Username
Password
The Audition News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Audition
Inside AP.net

Danny Talks

Posted by: Blake Solomon (04/27/10)
A new interview with Danny Stevens from The Audition is in the replies.

Submitted by MSIndulgence

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 33
07:42 AM on 04/27/10
Blake Solomon
Leave a one-way note.
User Info.
07:46 AM on 04/27/10
Beej 347
twitter.com/billrepublic
User Info.
great danger = great disappointment
08:02 AM on 04/27/10
JayBee420
Bright and Early
User Info.
great danger = great disappointment
I agree. I have no words of hate for this band, but I wish they would just rock out again. I used to talk about how they were one of the better live bands out there. Danny is a commanding lead singer/front man. I just CANT find anything I like about Great Danger. It's like 100% laptop built. I wish these dude's the best of luck, but for me personally I just can't get into it.
08:09 AM on 04/27/10
Beej 347
twitter.com/billrepublic
User Info.
I agree. I have no words of hate for this band, but I wish they would just rock out again. I used to talk about how they were one of the better live bands out there. Danny is a commanding lead singer/front man. I just CANT find anything I like about Great Danger. It's like 100% laptop built. I wish these dude's the best of luck, but for me personally I just can't get into it.
CLC was a pop punk gem, Champion was a break from the norm but with excellent results and Self Titled Album was like the first two albums put together. but as i was listening to Great Danger, i had a few WTF? moments. it seems like their going for a bigger "arena rock" sound like Boys Like Girls did and what i'm sure a lot of other pop punk bands will be doing in the future. To me, Great Danger just seemed very rushed and the band, notably Danny, doesn't seem and sound comfortable/confident like they have in the past.
08:21 AM on 04/27/10
Yellowcard2006
I'll buy you a raincoat
User Info.
Lady Gaga >>>>> Ke$ha

Ke$ha sucks so hard.

Good interview
08:34 AM on 04/27/10
JayBee420
Bright and Early
User Info.
CLC was a pop punk gem, Champion was a break from the norm but with excellent results and Self Titled Album was like the first two albums put together. but as i was listening to Great Danger, i had a few WTF? moments. it seems like their going for a bigger "arena rock" sound like Boys Like Girls did and what i'm sure a lot of other pop punk bands will be doing in the future. To me, Great Danger just seemed very rushed and the band, notably Danny, doesn't seem and sound comfortable/confident like they have in the past.
Yeah I agree man. I don't wanna be that "TELL ALL YOUR FRIENDS" guy, but the old stuff was def better because it had raw energy and more emotion. When I hear the new songs, I feel that they were written with a motive of gaining more fame. Sometimes bands need to take a breather and look at what made them successful in the first place. For this band, it wasn't about showcasing ALL of their talents, but more or less just rocking the shit out of their catchy well written songs. This band got popular because they wrote good songs, and they had a performance based energy that would grab people. Where I don't think anyone should copy their first record over and over again, I feel that bands should definitely latch onto whatever makes them different or better than other bands.
08:35 AM on 04/27/10
Captain Awesome
We're gonna party like it's 2012
User Info.
Don't understand these people... Great Danger is one of my favorite releases this year so far. Has a huge Controversy vibe, which I love. "The Art of Living" has to be one of the best fucking songs I've heard this year.
08:40 AM on 04/27/10
billyboatkid
The Protagonist of Loneliness
User Info.
Don't understand these people... Great Danger is one of my favorite releases this year so far. Has a huge Controversy vibe, which I love. "The Art of Living" has to be one of the best fucking songs I've heard this year.

Agreed. I'm still spinning Great Danger daily.
08:42 AM on 04/27/10
wheresadalia
breathe slowly, speak softly
User Info.
this
i think great danger is actually my favorite of theirs, i even told danny and seth that haha. and all the threads about it from like a month ago were raving about it. so idk what the hell you all are talking about.
08:44 AM on 04/27/10
katieissweet
@katelyndonahue
User Info.
I like Great Danger much more than Self Titled Album.
08:51 AM on 04/27/10
SLoT
Stage three has begun.
User Info.
Just finished listening to Great Danger. Kind of trails near the last couple tracks, but that could be because I listened from Champion straight through without stopping. Either way, Great Danger is solid. Don't understand the hate.
09:04 AM on 04/27/10
Beej 347
twitter.com/billrepublic
User Info.
i'm not hating on anyone or anything, all i'm trying to say that their previous releases were way better. great danger just doesn't have that spark imo.
09:25 AM on 04/27/10
NoUse2808
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I like both their first album and Great Danger. Really different vibes but I wouldn't expect them to make the same record over and over. Great band, great live show.
09:37 AM on 04/27/10
Mikeallover
User Info.
I like Great Danger more than their self titled but I love all 4 of their albums.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests