I've never even heard this band before, but whoever this vocalist is, he has the stereotypical gruff metalcore bark. Totally plain and unconvincing.
06:37 PM on 08/23/06
crazytoledo
Addicted to slurpees
User Info.
You know, it's kind of bad when the most enjoyable part on this album is the singing vocals by Patrick Stump of Fall Out Boy. But the clean break on 'The Failsafe' is killer. Once again, I can't stand the vocals and the songs kind of sound a little to similar throughout, but their fine musicians and the guitar/drum work is pretty top notch.

Either way, my full opinion: http://punknews.org/review/5564

P.S.

For all the Jesse haters, listen to the original demos. The vocal work is purely amazing. It's not as good on the final product, mainly cause the production slightly botches it, but he's still one of the memorable metalcore vocalists.
08:22 PM on 08/23/06
AppleCore
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Big fan of the site. Just registered. First post. Woo....

This thread delivers!...hehe..half the reason I registered. Couldn't resist gettin' in on some O this.

In my opinion ETID is just a straight up Rock 'n' Roll band. Genre distinctions aside. They play music of the devil. I like all their albums. I'm sure many of us do. I listen to their music and go, "Mmm..cool music." But then we're not debating that are we.....we're debating....ummm.....

Btw, great review. Love 'Mirrors'.
06:24 AM on 08/25/06
perrone
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
this website needs to employ me as the dude who keeps discussion on albums going

seriously dudes this place is a bore without me
06:52 AM on 08/25/06
Steve Henderson
Retired
User Info.
this website needs to employ me as the dude who keeps discussion on albums going

seriously dudes this place is a bore without me
omg yes perrone is back woo woo life is complete thanks to be god lawlz
12:36 PM on 08/25/06
perrone
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
see what i mean?
04:57 PM on 08/25/06
User Info.
This review finally convinced me to pick this up.

Fantastic album
08:35 PM on 08/27/06
YourMusicSucks
True Punk Fan
User Info.
I'm not much more than a casual listener of this genre, but this review inspired me to check this CD out and so far I'm in love. Thanks.
05:12 PM on 08/31/06
Kyle Thrash
@thrash_itup
User Info.
this is one of the better metalcore albums in recent memory (probably since hot damn), but the 96% makes my brain hurt

woah dude. first hot damn was a metalcore album??? second if its the best since that if better be fuckin amazing being that hot damn is one of the best hardcore releases to date. you just threw out a crazy comparison right their bro.

i just got the album. not hugely impressed. i thought maybed they'd experiment a little more. i think its really gunna grow on me though. ill be listening to it for a little along with the new HORSE EP
09:14 AM on 09/13/06
RabbleRABBLE
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
great review... but i think of malice and the magnum heart pushed them a little further than the middle of the pack. that cd was insane, and this one continues that brutal yet melodic direction.

I completely agree. Malice had a lot more meaning and passion put into the lyrics..some of that left the band with jessie, but not nearly all. This new installment is amazing by far the best cd ive heard this year. Awesome review..im pretty sure those guys appreciate it.
-first post-
03:25 AM on 09/20/06
DreamOfUnity
User Info.
This album is great but should not be compared to "Of Malice...". They're two totally different sounds.
06:12 AM on 11/20/07
Bruycker
User Info.
The best Cd I've heard in the last year, still is
09:57 AM on 02/14/09
exalejo
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
the best band ever, with an awemo album. too good...
11:55 AM on 10/22/10
esperotic
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Ohh, 4 years aftar the fact, I feel like dropping my opinion. I bought this album the day it came out, and I know upon the first couple of listens Karls voice seemed to make the entire album blend together....but, but...Here I am 4 years later and I would easily place this album in my top 5 (not that it matters), I listen to it weekly. I just cannot get enough of it, especially 'failsafe/migrate(always repeat this track a couple times)/anchor/mirrors' and all of them really. I guess my point is, if you dismissed this album after one or two listens, please try it over a few times and then let the goodness in. It's easily my favorite of the 3 albums.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests