Username
Password
Dredg News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Dredg
Inside AP.net

Dredg Special Santa Cruz Show Details

Posted by: Katie Schmitz (08/25/06)
Dredg announced a few days ago that they were playing two very special shows at The Catalyst in Santa Cruz, CA. Here are the details:
Special Shows9/14/2006 - The Catalyst - Santa Cruz, CA - 1011 Pacific Ave. 95061
Dredg will be performing Leitmotif in its entirety as well as selections from Catch Without Arms.
BUY TICKETS (16+)

9/15/2006 - The Catalyst - Santa Cruz, CA - 1011 Pacific Ave. 95061
Dredg will be performing El Cielo in its entirety as well as selections from Catch Without Arms.
BUY TICKETS (16+)

Submitted by gregxthor

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 39.
05:21 AM on 08/25/06
GlassyLight
King of Wrangling
User Info.
Goddamn.

dredg puts on a hell of a live show, especially if they're playing El Cielo in its entirety. For the love of god, if you're in santa cruz, go to this.
05:25 AM on 08/25/06
thentheresme
User Info.
Ahhh there are very few things I wouldn't give up to see them play El Cielo in its entirety.

And by very few things I mean anything below my waist.
06:22 AM on 08/25/06
gregxthor
User Info.
dredg absolutely does give an amazing show. They sounded amazing when I saw them. The best thing of all though, the line up was:
  • mewithoutYou
  • dredg
  • The Blood Brothers
  • Coheed & Cambria
THAT WAS A FANTASTIC SHOW! I am really hoping to see dredg again very soon, if they ever come to the east-coast. I've been obsessed with Catch Without Arms. I may go out and purchase El Cielo though. I've got it on my computer but I've never listend to it.

-Greg
06:28 AM on 08/25/06
dukeboy1986
...is well Heeled!
User Info.
Damn, I saw Dredg do a headlining show back in April, they are really good live.
06:38 AM on 08/25/06
thentheresme
User Info.
dredg absolutely does give an amazing show. They sounded amazing when I saw them. The best thing of all though, the line up was:
  • mewithoutYou
  • dredg
  • The Blood Brothers
  • Coheed & Cambria
THAT WAS A FANTASTIC SHOW! I am really hoping to see dredg again very soon, if they ever come to the east-coast. I've been obsessed with Catch Without Arms. I may go out and purchase El Cielo though. I've got it on my computer but I've never listend to it.

-Greg

Dude, definitely listen to El Cielo. It's my favorite cd ever. I hated Catch Without Arms when it came out because I thought it was terrible compared to El Cielo. I let it grow on me and I love it now though. El Cielo is just on a completely different level.
06:45 AM on 08/25/06
glassjaw9277
User Info.
El Cielo is an amazing album but how can you not mention Leitmotif. That album opened my eyes to a whole new side of music. God please let them make a DVD of these shows.
06:53 AM on 08/25/06
Steve Henderson
Retired
User Info.
Wow. Just wow. I hate everyone that can go to this.
08:14 AM on 08/25/06
love_american_style
User Info.
i first saw these guys with Taproot right after they came out with Leitmotif.....that album changed the way i listen to music (obviously since i used to listen to taproot). they put on an awsome live show and i wish i could go but santa cruz is so far away from me....especialy on a weekday.
08:23 AM on 08/25/06
china white
ah dang
User Info.
Wow, wow, wow and wow.
08:52 AM on 08/25/06
dyingurthhorizo
Admits to the truth
User Info.
dear people who live in CA,

I hate you

Sincerely,

Me
09:09 AM on 08/25/06
Adeniz19
whikawhikawhaaat
User Info.
i want to go to the friday show but i doubt i'll be able to :(
09:11 AM on 08/25/06
getlostnareeses
User Info.
i'm going to both :)
especially since portugal. the man is opening both shows!
09:13 AM on 08/25/06
thentheresme
User Info.
El Cielo is an amazing album but how can you not mention Leitmotif. That album opened my eyes to a whole new side of music. God please let them make a DVD of these shows.

I think I would like Leitmotif more if it were better quality. But NOTHING tops El Cielo for me.

And I also would love a DVD of these.
09:30 AM on 08/25/06
SePaMc
Under your wings I'll hide.
User Info.
Everyone hates everyone in CA and apparently loves Dredg. I feel like I wasted my time by never listening to them.

I go to school in Santa Cruz, and now have a house there, yet I have no plans of going to this.

But I mean, in defense of CA, it IS a hometown show, and I would expect many bands to do the same sort of thing (playing whole CDs and what not) in their hometown.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests