miltownrob
cottonheadedninnymuggins
User Info.
that sucks
11:51 AM on 08/28/06
screamoutmyname
through being cool
User Info.
Dang... I want Punchline to bring back Paul.
12:17 PM on 08/28/06
Punkdc
Some guy who enjoys stuff
User Info.
He was really good live. He said some solo stuff will be coming so that will be cool. We'll see what the new guy brings
12:23 PM on 08/28/06
JohnnyG
Nothing Gold Can Stay
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Belan is one of the nicest and most talented guys I know. Just listen to his old band The Berlin Projects CD "The Things We Say" and listen to his song "Piano Demo." He will be adding a lot to Punchline.

Greg Wood is a great solo artist. If he continues to do that you will be sure to hear his name come up places.
12:38 PM on 08/28/06
AsheyLarryRXB
i space docked your mom
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

west beverly ruled!
01:23 PM on 08/28/06
CWeezer
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
i'm really upset. i love punchline and it's not fair they don't get half of the success they deserve. i actually kind of agreed with his statement and watching all of their peers succeed, especially ones on their own label. i can't help but think FBR does a shitty job of promoting this band. and i love kilowatt, but i agree. paul coming back would be so amazing.
03:04 PM on 08/28/06
rewindthistime
unravel
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
i'm really upset. i love punchline and it's not fair they don't get half of the success they deserve. i actually kind of agreed with his statement and watching all of their peers succeed, especially ones on their own label. i can't help but think FBR does a shitty job of promoting this band. and i love kilowatt, but i agree. paul coming back would be so amazing.
fbr has gotten to be such that they will promote the bands that are doing very well at the moment & just kind of forget about the rest. it is ridic.
04:09 PM on 08/28/06
DonByron
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
We are going to be doing a "Thanks and goodbye Pittsburgh" show for Greg Wood at Mr Small's on October 7th. Details are still being worked out because we had to wait a few days to get the date we wanted. But I hope all of you Pittsburgh fans come out and support Greg's solo stuff. He may not tour ever again. He said maybe just regionally in his area he may play some shows.
08:02 PM on 08/28/06
NoAvailBrian
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
greg was a douche. punchline is better off without him.
07:29 AM on 08/29/06
Dbringsthemosh
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
hmm this is pretty depressing. I'm just glad that I got to see Punchline a few times over the summer cause I am one obsessed girl when it comes to Punchline. SHIIIITTTTTTT
01:10 PM on 08/29/06
Julia Conny
"Julia HurriConny"
User Info.
We are going to be doing a "Thanks and goodbye Pittsburgh" show for Greg Wood at Mr Small's on October 7th. Details are still being worked out because we had to wait a few days to get the date we wanted. But I hope all of you Pittsburgh fans come out and support Greg's solo stuff. He may not tour ever again. He said maybe just regionally in his area he may play some shows.

Oh balls. I wish I still lived in Pittsburgh.
04:22 PM on 08/29/06
battybat17
1, 2, 3, Count.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
fbr has gotten to be such that they will promote the bands that are doing very well at the moment & just kind of forget about the rest. it is ridic.

Agreed.
Hell, I am their only real reliable street teamer in my state, and I keep tabs on what promo needs to be done-- Punchline gets very little help. And though I don't mind helping them out in my own ways (I print my own handbills for shows all the time) it sucks to see the label not giving them the push they deserve.
They're one of the hardest working bands I've ever met, and the fact that the label doesn't try to match their hard work is depressing.
I thought the point of promoting was to help promote bands that need help, not help bands that are exploding on their own and don't really need the help.

In regards to the topic at hand:
Greg was a sweetheart, and I never got to know him as well as the other guys, but he's still a part of the band to me. It's sad to see him go.
However, I respect his decision, and at least this time, he didn't just up and leave with no explanation, like Paul did.

Paul rejoining the band? As sweet as it would be for me to get to hear "Here Goes Nothing" live just ONCE, it'll never happen.
Paul bailed on them. They have talked from what I hear, but... not often. They're not really friends anymore.
Don't get your hopes up for him rejoining. It's not like he left just because he couldn't tour or something along those lines. There were much deeper issues there.
08:12 PM on 08/29/06
thisisrightnow
Road Slut
User Info.
This is nuts!

I really hope they can get Paul back then. That would be awesome.

Haha, hell would have to freeze over before that happened. Besides, I like Paul in Kilowatt a lot. And yeah, did I mention it just won't happen?

I've seen this Jon Belan character play twice with Punchline, back when Greg couldn't be at some of the shows, so he filled in. I definitely noticed he lacked any stage presence like Greg had. The guy could sing, but I almost felt like I was watching Paul again because he just stood there. Hopefully he'll get into it more knowing he'll actually be IN the band.
06:55 PM on 10/18/11
KristaJustine
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Haha, hell would have to freeze over before that happened. Besides, I like Paul in Kilowatt a lot. And yeah, did I mention it just won't happen?

Hell hath frozen over my dear...it is a cold cold place these days ;)
07:11 PM on 10/18/11
akster
Gabe Bravo
User Info.
Hell hath frozen over my dear...it is a cold cold place these days ;)

HA! :)
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News