Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 19 posts.
02:20 AM on 04/20/10
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
Can't wait to get this. Dig the review so no offense but no Garret Press review?
I offered it to him and he told me to take a shot at it. You can ask him about it if you like.
Really like the review, sir. I concur with the majority of what you have to say about this record.
Thanks, and thanks again for reading through it first.
03:24 AM on 04/20/10
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
Awesome review. It makes me excited to finally finish listening to this album.
Nice review Thomas.

This album is my favorite since In Keeping Secrets.
Thank you both. Definitely finish out the album, the second half is much better than the first.
03:36 AM on 04/20/10
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
Aww yeah. Garett will be proud of this. It's never an easy feat to write a review for anything Coheed, but you managed to do it justice. Mad props, T-Nass!
Thanks, I'm interested to hear what he has to say. You're all about the first-letter-of-the-first-name-followed-by-a-dash-then-another-word nicknames. I can respect that.
10:55 AM on 04/20/10
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
Creativity isn't my thing, ya know?

Actually, if I ever give out nicknames, they're for something embarrassing or in regards to some weird trait. Not that it's weird, but I could start calling you Too Tall Tom if you'd like. Or T-Cubed. Shit, I'm right back to where I started. Man, I need to eat a Powerbar or something.
Hahaha. You can call me whatever you want, but I'm really just a fan of my normal name haha. But it's kinda cool when certain people call me certain things. Either way lol
Thank you! Somebody finally agrees with me that Guns of Summer is not everything it's made up to be.

For me, it's the worst on the album (not counting One, since it's a pretty basic intro song). Technically impressive instrumentals do not always make a good song if not approached properly and let to breathe (if that makes sense).

The middle of the album is where the best material comes, for me. Starting with Here We Are Juggernaut -> Far -> This Shattered Symphony -> World of Lines -> Made Out of Nothing (All That I Am) -> Pearl of the Stars is just fantastic. It has been a LONG time since I've listened to an album with six amazing songs in a row.
I understand what you're saying. Now that I think of it, "Here We Are Juggernaut" and "Far" are stronger than "Skeletons" and "YOTBR" so my review would have been better off saying that the middle is the awesome part, not the end. Mehh, I don't know why I didn't think of that...
but you aren't Garret Press
10:56 AM on 04/20/10
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
Thanks to everyone who liked the review and I'm glad this is getting some people to check it out!
11:27 AM on 04/20/10
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
As a long time die hard fan of the band this album disappointed me to no end. I wanted to cry when I got done listening to it because I though it was that bad. Pear Of The Stars is the only real stand-out track.
While I don't agree with you about "Pearl of the Stars" being the only stand out, did you like this more than No World for Tomorrow?
11:46 AM on 04/20/10
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
No, I though No World For Tomorrow was a great album with a lot of great tracks. No World For Tomorrow, Mother Superior, Gravemakers & Gunslingers, On The Brink. Hell I loved every track on that album, I wouldn't skip one song.

On YOTBR I would really skip most of the song, I really didn't like the album at all. I tried to I really tried to force myself to like it but it didn't happen.
Mehh, you shouldn't have to force yourself to like anything haha. To each their own.
01:58 PM on 04/20/10
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
Honestly, this is the only positive review I've read yet of this album. Haven't really taken the time to get into Coheed, but I'm guessing this isn't the album to do it...?
No, not this album. Start with the beginning of the discography.
02:09 PM on 04/20/10
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
At least it's better than Jobin.
Slappin' da bass.
03:18 PM on 04/20/10
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
i makes me mad that you allude for people to not listening to the whole record.
What?
03:53 PM on 04/20/10
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
The only thing worse than this record is this review - Coheed has lost the ability to make you want to sing along - "the corner boys, fuck shit up" for example. The music is boring. And the story is almost non exsistant. Not sure what they were thinking on this one. Infact they have been garbage ever since they disbanded. Weerd science on the other hand is Amazing - Cant wait for Sick Kids!
04:47 PM on 04/20/10
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
I'm surprised by the warm reception of this review. I had trouble reading it. The first two paragraphs could be completely cut out and it wouldn't affect anything other than saving me the time I wasted reading about you getting into the band.
You should have skipped it, then. I put it there because it's my review, I would have understood it if people had skimmed ahead to the content.
04:56 PM on 04/20/10
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
If you'd like to become a better writer, you may want to learn to take constructive criticism rather than instructing your readers to skip parts of your work.
Criticism noted.
10:22 PM on 04/20/10
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
i liked "one"
has the similar trend to the other first tracks
I was sad to see there was no "hidden" track at the end
like some other the other CoCa releases had
First one of their albums without a hidden track.
Options
More From This Author

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS